What's new

NBA awards

Joe gonna steal this from Jordan. I'd be happy with either one but I think Joe is getting an unfair bump as he has been starting so many games lately.

Joe's 33 and Clarkson's 28. This is likely Joes last shot at the award so I hope he gets it. Jordan still has loads of time to win.

I'm pretty surprised to see Joe at the top. I think he deserves it more than Clarkson but it's close and I didn't think the voters would look at much more than points. I think Clarkson hurt his chances a lot with a slew of really bad volume shooting games. I would love them too be #1 and #2 though. Has that ever happened?

Looks like Rudy will be DPOY and All-NBA 3rd team. Kind of surprised Ingles is ahead of Clarkson. Haven’t heard much media push for him to be 6MOY.

Feel bad for Mitchell he was on track to be on one of the All-NBA Teams.

No votes for Quin so far not even 2nd or 3rd place. Kind of shocking.

I'm pretty surprised to see Joe at the top. I think he deserves it more than Clarkson but it's close and I didn't think the voters would look at much more than points. I think Clarkson hurt his chances a lot with a slew of really bad volume shooting games. I would love them too be #1 and #2 though. Has that ever happened?

Not that I can recall off the top of my head. The closest thing would be when Lou Williams won and Montrezl Harrell was 3rd. Then same thing happened with those two but in reverse. Don’t ever remember 1-2 being on the same team.

Last edited:
Think Williams or Thibs wil win COTY. Im surprised by the narrative around Joe for 6moy but its real, people been talking about it on the athletic podcasts for a couple of months.

Rudy will walk away with DPOY.

And yeah Randle and Jokic seems right.

When absolutely no one picks you to be first in your conference but then you're #1 in the NBA when all is said and done, I think that credit, as far as awards are concerned, goes to the coach. I mean people looked at your players and said "yeah not bad, probably middle of the pack this year" but you finish 1st, that should be a pretty obvious COTY pick.

Last edited:
When absolutely no one picks you to be first in your conference but then you're #1 in the NBA when all is said and done, I think that credit, as far as awards are concerned, goes to the coach. I mean people looked at you players and said "yeah not bad, probably middle of the pack this year" but you finish 1st, that should be a pretty obvious COTY pick.

I thought we'd finish 2nd or 3rd to be honest.

Yeah. I’d like to see it go to Jordan but want Joe to be the runner up.
Joe has been so impactful in all aspects of the game, and his shooting %s have been awesome. The stats and results show this in almost every aspect. As a fan of good basketball, I hope Joe gets it.

Jordan has been good, but largely in as a one dimensional player and he has been inconsistent. If the narrative stands that the top bench scorer gets the award, give it to Jordan.

When absolutely no one picks you to be first in your conference but then you're #1 in the NBA when all is said and done, I think that credit, as far as awards are concerned, goes to the coach. I mean people looked at your players and said "yeah not bad, probably middle of the pack this year" but you finish 1st, that should be a pretty obvious COTY pick.
The snubs are very reminiscent of that 60-win Hawks team.

“On four occasions, the Defensive Player of the Year recipient was not voted to the NBA All-Defensive First Team in the same year. Robertson in 1986, Mutombo (1995), Tyson Chandler (2012), and Marc Gasol (2013) were instead named to the second team. Whereas the Defensive Player of the Year is voted on by the media, the All-Defensive teams were voted on by NBA coaches prior to 2014.”

Award season is full of so many laughs. It seems to be the time when the league openly mocks itself.

The disrespect to Snyder, Donovan and Clarkson is shameful. The Jazz have the best record for crying out loud.

MVP - don't care
DPOY - better be Rudy
MIP - should be Randle
6th Man - should be a Jazz player
ROY - don't care
Coach - Quin or Thibs

Rudy should be 1st team All NBA. That position based system is stupid.

Mitchell should be 3rd team All NBA. Only very small silver lining if he misses is that his contract number doesn't inflate as much.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app