What's new

NBA awards

If bogey can play strong like he has lately without drop off of the other players then they have a great shot at a title. So impressed with him of late. I still worry about his defense late in games. Power forwards expose him.

I also have yet to hear of a practical way to stop the Lakers. Can we stop a team that is that much bigger than us? Our back court is tiny.
Gotta hit threes if we face the Lakers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

If bogey can play strong like he has lately without drop off of the other players then they have a great shot at a title. So impressed with him of late. I still worry about his defense late in games. Power forwards expose him.

I also have yet to hear of a practical way to stop the Lakers. Can we stop a team that is that much bigger than us? Our back court is tiny.

I worry a little bit about what happens with Bogey now that Conley and Mitchell will both be back and his usage and touches will go down a lot. Will he be able to find his rhythm with fewer shot attempts? I also have the same concern with Joe, is he going to be able to get enough shot attempts to find a rhythm?

Rudy has 22 out of the 22 confirmed votes for DPOY so far. Would be absolutely awesome if he was the first unanimous DPOY ever. Although I suspect someone who covers the 76ers may vote for Simmons.
You have to love it when people who are over the top at self promoting crash and burn. It would be great to see a Rudy sweep and Simmons end up with zero first place votes.

I worry a little bit about what happens with Bogey now that Conley and Mitchell will both be back and his usage and touches will go down a lot. Will he be able to find his rhythm with fewer shot attempts? I also have the same concern with Joe, is he going to be able to get enough shot attempts to find a rhythm?
Joe was thriving and insanely efficient when he was playing fewer minutes. I think this is actually the greatest benefit to having a healthy roster.

I think Bogey will be fine. I think adjusting to the new play was tough early on since he was adjusting mentally and physically to the injury recovery.

Lastly, I hope Donovan takes it easy in the first couple of games back and does his best to be an efficient decoy instead of immediately trying to carry an offense that doesn't need carrying.

So it looks like Joe and Jordan are in something of a dead heat now. How are 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place weighed? Joe now has 11 1st place votes to Clarkson's 9, yet Clarkson has 7 2nd place votes and 2 3rd place votes to Joe's 3 2nd place votes and 1 3rd place vote.

And Joe
Conley
Mitchell
Bogey
Joe
Jordan
Niang
And even Royce is a decent 3 ball shooter.

That's a lot of lethal 3 point snipers

Hell it says a ton for our depth that we have both of the leading 6th MOY candidates on our team, and 3 all stars starting. And the DPOY. Can't remember that ever happening on one squad. Crazy.

The teammates effect. I'm worried Jingles and JC may create a vote split between the two and ultimately benefits D.Rose. Whoever voted for JC might not have Jingles in their final three ballot at all and vice versa. Simply because you can't have two "sixth man" on one team. As a result, D.Rose might collect most points off of second place votes and win it all.

The teammates effect. I'm worried Jingles and JC may create a vote split between the two and ultimately benefits D.Rose. Whoever voted for JC might not have Jingles in their final three ballot at all and vice versa. Simply because you can't have two "sixth man" on one team. As a result, D.Rose might collect most points off of second place votes and win it all.
What? I don't think that's how this works at all nor is this a close contest after 1 and 2, but someone more knowledgable should lmk.

Gotta hit threes if we face the Lakers

Really 2 keys for us to beat the Lakers, because shots will fall and we'll have a game or 2 when they kind of don't. So the keys are 1) DON'T THROW THE ****ING BALL AWAY FOR NOTHING!! Live-ball turnovers will be the end. And 2) actually be consistent on defense. None of this oh we can let them run up a 15-point lead and throw in some defense to win it in the 4th quarter. That worked during the regular season against lesser opponents, but it will spell a Lakers sweep if we can't show consistency on defense.

Those are the keys. I'm not worried about our shooting, we know that it will regress to the mean, so even the occasional bad game will be balanced out by other stellar games, but if we throw the ball away, and get lazy on defense as we tend to do, then it will be a quick out for us against the Lakers.

Unbiased picks:

Most Improved Player - Julius Randle
6th Man - D. Rose
Coach Of The Year - Thibs

Rookie Of The Year - I.Q. Immanuel Quickly
Defensive Player Of Year - Ben Simmons (see, I am honest and I don't pick just Knicks)
Most Valuable Player - The Joker

Unbiased picks:

Most Improved Player - Julius Randle
6th Man - D. Rose
Coach Of The Year - Thibs

Rookie Of The Year - I.Q. Immanuel Quickly
Defensive Player Of Year - Ben Simmons (see, I am honest and I don't pick just Knicks)
Most Valuable Player - The Joker
James Dolan is executive of the year.

Really 2 keys for us to beat the Lakers, because shots will fall and we'll have a game or 2 when they kind of don't. So the keys are 1) DON'T THROW THE ****ING BALL AWAY FOR NOTHING!! Live-ball turnovers will be the end. And 2) actually be consistent on defense. None of this oh we can let them run up a 15-point lead and throw in some defense to win it in the 4th quarter. That worked during the regular season against lesser opponents, but it will spell a Lakers sweep if we can't show consistency on defense.

Those are the keys. I'm not worried about our shooting, we know that it will regress to the mean, so even the occasional bad game will be balanced out by other stellar games, but if we throw the ball away, and get lazy on defense as we tend to do, then it will be a quick out for us against the Lakers.
Lakers looked tired and out of synch in the play-in. I think our best chance against them is if they just don't have it this year and don't make it far enough to face us. If we get to the WCF and the Lakers are rolling we're in for a very tough series.

So it looks like Joe and Jordan are in something of a dead heat now. How are 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place weighed? Joe now has 11 1st place votes to Clarkson's 9, yet Clarkson has 7 2nd place votes and 2 3rd place votes to Joe's 3 2nd place votes and 1 3rd place vote.

5 points for 1st, 3 for 2nd and 1 for 3rd.

As of right now:

Clarkson has 68 points

Joe has 65 points