What's new

NBA awards

Lakers looked tired and out of synch in the play-in. I think our best chance against them is if they just don't have it this year and don't make it far enough to face us. If we get to the WCF and the Lakers are rolling we're in for a very tough series.
Yeah this is why I hoped they either fell to 8 or got knocked out entirely because we would have beaten them pretty soundly in this first series but meeting them in the WCF gives them time to get in sync and then gives the league extra impetus to put their thumb on the officiating scale. I just hope the sun's knock them out but I don't think so.

Uhh. Okay.

And then they do another vote?
The finalist thing is an artificial thing. The votes all happen and they take the people in 1-3 and announce them as finalists to keep suspense. The winners are known when the finalists are.

The finalist thing is an artificial thing. The votes all happen and they take the people in 1-3 and announce them as finalists to keep suspense. The winners are known when the finalists are.
It's so dumb they don't announce the results during the playoffs. Would create some good storylines.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app

It's so dumb they don't announce the results during the playoffs. Would create some good storylines.

They have their award show that you can't hold and have everyone present during the playoffs. And if you don't have them present there, it's harder to put together some kind of televised event for marketing dollars.

They have their award show that you can't hold and have everyone present during the playoffs. And if you don't have them present there, it's harder to put together some kind of televised event for marketing dollars.
Yeah. It's lame.

Have a break before the playoffs and do it then.

"TNT will announce the winner of each award during its coverage of the 2021 NBA Playoffs. Each voter’s complete ballot for each award will be posted at pr.nba.com after the announcement of all end-of-season awards."

https://www.nba.com/news/2019-20-nba-awards-voting

Clarkson wins 6th man of the year! He and Ingles are on the TNT pregame show right now and they surprised him and let Joe present him with the trophy.

Not going to lie, I watched this video like 5 times. So glad Clarkson won. He looked so genuinely happy to receive the award from Ingles. And Ingles was so happy to present the trophy to his man. Imagine this video the other way around. If Ingles had won, I don’t think he would’ve wanted it over Clarkson.

Doc should win an award for cutting Ingles. So glad he’s on the jazz and will be nice to see him on the bench where he belongs. It hasn’t been the same since he replaced DM a month ago.

Jazz need JC to play like the 6th man of the year from this point on. Joe is just a great teammate. I think what hurt Joe was he started a lot of games and JC got a lot of credit, which he deserved, when the Jazz were on their winning streaks early in the year. I think both players could have won. Glad they are on the Jazz.