What's new

My apologies to Trey Lyles

Exum/Trey/Neto
Hood/Burks/Johnson
Hayward/Ingles
Favors/Lyles
Gobert/Withey/Pleiss

I'm actually a little fine with our PG rotation. I'm curious to see what we have with Dante.

The question now becomes if Hopd/Hayward/Burks is the wing rotation we want to roll with for the long-term. Offensively, it looks good. Defensively? Maybe. Who knows. The big rotation is set, and the Pg rotation deserves some run before we change it

We needed spacing at the 4/5 in the absolute worst of ways. It makes a ton of sense why the Jazz went after Lyles.

Shooting at the 2 or 3 can be found. A versatile stretch-PF who isn't a minus-defender? They don't grow on trees.

Favors/Rudy/Lyles are our Gasol/Bynum/Odom
Yep, I understand the reasoning for Lyles, and if he can keep knocking down these corner 3s, then we really found a key piece. But I still think there's a chance Booker goes down as the better player overall. Time will tell. I'm good with the Lyles pick at the moment.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I'm gonna mix up words just for Colt.
I wonder what affect it wood have on him other then simple corrections. Maybe heel just except it. I hope ewe illicit a response. Passed experience Leeds me to believe his response will be eminent. Bee sure two lettuce no the results.

Last edited:
I think we still need a lights out shooter on the perimeter. I thought Hood could be that guy, but I have my doubts now. We'll see what his % looks like at the end of the season before coming to any conclusions. But either way, I don't think you can have too much 3 point shooting in today's NBA.

I think we still need a lights out shooter on the perimeter. I thought Hood could be that guy, but I have my doubts now. We'll see what his % looks like at the end of the season before coming to any conclusions. But either way, I don't think you can have too much 3 point shooting in today's NBA.

We can use one at the point. Maybe Exum will become a sharpshooter given he's had a year to work on his shot.

We can use one at the point. Maybe Exum will become a sharpshooter given he's had a year to work on his shot.
I think he'll be decent from 3 (he was a little better as a rookie than I expected), but I don't really ever expect him to become a 40% shooter from deep. But who knows? Who would have ever guessed that Leonard would be leading the NBA in 3 point %?

I think he'll be decent from 3 (he was a little better as a rookie than I expected), but I don't really ever expect him to become a 40% shooter from deep. But who knows? Who would have ever guessed that Leonard would be leading the NBA in 3 point %?

Not me

There are dos Treys coming on strong this year. Is there another Trey available anywhere? It would be sort of cool to have trey Treys.

Trey Thompkins who was drafted a few years ago from Georgia is playing overseas for Real Madrid.

They won't be draft eligible for a few years, The top-3 PG's in the class of 2017 are Trevon(Trey for short), Trae and Troy, they all look like NBA Material. Then there's Tyus Jones little brother the following year - Tre Jones

What a bonus he is becoming this season. I had no real opinion when he was drafted, trusted DL, but I sure did not expect this kind of performance this season. And he is such a different big for us, can hit the 3 and put the ball on the floor. He looks like another solid, very solid, piece.

Question: assuming he can keep this up (over time), is he a better fit with Gobert than Favors? He plays outside while Gobert is inside. Could he make Favors expendable/tradeable?
Underestimating the importance of Favors. Gobert got exposed the past few games without Derrick in the lineup, Sure, he dominated against the dumpster fire that has become the Lakers. But Rudy's effect can be minimized when he's the only great defender in the frontcourt. Force him to step out or drive into his chest and then pass it behind him. Favors provides the backstop for Rudy and vice versa. It's not like Batman and Robin; it's more like 1+1=3. Lyles isn't anywhere near Favors' level right now. But he's shown we can count on him for quality minutes and a starter in case of injury. Lyles will take Booker's spot. And he allows Quin some flexibility in keeping a Gobert/Withey "big" rotation at the 5. Or sliding Favors over when Gobert rests and giving more minutes to Trey.

Happy Hour
At the
Crow Bar

I'd have a meal, please! Good for Lyles that he's taking advantage of the chance he's getting in the absence of Favors. His progression this season has been what I expected from Dante last year. Still more to be desired on D, but I'd be lying if I said I expected him to be this good this early(or ever).

I know he was doing weight reducing treadmill, but I wonder when he'll actually be cleared for jumpshooting. His in game timing will be rusty, definitely a bad time in an early career for injury, especially when he was finally bulding confidence. If anything I think he'll regress a bit in the short term.

You know, Trey moves like a SG but he has mad booty to throw around. That's a good thing.

You are treying too hard.

Q0LitEf.gif