What's new

NBA SUMMER LEAGUE 2018

Furkan Korkmaz's shot got even quicker. He may get some meaningful minutes with Phila this year.
Just dropped 40 with 8 3-pointers. Unreal game for him. Phila needs shooting so he probably plays this year.

Damn, Philly's got some talent. Hinkie was right!
The East is going to be a Sixers-Celtics battle for years to come. Too bad I hate Simmons so much. But I guess I have to cheer for the Sixers. Better Benji than Gordie.

Lmfao, twitter having a fit over Allen for the Young/Allen tangle.

Damn, Philly's got some talent. Hinkie was right!
The East is going to be a Sixers-Celtics battle for years to come. Too bad I hate Simmons so much. But I guess I have to cheer for the Sixers. Better Benji than Gordie.

It’s as much about the east being **** as it is about Philly being good. Put Philly in the west and they’re right in the group with the other playoff contenders.

Nah, those Pacers went on to cause the brawl at the palace. Perfect analogy.
So who goes into the stands, Crowder or Allen? And it has to be on the road, cuz nothing rhymes with Vivent. Can't come up with something epic like "Malice at the Palace."

Ayton looking like a modern day Dwight.

Suns got a good one.
10 and 8 and pretty bad D - underwhelming. summer league is the time to shine because they actually throw it into the post and there isn't nearly as much switching and forcing mismatches. its more basketball like it used to be pre-Curry/GS dominance.

okobo only had a decent game, but he's definitely good. looked longer and gave more effort on D than i expected. plays with good pace, can shoot, handle and pass. no question he's a good NBA pg - just 20, the only question is how good he will be.

Mikal Bridges jumpshot is just ridiculous. about as pretty as it goods. dude is smooth and that shot is pure. phoenix killed the draft, though they should have had the stones to pass on Ayton.

10 and 8 and pretty bad D - underwhelming. summer league is the time to shine because they actually throw it into the post and there isn't nearly as much switching and forcing mismatches. its more basketball like it used to be pre-Curry/GS dominance.

okobo only had a decent game, but he's definitely good. looked longer and gave more effort on D than i expected. plays with good pace, can shoot, handle and pass. no question he's a good NBA pg - just 20, the only question is how good he will be.

Mikal Bridges jumpshot is just ridiculous. about as pretty as it goods. dude is smooth and that shot is pure. phoenix killed the draft, though they should have had the stones to pass on Ayton.

Big men takes longer to develop... but the building blocks are all there IMO.

I will say this, the Allen/Young "much ado about nothing" has me more interested in watching the game tomorrow. Is it more likely players come after Allen now, trying to get him to react?

Best PG in the draft!

I will say this, the Allen/Young "much ado about nothing" has me more interested in watching the game tomorrow. Is it more likely players come after Allen now, trying to get him to react?

I think they will. Patience might come slowly to him. He seems pretty crafty though so he could make em pay. He embarrassed Young.

Does "there's no such thing as bad press" apply to a NBA rookie? Could rallying behind Grayson making our team even stronger? Us against the world? Donovan could be the foil since everyone loves him.

Last edited:
I think they will. Patience might come slowly to him. He seems pretty crafty though so he could make em pay. He embarrassed Young.

Does "there's no such thing as bad press" apply to a NBA rookie? Could rallying behind Grayson making our team even stronger? Us against the world? Donovan could be the foil since everyone loves him.
I dunno but Lonzo got picked on in the NBA cos of all the press around his dad.

I dunno but Lonzo got picked on in the NBA cos of all the press around his dad.

That is true but it’s not the same with Allen. I could see them trying to get him to retaliate if something happens but they won’t go after him like Lonzo.

Trevon Duval was just gliding by everyone. He's a really smooth and quick athlete.

Watched him live and it really stood out. Got wherever he wanted... I thought a couple other guys would be like that too but not really.

I was super impressed with Holiday... he shot well and was just in control.

Then there was Tj leaf... I don’t think that guy lasts... he never passes... like ever... and there were a couple dudes visibly pissed. He looked pretty bad.

Yabusele has the biggest *** in the league... it’s amazing... no homo

The biggest news from summer league though... and the story everyone wants to hear... I spent a few minutes talking with the tank commander himself... JLIII

I had a group of like 5 kids and he was super cool talking with them... like really spent time with them for five minutes just chatting it up... I can see why we kept him around for the tank years... good times.

Talked with Memo for a couple minutes too... he looked good.