What's new

Netflix recs?

Huh. Maybe I will check them out.
I watched a bit of Jack Ryan and I really like the lead actor so maybe I will try that again.
And I will admit that I watched and liked The Boys

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Yep. The Boys is fantastic. And they have about another dozen shows that are in the ballpark of Bosch and Jack Ryan as far as quality.

Yep. The Boys is fantastic. And they have about another dozen shows that are in the ballpark of Bosch and Jack Ryan as far as quality.
If you haven't watched Invincible yet, you really should. A good companion piece to the Boys. Animated, but definitely not for kids, and probably the greatest voice cast I've ever heard.

Great show.
Started it with my wife tonight. Watched 3 episodes and loved it.
My wife and I have watched 4 episodes. A bit into the first episode I looked at my wife and mentioned that this show was essentially Napoleon Dynamite in the hood. Not more than 30 seconds later nunchucks were mentioned. All I need now is a tot reference.

I’m seven episodes in. Might try to bang out the rest tonight. Sort of want to save them though. Save that, Hard Knocks, maybe The Expanse which I was thinking of trying, and something else…but save them so I have shows for school nights. Though I won’t have any time with football 5-6 days a week and my oldest’s soccer, piano, maybe swim for two of them…ugh.

I’m seven episodes in. Might try to bang out the rest tonight. Sort of want to save them though. Save that, Hard Knocks, maybe The Expanse which I was thinking of trying, and something else…but save them so I have shows for school nights. Though I won’t have any time with football 5-6 days a week and my oldest’s soccer, piano, maybe swim for two of them…ugh.
You will almost certainly not be disappointed in the Expanse. Heck, you could just watch it for the scientific accuracy - is it 100%? No, there are some points that are unrealistic and the major MacGuffin is flat-out fantasy, but when you get to the nitty-gritty, it's the most accurate space SF show, probably ever.

Netflix's Narcos about Pablo Escobar is very good.

My only issue with it is how quickly it just sort of glazes over interesting aspects of his life.
One of the interesting aspects I only recently learned about was that he had a private zoo that included several hippopotamus. During the time of his arrest, Escobar's hippos escaped. Apparently the rivers in Columbia are the right temperature, have plenty of hippo food with no hippo predators. Now Columbia has a wild hippo population.

Not Netflix, I think it might be Amazon Prime, but the Chernobyl miniseries was incredible.

On Netflix, I’ve really enjoyed their sports documentaries. Manti T’eo, Tim Donaughy, etc have been really interesting.

Bump

Just came across Loudermilk on Netflix, so far excellent.
I watched it about a month ago and Im all caught up. loved it.

I'm watching Dumb Money right now and love it.

Next I'm going to watch The Big Short

(No idea if either movie is on Netflix btw)

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk