What's new

My favorite thing about Gobert.. What's yours?

hawkeye

Is the fact that he is still so raw in his game. CLEARLY there are flashes of superstardom, and clearly he looks like our defensive anchor for the next decade. A second year, raw, steal of a trade is leading us to the promised land. Rudy is looking like the defensive player of the year, and arguably the most improved player as well. Being a Jazz fan is fun again, and I'm excited, and I also don't care about how repetitive Gobert posts are.

Go Jazz
Go Gobert
Go Jazzfanz

life is good.

the way he says, hoody gobhair.

his idgaf attitude, with the salute was pretty awesome

I like the fact that he is a true Center. Not some soft Big Man with range. He plays defense, and scores off power plays down low. No ********. Hes a grinder.

The fact that no matter where he is on the floor the other team is looking for him when they drive. He changes games and doesn't even have to make the play.

hodor hodor

His intensity. Teammates work harder on defense because they HAVE to. Otherwise, Rudy would chew them out. I do agree, hawkeye, that it's fun to see him develop from being so raw. I was downright giddy when he made that eurostep move several games ago. Then my jaw dropped when all he needed was one dribble to get to the basket from near the 3PT line. Seems like he just keeps coming up with amazing new things all the time. I'm not going to be surprised if he starts making 3's next season.

Simply put, Gobert's defense and his intensity coupled with Quin Snyder's direction has given Utah an IDENTITY. We are a defense oriented team, embrace the change!

Go go gobert arms!!

Off the top of my head:
-

His blocks
His attitude
His dunks
His accent
His passing ability
He's from France
The fear he strikes into his opponents
His steals
His boyish good looks
His assists
His sense of humor
He's pretty tall
His nicknames
He's a badass
He plays for Utah
His rookie contract
His tweets
His determination
The chip on his shoulder
He wears 27 to remind everyone
His presence
Stole him from Denver
He's not Kanter
His influence on his teammates
His wing span
He's a winner
-
*Not necessarily in that order

He is some kind of monster-beast hybrid from outer space or something. I can't wait for his quadruple doubles to start. When will he post a 15 pt, 20 reb. 12 block, 10 assist (or steal) game first? Probably next season. GO GO GOBERT!!

Reactions: MVP
He is a true rim protector - not just a guy who gets a lot of blocks by jumping out of position at every opportunity to pad his stats.

His intensity. Teammates work harder on defense because they HAVE to. Otherwise, Rudy would chew them out. I do agree, hawkeye, that it's fun to see him develop from being so raw. I was downright giddy when he made that eurostep move several games ago. Then my jaw dropped when all he needed was one dribble to get to the basket from near the 3PT line. Seems like he just keeps coming up with amazing new things all the time. I'm not going to be surprised if he starts making 3's next season.

Like he powered around Gasol last night for that basket. Gasol was pissed to. He can see the writing on the wall. They all can.

All I want to know is when did the Grizz do a cheer till the end of the season when they don't have to fear Utah.

My favorite thing is that utah has him basically under contract for the next seven years. We have to give him that five year extension.

My favorite thing is that utah has him basically under contract for the next seven years. We have to give him that five year extension.

If he continues this level of play and growth you give him that 5 year max and what ever else he wants. When Gobert asks for DLs wife and daughter DL better respond with "what time should I have them delivered and what do you want them to wear?

I have never noticed a player change the other team's offense this much. First quarter they try to take it inside and get swatted. After that they drive toward the lane with one thought: "where do I pass it out to?". I have seen guys wide open 10 feet out not even thinking of shooting.