What's new

Multiple Reports: LeBron Plans To Choose Miami Heat

This is a possible foreshadowing of what's to come with Deron (and probably Melo next summer).

Lebron said that the biggest reason he chose Miami was that he was impressed with the franchise's commitment to clear cap space, make some difficult decisions, all in an effort to win a championship.

Al Harrington and the possible resigning of Brewer all while losing key players (like Boozer) doesn't exactly scream the commitment or ability of this franchise to create a championship team for Deron.

If Lebron can swallow his ego and play with Bosh and Dwade, what's stopping Deron from jumping ship and playing with Kobe, Durant, etc?

That's true, but it's not the end of the world if Deron leaves.

On the other hand, I have been feeling lately that we should just do the same thing and rebuild or "Miami-fy" this team. ;)

Instead of leaving, maybe Deron can be our DWade recruiter. :)

On the other hand, I have been feeling lately that we should just do the same thing and rebuild or "Miami-fy" this team. ;)

I'm sure Miami helped. I'm also sure that Florida's tax system helped too.

Even if Deron wants to recruit players, I wouldn't really hold our breath that we're going to all of a sudden get 2 more superstars to join Deron.

In fact, why not a Deron, Melo and Gasol trio? Doesn't Gasol and Melo become free agents next summer?

I hope the Lakers wipe their *** in the finals next season.

Really? I would think we'd strongly dislike the Lakers so much that you would want anyone to beat them?

What would happen if Miami and Cleveland worked out a sign-and-trade like we did with Chicago? Would that make you feel better? ;)

Browsing the losing teams' realgm boards is too much fun right now.....

I like the move because I like watching Lebron, but didn't really want to watch him because I absolutely hate the Cavs other players. Problem solved.

Well, he officially couldn't handle the pressure about being "the only star" in his team. If Miami can't win the title, LBJ won't take the full responsibility of this. If they win, will it be about James? or the big three? We're gonna see that. But LBJ can't be a Jordan or Kobe anymore. He's gonna win rings but in my opinion, He's just destroyed himself. He failed...

Lebron looked really sad when they showed his jersey being burned in Cleveland. That would hurt if they home you gave so much to turned on you like that. I imagine Malone felt much the same way when he left. I guess that's the price you pay when you leave for greener pastures.

Yet, you can't blame the guy. They were swept in the Finals, lost in the playoffs even after having two 60 win seasons in a row. It hasn't been easy for Cleveland to make moves, so I don't know if Lebron can blame them too much. Not everyone can attract free agents like tax-free Florida and Hollywood Lakers and Big City New York/Chicago.

So, has Eric Spoelstra decided to spend more time with his family yet, forcing Pat Riley to reluctantly become head coach again?

So, has Eric Spoelstra decided to spend more time with his family yet, forcing Pat Riley to reluctantly become head coach again?

lol, that was a good one :cool:

actually, only a Pat Riley-calibre headcoach can stick this Miami team together. that wouldn't be a surprise to me...

I doubt it. Lebron did say that Spoelstra would be the coach. Although, he did mention that even though he's the coach that he still had Riley as a resource.

To paraphrase, he said "Riley has seen it all: The ups, the downs, everything." This sounds like the propaganda that Wade and the Heat sold him on.

Makes sense but I also would not be surprised if he's not there for too long. Then again, maybe he will out of a sense of "loyalty Karma" that Lebron wants to restore. ;)

Utah ain't miami, it aint about championships...would lebron have stayed if wade and bosh joined them? yes, but no way in hell would bosh and wade want to play in cleveland, LOL. How would players feel about Utah, we have to move the team!

I love it how the Cleveland owner is constantly the "victim."

Boozer "robbed" him.

Now Lebron "betrayed" him.

If Lebron had blown out his knee and was told that he'd be only a shadow of the player he used to be, I guarantee you that the Cleveland owner wouldn't think twice of dumping Lebron for a better option.

This is a business.

Cleveland as a city sucks, and has sucked forever. It's not Lebron's fault. Maybe they should stop living off welfare. Stop wasting money on Lebron jerseys (then burning them) and start a business. Get a job.

Cleveland as a franchise sucks, they've screwed up how many times in only the last decade? Mo Williams, Delonte West, Gibson, WallyWorld, Sasha Pavlovic, etc are all average at best players. They screwed up with Boozer. Brought over a washed up Shaq. And didn't pull the trigger on Amare.
It's their fault they haven't surrounded Lebron with a championship team. It's their fault that their coach installed the most conservative and boring offense in the history of the NBA.

It's their fault that Lebron didn't find Cleveland a place that he could win a championship.

If fans want to be angry at anyone, why be mad at Lebron? Be mad at your own franchises.

If the Jazz lose out on Deron in a few years, we have only ourselves and the boringness of our city/state to blame. If he wants the nightlife of Chicago, LA, or Miami, then go there. If you feel this management cannot get you what you want, then leave. It's the same in any employment, whether you're a simple taco maker at Taco Bell or professional basketball player, Lebron James.

Anyone else in Lebron's shoes wouldn't have returned to Cleveland. If I were him I probably would have gone to Chicago.... But we should stop blaming these players and get to the root of these problems, incompetent managers/owners.