What's new

New assistants?

gregbroncs

Any ideas who will be or who you want to become full time assistants to Ty Corbin?

I would like to see a defensive minded coach come in and help turn around the defense of this team.

I am also thinking they may make a run at making Jeff Hornacek a permanent assistant if he wants to. What about Gordy Chiesa? Will he be coming back?

I would already assume Scott Layden is gonna be there. But after that, I have absolutely no idea. I have no idea what offensive/defensive schemes he's going to run and what he needs his assistant coaches to do. I wouldn't be surprised if Corbin is in over his head right now and it might take a while to figure all this **** out.

I would already assume Scott Layden is gonna be there. But after that, I have absolutely no idea. I have no idea what offensive/defensive schemes he's going to run and what he needs his assistant coaches to do. I wouldn't be surprised if Corbin is in over his head right now and it might take a while to figure all this **** out.

I think Layden is still an assistant. But it still leaves a couple of spots to fill.

Besides I am kind of sick of thinking backwards already and need to look forward to get over some of these emotions.

I would love for the Jazz to bring Gordan Chiesa back. With Gordy and Hornacek, I feel like they would keep alot of the offensive system in tact with some subtle tweaks (mainly more running, more pick-and-roll and more emphasis on perimeter shooting). Heck, while they'll at it though, Kenny Natt could be available too, and they could would have most of the 1997 team/staff back in place!

It truly depends on which kind of system Corbin wants to implement. Horny would be awesome though. Finally some improved shooting.

Any ideas who will be or who you want to become full time assistants to Ty Corbin?

I would like to see a defensive minded coach come in and help turn around the defense of this team.

I have already let the Jazz know that I'm available. I can be pretty defensive minded. Just bring up a sore subject and stand back.

I say hire the guy that sits at the end of the bench on the floor that got a technical this year. He always is fired up, I love that man

I hope layden isn't promoted to head assistant. Hornacek and somebody....tough, mean, .....Malone? doubt it but that would be sick.

Exactly he is GREAT in his role of keeping players on the bench during altercations and keeping track of deflections

I don't understand all the Scotty hate. Yeah, he wears his pants too high. Yeah, he sucked as the GM of the Knicks... but, he is an excellent X's and O's guy that understands the game and has been around professional basketball near his entire life. As an assistant coach I can't think of many guys that would be better.

I see a lot of suggestions to bring in Stock or Malone but I can't see a single reason, based on fact, that makes anyone think they'd actually be better than Scotty. Yeah, they were great players but that does not automatically translate into great coaching ability.

As long as Scotty is not in charge of making critical decisions within the Jazz organization, I'm all about letting Scotty be on the Jazz bench.