What's new

My favorite thing about Gobert.. What's yours?

I have never noticed a player change the other team's offense this much. First quarter they try to take it inside and get swatted. After that they drive toward the lane with one thought: "where do I pass it out to?". I have seen guys wide open 10 feet out not even thinking of shooting.

Gobert created this culture and players like Favors, Exum and Millsap are dramatically improving it. Exum and Millsap hound people on the perimeter. When a player beats them they then have to get past Favors or Gobert. If they do that you can see the defeat in their eyes when they still have either Favors or Gobert to get by with 0 room to move.

Rudy has officially killed the tank. The best thing is that a player of his caliber could reel in quality free agents, it's time to go all in.

Rudy has officially killed the tank. The best thing is that a player of his caliber could reel in quality free agents, it's time to go all in.

I agree with this. I would think that if the Jazz keep up this level of play and D (I think they will) then Utah would be a very attractive place for players to come. A young, hungry up and coming team, loaded with talent, a good coach and staff and elite D. Sounds like a winner to me. Especially if DL throws a bunch of money at them.

Remember when D-Will was here and we were awesome and we lured top FA such as Raja Bell? Yeah, Utah is never going to be a top FA destination and I don't think Rudy will make that big of a difference unless we are clear cut Championship favorites. Maybe we can get Batum doe.

I like that he took what Karl Malone taught him and is using it. That mean streak. I remember when he came into the league wearing that full body suit under his jersey. And Malone told him to take that **** off. That he is a marked man with that on. Be a man. Man up. And he listened. We haven't had a player like this since Karl.

Here is an example of what I love about Rudy: Go look at his tweet after last nights game. He is pissed he was not a top 5 defensive player according to ESPN. Just dropped 15 & 24 while out playing a top 3 center in the league on the way to a Jazz win while holding the #2 in the West to 82 points on their home court and he isn't satisfied. He isn't even close to satisfied.

Here is an example of what I love about Rudy: Go look at his tweet after last nights game. He is pissed he was not a top 5 defensive player according to ESPN. Just dropped 15 & 24 while out playing a top 3 center in the league on the way to a Jazz win while holding the #2 in the West to 82 points on their home court and he isn't satisfied. He isn't even close to satisfied.

I don't think he will ever be satisfied unless he holds a team to 0% shooting and 0 points in the game. Even then I don't know..

I don't think he will ever be satisfied unless he holds a team to 0% shooting and 0 points in the game. Even then I don't know..

And as long as he uses that anger and disatisfaction to better himself and his team am all for it.

Burn it all down Gobert.

Remember when D-Will was here and we were awesome and we lured top FA such as Raja Bell? Yeah, Utah is never going to be a top FA destination and I don't think Rudy will make that big of a difference unless we are clear cut Championship favorites. Maybe we can get Batum doe.

D-Will is also a dick, so there's that

His attitude is awesome. Finding a guy with elite physical tools like that who is hungry and wants to improve is very rare. Usually guys with those tools had everything come to them so easy they felt no need to improve (plus there is some natural drive to improve in general that people have or don't), or guys with that drive have that drive because they lack the physical tools to be great.

This says it all...

141014010650-rudy-gobert-101314.story-body.jpg

+ my avatar.

The fact that I think his his impact on defense alone is just as good as someone on offense putting up 20+ points a night.

My favorite thing about Gobert is the giant leap he took from last year to this. He was super raw on both sides of the ball this year, now he looks like DPOY. And what fueled that leap is his desire to be better. He is probably the hardest working guy on our team. I wouldnt be shocked in the least if his offensive game improved and he put up towards 15 a game.

My favorite thing about Gobert is the giant leap he took from last year to this. He was super raw on both sides of the ball this year, now he looks like DPOY. And what fueled that leap is his desire to be better. He is probably the hardest working guy on our team. I wouldnt be shocked in the least if his offensive game improved and he put up towards 15 a game.
His goal was to be a starter and one of the top defensive bigs in the NBA.

My hope is that next year his goal is to become one of the top offensive bigs in the game as well.

His goal was to be a starter and one of the top defensive bigs in the NBA.

My hope is that next year his goal is to become one of the top offensive bigs in the game as well.

I'm not 100% sure he has the talent to do it, but hell, I'm 100% sure he has the work ethic to do it.

Another favorite thing...he's making the Jazz fun to watch. I look forward to Jazz games now, even though they are a long shot at best to make the playoffs this year. Last year at this time I didn't even watch some games, something I've never done in the past 10 years. That's how bad it was last year. This year Gobert (and not just him by any means, but he's probably the player I look forward to the most watching) has changed that. Him and the rest of the guys on defense. I actually look forward to seeing how many times they can hold a team to 20 or less points a game. It happens a lot lately.