What's new

Nate505 makes the cut...

Nate: ignore everyone that's telling you that it's a given you'll be hit with a massive fine years down the line for the ticket. They don't know what they're talking about.

The issue is a lot more complicated than they're making it out to be and if it's been a year and no one has sent a process server to make you sign that you actually got the ticket you're probably fine. In most states (not sure about CO, but I know this is true in AZ and CA as well as a number of other states that follow CA and NY precedent on the issue) you haven't been validly served if they merely send you a robo-ticket in the mail and no one has made an effort to determine they accused the correct person.

Furthermore if it has been more than a year, it appears that the CO statute of limitations for your offense has already expired.

https://www.ehow.com/list_6119057_statute-limitations-traffic-tickets-colorado.html

This is not some inevitable thing that is going to bite you in the end. If you haven't heard about it in the intervening year and it's not already on your credit report then you'll probably never hear about it again.

Right there with you Patrick. I was 23k in the whole and will be done paying my consolidation loan this coming March. I am going to ****ing celebrate like a mother ****er. As much as I love my parents, they never talked to me about anything financial. We since touched on the subject and I dont blame them. I learned the hard way and if I ever have any kids, I will wholeheartedly sit them down and talk to them about the pitfalls of consumer debt.

I was lucky in that regard. My parents and grandparents always preached about paying bills and not going into debt. Needless to say, my credit is sparkling. I am glad you and KEK are already out of major debt or very close. I would celebrate too.

I was lucky in that regard. My parents and grandparents always preached about paying bills and not going into debt. Needless to say, my credit is sparkling. I am glad you and KEK are already out of major debt or very close. I would celebrate too.

Well dont get me wrong. When I turned 16, my Mom took me to the local bank and had me open a checking account. She then taught me how to balance my checking account...which I think is incredibly invaluable...especially today. The pitfalls of the CC and easy money got me.

But with that experience, I am a better person for it. Ive learned a lot and any time I can help others in this regard I do so.

Right there with you Patrick. I was 23k in the whole and will be done paying my consolidation loan this coming March. I am going to ****ing celebrate like a mother ****er. As much as I love my parents, they never talked to me about anything financial. We since touched on the subject and I dont blame them. I learned the hard way and if I ever have any kids, I will wholeheartedly sit them down and talk to them about the pitfalls of consumer debt.

*hole

Yes, if this is reported this could give my credit rating a hit. So could the number of loans I have out, my debt to credit ratio on my credit cards, a company that took me to collections because they changed a credit card that was maxed out and didn't get their money, an urgent care clinic who wanted to charge me $200 for a fee that my insurance company decided to deny as a company policy a week before I went into the clinic and wouldn't negotiate with me to pay it in full, and a whole bunch of other things.

I'm quite sure I know every inch of my credit report and the negatives and positives on it, and what each action and subsequent action will bring. I also know that if I don't get a higher paying job soon to deal with some of the debt that bankruptcy becomes the regrettable but most prudent course of action.

When the moderator checks start rolling in you should be sitting pretty, right?

Well dont get me wrong. When I turned 16, my Mom took me to the local bank and had me open a checking account. She then taught me how to balance my checking account...which I think is incredibly invaluable...especially today. The pitfalls of the CC and easy money got me.

But with that experience, I am a better person for it. Ive learned a lot and any time I can help others in this regard I do so.

I can see how it happens honestly. People that age are bombarded with credit card offers because the credit card companies know that at that age we are more likely to throw caution to the wind and spend. I am now 26 and still get mailers from credit card companies on a daily basis. My worst fear is that someone will steal my identity someday and destroy my credit score. I guess I better get lifelock.

I can see how it happens honestly. People that age are bombarded with credit card offers because the credit card companies know that at that age we are more likely to throw caution to the wind and spend. I am now 26 and still get mailers from credit card companies on a daily basis. My worst fear is that someone will steal my identity someday and destroy my credit score. I guess I better get lifelock.

www.optoutprescreen.com - Stops unwanted pre-approved credit card solicitations.

You're welcome.