What's new

NBA Finals: Spurs vs. Heat

Who gunna win this ****?

• Spurs

Votes: 28 73.7%
  • Heat

Votes: 10 26.3%

• Total voters
Yep. Bigtime idiots for not using hindsight in the draft. Hopefully, they are using hindsight for this one.

Lol.

Most of this board wanted George and Kawhi, not Hayward or Burks. It's not just hindsight. There are many on this board who weren't blinded by Jerry's ideology or KOC's stubbornness.

Honestly, ^^ those draft misses aren't nearly as bad as Kosta K00f instead of Ibaka and Batum.

To be fair, he looked really good in college. Could score, was tall, had 3pt range, rebounded well. Looked like the 2nd coming of Okur. Just sucked *** in the NBA because he had 0 confidence and never learned how to deal with NBA athleticism and size.

top dynasties

1. 60's celtics
2. MJ's bulls
3. showtime lakers
4. 50's lakers
5. shaq/kobe lakers

dynasties must win back to back and must dominate the league for long stretches. dynasties defend their title. that's very important. because it's always tougher to defend your belt. i don't even consider bad boy pistons a dynasty. they went 3 straight championships and won 2. this Heat is also not a dynasty. they went to 4 championships in a row and won 2. and one of my favorite teams bird's celtics weren't a dynasty. like spurs they couldn't put together a back to back championships.

and this is not just my view point. many basketball historians feel the same way too. but never say never. they have a chance to be a dynasty. timmy looks like he has 2-3 years left in him. manu & parker aren't done. and they have young star in kawhi. they have chance to make this much more special than this.

Why do you always have to list everything? Your schtick with the sizes is more than enough.
LOL.

We wiffed on the Finals MVP.

Those 2 drafts were brutal. Taking haywuss over George and Burks over Kawhi. Could you imagine how devastating we would be right now with Kawhi at the 3 and George at the 2?

That's why i say, DL has a lot to prove. Historically, we're really an avg/below avg run organization.

I want to see DL either move up and obtain 1 of the big 2 or stick at 5 and then upgrade the 23rd pick.

And why are your posts nothing but negative even though they mostly have LOL in them. Is it your way of sarcasm?

Reactions: 8
it's ok!! we gonna get gordon! he will be our kawhi

Fine.

Then we need to desperately upgrade that 23rd pick. Gotta get ourselves a shooter or two. Get Michigan's Peja or draft Payne to push Kanter.

Then, bring over Neto and begin developing him. There's some opportunity here for us to make some noise. Several big markets are a mess. If we make strides here we could be making some noise in a few years.

Why do you always have to list everything? Your schtick with the sizes is more than enough.

And why are your posts nothing but negative even though they mostly have LOL in them. Is it your way of sarcasm?

It's the truth. We missed out on players that most of this board had been advocating we draft. If you don't like my posts there's always an ignore button. I won't miss you not reading my posts. Time for you to put on your big boy pants.

To be fair, he looked really good in college. Could score, was tall, had 3pt range, rebounded well. Looked like the 2nd coming of Okur. Just sucked *** in the NBA because he had 0 confidence and never learned how to deal with NBA athleticism and size.

I'm not slamming the reasoning behind the decision-making-- just calling a spade a spade, and saying that it was a pretty brutal draft-whif. I'd love either Batum or Ibaka on this team right now. Imagine a big-man rotation of Memo, Booz, Ibaka, and Sap. Woah.

Fine.

Then we need to desperately upgrade that 23rd pick. Gotta get ourselves a shooter or two. Get Michigan's Peja or draft Payne to push Kanter.

Then, bring over Neto and begin developing him. There's some opportunity here for us to make some noise. Several big markets are a mess. If we make strides here we could be making some noise in a few years.

i like that.

#23+#35 for Pejauskas at #15 ish. let's make it happen.

It's the truth.

What is the truth?

We missed out on players that most of this board had been advocating we draft.

Please show me where I asked for this.

If you don't like my posts there's always an ignore button.

I am well aware of that.

I won't miss you not reading my posts.

You would hope so.

Time for you to put on your big boy pants.

Do you have your big boy pants on? This post doesn't have a LOL so I assume you are pretty serious.

This is one of the most inspiring things for me in a long time.

My eyes sweated watching Tim Duncan hugging his children crying with them.

Every team should take this Spurs team as an example in the history of basketball.

m8ka44.jpg

Congrats to Spurs for well deserved win. I find it amazing that they only had 6 Americans on their roster and two of them did not even play in finals.

If Kawhi were to win MVP, he would be the first player to win it while not being an All-Star.

Finals MVP/No All-Star-Same season: '73 Willis Reed; 78 Wes Unseld; 81 Cedric Maxwell; 89 Joe Dumars; 04 Chauncey Billups; 14 Kawhi Leonard

I heard the quoted phrase from a Turkish announcer but he was wrong.

Finals MVP/No All-Star-Same season: '73 Willis Reed; 78 Wes Unseld; 81 Cedric Maxwell; 89 Joe Dumars; 04 Chauncey Billups; 14 Kawhi Leonard

I heard the quoted phrase from a Turkish announcer but he was wrong.

I was gonna reply Chauncey since you and I both know his burst out season in the Pistons because of Memo but you already got it.