What's new

NBA Playoffs thread.

I doubt Aaron Gray will be back against the Lakers this series based on the groaning he made.

Nice to see some upsets today. Yaay Griz and Hornets!

Aaron Gray is a scrub but it just goes to show you that matching the Lakers with equal size will give you have a chance. +25 on court

I was shocked to see that the Lakers defensive strategy against Chris Paul was completely different from when they played Deron and the Jazz.

Against Utah, they would try and force side pick-and-roll baseline, and middle screen-roll they would trap the PG. Today against NOH, they employed the strategy they used to use against Phoenix, where they'd automatically switch and force Nash to beat their bigs 1-on-1 (in 2006 Nash put on a clinic hitting jumpers over Kwame Brown), and today CP3 took advantage by torching LAL's bigs on the mismatch.

Rooting desperately for NOH, but if I'm LAL I gotta trap CP3, get the ball out of his hands, and force someone else to beat me. Historically, Phil Jackson's been the master at taking little guards out of the game, today the complete opposite happened.

Hansboro hit a couple of J's in the fourth and you spin it into this. He was on the bench nearly half of the game due to foul trouble. Boozer actually played help defense in the first half, and rotated to help Noah, who got beat by Hibbert, as quick as I've ever seen him. Boozer had a big first quarter with 10 points and Hansboro didn't do ****. Then he got into foul trouble and couldn't get anything because Rose goes into the lane and throws up a shot half the time. The Pacers offensive execution was much better than the Bulls, they just couldn't stop Rose.

You only watched the last five minutes of the game. No comment about Rose going under screens and getting burned in the first half by the Pacers PG's? No comment about Granger being scoreless at halftime then putting up 24 in the second half? That's all Boozer's fault too, right?

Complete foolishness, as can only be done by the Boozer haters.

Yeah, your effort to "defend" Boozerica in all aspects is appreciated but your claims cannot be further from the truth. He is "the matador" for a reason. Good luck changing the FACT we have come to by watching hundreds of games. Boozer was the worst Bulls starter after Booogans in that game, and I watched the game, FYI.

2 quick points about the Boozer vs. Hansbrough debate:
1. Hansbrough was hitting jumpers when Noah was guarding him, too. Chicago wants their bigs to hedge hard and cut off penetration, so Hansbrough was getting open looks regardless who was guarding him. Thibbs needs to make an adjustment, help from the weakside and force George to beat you from the perimeter.

2. Love Boozer, but the play where Hansbrough stole the ball, went the whole way and and dunked it while Boozer fouled him - that was a great play and complete ownage on Booze.

Westbrook and Rose are so much better than Duron it's silly.

And you gotta love the way CP3 is leading his team. Duron would have probably yelled at Emeka on a fastbreak, pouted at the refs after not getting a foul call while trying to take on Gasol, and probably would have gotten Monte Williams fired already.

The Hornets are my new Fav Team of the Playoffs! GO HORNETS!!!

Think we can trade for CP3 somehow? Hmmm.

Westbrook and Rose are so much better than Duron it's silly.

And you gotta love the way CP3 is leading his team. Duron would have probably yelled at Emeka on a fastbreak, pouted at the refs after not getting a foul call while trying to take on Gasol, and probably would have gotten Monte Williams fired already.

Get over yourself. You have an extremely short memory.

Get over yourself. You have an extremely short memory.

Oh yeah, like the time duron led his Jazz team to a 1-0 lead over the Lakers? When was that again?

Sorry, but westbrook and Rose are fantastic players. A lot more explosive than duron.

Oh yeah, like the time duron led his Jazz team to a 1-0 lead over the Lakers? When was that again?

Sorry, but westbrook and Rose are fantastic players. A lot more explosive than duron.

Yes, they are better athletes than Deron, but it doesn't mean they are better players. You are officially one of the biggest hacks on this board, assuming it wasn't already official.

Man, that dude is such a stiff. Im surprised he's not on the Jazz squad.

Hey the offseason is coming up. We are not out of the running yet.

Steve Javie working Game 2 of Hornets/Lakers. David Stern's "just in case Chris Paul is destroying the Lakers defense" plan.

Very prescient post.
Chris Paul was amazing making big plays whenever the shot clock was winding down, especially at the end of quarters, but the refs took the game over for the Lakers.

Yes, they are better athletes than Deron, but it doesn't mean they are better players. You are officially one of the biggest hacks on this board, assuming it wasn't already official.

This.