What's new

NBA awards

MVP - don't care
DPOY - better be Rudy
MIP - should be Randle
6th Man - should be a Jazz player
ROY - don't care
Coach - Quin or Thibs

Rudy should be 1st team All NBA. That position based system is stupid.

Mitchell should be 3rd team All NBA. Only very small silver lining if he misses is that his contract number doesn't inflate as much.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
The difference in Mitchell’s contract is actually massive. The Jazz are going to be in or near the tax every year, and that salary would single-handedly cost a legit rotation player and could be the difference between the LT and not. Do not kid yourself that someone as obsessed with wealth to amass a billion dollars suddenly doesn’t care about money.

The difference in Mitchell’s contract is actually massive. The Jazz are going to be in or near the tax every year, and that salary would single-handedly cost a legit rotation player and could be the difference between the LT and not. Do not kid yourself that someone as obsessed with wealth to amass a billion dollars suddenly doesn’t care about money.
I guess I would rather have Don respected than somebody like Kyrie. To me, we should care more about respect given than worrying about the bottom line.

With more respect comes better treatment comes a better chance. We might only win the title if they call Don like they do the other stars in the postseason. When things get tight and the ball isn't falling, we need a level playing field with opposing superstars.

Would that happen if he does or doesn't make an All NBA team this year? Not sure. Respect is earned over time and any bit helps. I'm not worried about the bottom line as much since we are miles over the luxury for the foreseeable future anyway.

I guess I would rather have Don respected than somebody like Kyrie. To me, we should care more about respect given than worrying about the bottom line.

With more respect comes better treatment comes a better chance. We might only win the title if they call Don like they do the other stars in the postseason. When things get tight and the ball isn't falling, we need a level playing field with opposing superstars.

Would that happen if he does or doesn't make an All NBA team this year? Not sure. Respect is earned over time and any bit helps. I'm not worried about the bottom line as much since we are miles over the luxury for the foreseeable future anyway.

Being more over means the situation is worse, not better. That’s the entire point.

Just a quick attempt at putting this into perspective, the Jazz would be paying $12 million extra per year AT MINIMUM from that bonus being in the tax, and that is basically what Clarkson is paid.

A guy tracks votes for NBA awards in real time. Some voters have announced their choices.

right now,
MVP : Jokic
DPOY: Gobert
MIP: Randle
ROY: Ball
6MAN: Ingles
Coach: Williams

Thanks for this!

But just a caution: it looks like less than 10% of eligible votes are tracked so far in this. And most of those who are tracked seem like (for lack of a better description) those who would be prone to vote for Ingles over Clarkson (these voters likely are less likely to go with the early season narratives and are more likely to value advanced stats over counting numbers).

Not predicting anything in particular, but there could still be big changes once all the voting is taken into account.

I hope Rudy gets some MVP votes, he deserves them. Also no brainer DPOY and to me 2nd team All-NBA over Embiid.

Quin would probably be my 2nd/3rd pick for COY. I don't follow ho plays off the bench well enough to pick a 6th man. Jokic probably MVP. Not sure on ROY. Randle seems like a strong MIP. Don't think Don gets an All-NBA spot this season.

Rudy will get DPOY which he should. **** Ben Simmons.

6th man could be very close - Clarkson was your 1st half MVP, Ingles was your 2nd. I think Clarkson will end up eeking it out but will happy either way.

I don't have a problem with Mitchell not making All-NBA - I think he would have made the 3rd team had he not sprained his ankle, but I always hate when guys make teams but miss a ton of time. Missing 15% of the season is big IMO so I won't whine about not getting someone there. Rudy's a shoo-in for 3rd team.

Snyder has done a phenomenal job, but Thibs deserves a ton of credit for taking a team that's completely suck and doing something with it. Monty Williams also deserves some applause though Chris Paul is really the one for PHX's turnaround. It's a subjective award but think the east coast writers will give it to Thibs.

Rudy will get DPOY which he should. **** Ben Simmons.

6th man could be very close - Clarkson was your 1st half MVP, Ingles was your 2nd. I think Clarkson will end up eeking it out but will happy either way.

I don't have a problem with Mitchell not making All-NBA - I think he would have made the 3rd team had he not sprained his ankle, but I always hate when guys make teams but miss a ton of time. Missing 15% of the season is big IMO so I won't whine about not getting someone there. Rudy's a shoo-in for 3rd team.

Snyder has done a phenomenal job, but Thibs deserves a ton of credit for taking a team that's completely suck and doing something with it. Monty Williams also deserves some applause though Chris Paul is really the one for PHX's turnaround. It's a subjective award but think the east coast writers will give it to Thibs.
This

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

When absolutely no one picks you to be first in your conference but then you're #1 in the NBA when all is said and done, I think that credit, as far as awards are concerned, goes to the coach. I mean people looked at your players and said "yeah not bad, probably middle of the pack this year" but you finish 1st, that should be a pretty obvious COTY pick.
I agree 100 percent. it seems like the voters for the COY always find a way to discount the Jazz Coach. I mean Jerry never won the award even when the Jazz had the best record. Then Jerry does the one of the greatest coaching jobs ever with the team where he won 42 games with a bunch of scrubs basically. So what is it? Quin deserves it as much as anyone does, not saying that other coaches have good cases too but not to have his name in the top 3 is a joke.

I think DM injury sealed his chances of making ALL NBA. Rudy deserves the DPOY but he gets pushed down to 3rd team All NBA because his lack of offensive ability. If he developed his offense more he would have a chance for second and maybe first someday.

I think DM injury sealed his chances of making ALL NBA. Rudy deserves the DPOY but he gets pushed down to 3rd team All NBA because his lack of offensive ability. If he developed his offense more he would have a chance for second and maybe first someday.
Always going to be a tall order with Jokic and Embiid there. Rudy is never going to be an offensive gem or have the range of those guys.

And that's okay - Rudy is what he is and that's gotten us this far.

Always going to be a tall order with Jokic and Embiid there. Rudy is never going to be an offensive gem or have the range of those guys.

And that's okay - Rudy is what he is and that's gotten us this far.
Rudy is what he is - arguably the most impactful defender of all time.

LMAO at Jazz fans on twitter arguing about Ingles and Clarkson. Who care which one wins? They're both our guys and we should just be happy for whichever one wins the award. I just think it's awesome that we have the two best bench players in the entire NBA on our team.