What's new

NBA Free Agency Moves in General (related to the Jazz, but not just moves made by the Jazz)

Looking at some of the crazy money that teams throw out there, I'm convinced that you should only pay big money to your star players and let everyone else walk when free agency rolls around. Use trades, rookies and exceptions to fill out your roster.

I think the crazy contracts will be limited compared to last year, though. Not as much money to be thrown around with the cap coming in 9 million less than expected. Also, I'd imagine what the Lakers and Blazers did last year has got GMs a little more on their toes.

Please don't hate me, but given the arms race in the west if I were Hayward, I would sign in Boston.

Nba is going to need to do sommething to correct this.

Please don't hate me, but given the arms race in the west if I were Hayward, I would sign in Boston.

Hayward has a tad bit more of a competitive spirit than you I reckon.

This is kind of like when the Utes decided to join the pac-12 and BYU decided to go independent.

The Utes knew it would be tough, but they also knew that the only way to become better was to face tougher competition. Sure enough, after playing with the big boys for several years, the Utes program rose and they became another one of the big boys.

Byu decided to play a bunch of little schools and shy away from competition, in order to make their win/loss record look more impressive than it really was. And because of this, they did not challenge themselves to get better, and therefore took their rightful place as little sister to the big boys.

Now I have no doubt, that for some people, being little sister is just fine, but I don't believe that is Gordon Hayward. Once the dust has settled, I expect Hayward to be challenging himself amongst the big boys.

This is kind of like when the Utes decided to join the pac-12 and BYU decided to go independent.

The Utes knew it would be tough, but they also knew that the only way to become better was to face tougher competition. Sure enough, after playing with the big boys for several years, the Utes program rose and they became another one of the big boys.

Byu decided to play a bunch of little schools and shy away from competition, in order to make their win/loss record look more impressive than it really was. And because of this, they did not challenge themselves to get better, and therefore took their rightful place as little sister to the big boys.

Now I have no doubt, that for some people, being little sister is just fine, but I don't believe that is Gordon Hayward. Once the dust has settled, I expect Hayward to be challenging himself amongst the big boys.

How many eastern conference matchups are going to get the hyped TV showcase? You get TV time and notoriety by playing good teams with a good team. In the cases where you HAVE to show an EC vs. EC game, it is going to look like an undercard.

George traded to OKC.

Griffin resigns with LA.

Lots of tweets about Hayward staying w/Jazz.

It's a Catholic funeral here in Boston right now.
Just the media circus/leaks should be eye opening to Hayward. I wouldn't want any part of that drama. All the talk is bad here, but there is full on fake news in Boston.

Already mentioned, but Denver showing interest in George Hill per ESPN. The thing that makes it interesting is that the Jazz could sign-and-trade Hill to Denver for Gallinari, whereby Denver signs and trades Gallo back to us. Not sure if Gallinari is a priority for the Jazz.

http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/den/denver-nuggets

Hmmm. A double sign and trade? Gallo would be interesting as a 4, but I worry about all of his injury issues. Not sure that's the route the Jazz should take to solve their long-term frontcourt issues. He would be a versatile guy though. Wouldn't hate the move.

Oh boy, I might not get enough sleep now since the free agency signing has started and wanting to knw if Gordo stays or not. Tough times atm...

the NW division is going to be fire. If we keep Hayward we'll be in the mix. Should be the toughest division in basketball.

We'll be fine if Hayward returns, and Favors has a monster contract year.