What's new

My thoughts on changes that need to be made to our lineup

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

Burke. Exum
Hayward. Burks
Hood. Ingles
Booker. Kanter
Favors. Gobert

I think this is a more balanced lineup. Adds a little more defense to our starting lineup, and speed, and with our second unit lacking any real fire power on offense. Burks might thrive in his old role as 6th man along with Kanter. Also I'd like to see Ingles play in the role as a stretch 4. I think he's too slow to be on the wing

Thoughts?

Burks has to start. We signed him to a big contract to be a starter. If it isn't working by All-Star break I would change him into the 6th man. No other wing player is playing well enough to really become a starter either.

Booker in place of Kanter should happen ASAP though.

We sub-out Hayward too early too. Also don't like him playing the entire 2nd/4th quarter.

Burke. Exum
Hayward. Burks
Hood. Ingles
Booker. Kanter
Favors. Gobert

I think this is a more balanced lineup. Adds a little more defense to our starting lineup, and speed, and with our second unit lacking any real fire power on offense. Burks might thrive in his old role as 6th man along with Kanter. Also I'd like to see Ingles play in the role as a stretch 4. I think he's too slow to be on the wing

Thoughts?

Good spelling.

Also, was way more tame than I thought it would be when I saw the title and author.

Disappointed. Was hoping to witness a complete collapse.

I like:

Exum
Hood
Hayward
Favors
Gobert

Start the game out with the intention of frustrating the other team with stops. So many good options with the rotations if we start out with this imo.

I like:

Exum
Hood
Hayward
Favors
Gobert

Start the game out with the intention of frustrating the other team with stops. So many good options with the rotations if we start out with this imo.

Our defensive rotations still suck with this lineup. Favors guarding on the perimeter is worrisome. Favors (or anyone on our team) is going to be hard pressed to score in the paint with a Favors/Gobert lineup especially with teams being able to sag of off Exum.

This lineup would have to be extremely good defensively to work, like near elite level, which I don't think it would.

The Jazz can withstand one mediocre defender on the floor, but with two, there are too many holes in our defense. So either you start Burke or you start Kanter, but not both. That said, Booker is mixed as a defender too, but it depends on what you want to give up--the PG getting into the lane or some big posting up Booker.

I do think that Kanter can be more effective offensively, and likely defensively too, playing with the second unit. I would also start taking trade calls for both Burke and Kanter and see if anyone actually calls.

The Washington Wizards are my new destination for Kanter to play. They're wearing out Nene and Gortat and need a compelling back-up big who isn't Kris Humphries.

Good spelling.

Also, was way more tame than I thought it would be when I saw the title and author.

Disappointed. Was hoping to witness a complete collapse.

Lol. Saw that you quoted my post, and became nervous.

I had time to cool down. Should've seen me during the game. Next time I'll try to post my ideas during the game to accommodate you PKM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jazz can withstand one mediocre defender on the floor, but with two, there are too many holes in our defense. So either you start Burke or you start Kanter, but not both. That said, Booker is mixed as a defender too, but it depends on what you want to give up--the PG getting into the lane or some big posting up Booker.

I do think that Kanter can be more effective offensively, and likely defensively too, playing with the second unit. I would also start taking trade calls for both Burke and Kanter and see if anyone actually calls.

I'm taking trade calls for everyone not named Hayward at this point.

Honestly, I love Gobert, but I think his value for the Jazz may end up being his value as a trade chip. I think we could package him and Burke, along with a future 1st rounder to get another legit starter. Not saying we need to do it this year, but by Gobert/Burke 3rd year (unless Gobert/Favors show ability to play together, then I would change my mind on that idea).

Lol. Saw that you quoted my post, and became nervous.

I had time to cool down. Should've seen me during the game. Next time I'll try to post my ideas during the game to accommodate you PKM.

Please do. It should be far more entertaining than the game itself.

I like:

Exum
Hood
Hayward
Favors
Gobert

Gobert is a nice player, but not ready to start. I've said this before, but Gonert isn't starting material till he learns to hold onto the ball on offense and a reliable offensive move

Gobert has no offense. When he has the ball it slows the game to a crawl, unless he's right on the hoop dunking. Gobert is a one-way player right now.

Burks has to start. We signed him to a big contract to be a starter. If it isn't working by All-Star break I would change him into the 6th man. No other wing player is playing well enough to really become a starter either.

Booker in place of Kanter should happen ASAP though.

We sub-out Hayward too early too. Also don't like him playing the entire 2nd/4th quarter.

I think the problem with Burks is that he is trying to be a good team mate and run the system... But the system is still new and shaky... Would love to see Quinn let Burks run some more Iso when Hayward comes out in the first and third Quaters!!!

Please do. It should be far more entertaining than the game itself.

Never thought of myself as entertaining, but I guess anything is more entertaining then mind numbing low iq b-ball we always see in the first half. Also have some things about QS that pisses me off I'll go off on in a stupor of a blind rage to make it more stimulating for jazzfanz.

I think the problem with Burks is that he is trying to be a good team mate and run the system... But the system is still new and shaky... Would love to see Quinn let Burks run some more Iso when Hayward comes out in the first and third Quaters!!!

L
M
A
O

Never thought of myself as entertaining, but I guess anything is more entertaining then mind numbing low iq b-ball we always see in the first half. Also have some things about QS that pisses me off I'll go off on in a stupor of a blind rage to make it more stimulating for jazzfanz.

You're a good man.