What's new

New Post Quotes

I don't understand why you would want it activated. For me it was a duplicate of the Quote Notifications which show up in my Inbox.

First reason is that I don't have to delete my inbox messages on occasion. I hardly ever use PM so it's a bit of a useless junk work for me. Second reason would be the minor pop-ups that are not as annoying as a separate window pop-up saying that I have received a message. And more notifications and more notification button gone black with numbers. It's a bit of a feel-good thing for me when I receive notifications. It's kinda like the feeling when you receive a hand-written mail or used to receive since no one uses mail these days, and pick that letter from the pile of bills and all the other banners. It might sound lame, but it excites me. I like it.

@Stifle Tower is probably using IE.

Why do you say that?
And no, I'm not. Haven't used IE for 10+ years. I use Firefox.

I'm using Firefox and this is what worked for me.
Maybe I need to delete and reinstall Firefox. I don't get the "never allow" option in the drop down menu, only "Not Now," which doesn't do anything.

Nope, that didn't do it. It only happens when I'm signed in, so time to just lurk, I guess. Its just too ******* annoying to put up with after every *** damn click (probably like I am to many of you). Pop up has finally gotten rid of me. I'm outta here.

Last edited:
Why do you say that?

Maybe I need to delete and reinstall Firefox. I don't get the "never allow" option in the drop down menu, only "Not Now," which doesn't do anything.

Nope, that didn't do it. It only happens when I'm signed in, so time to just lurk, I guess. Its just too ******* annoying to put up with after every *** damn click (probably like I am to many of you). Pop up has finally gotten rid of me. I'm outta here.
[MENTION=1]Jason[/MENTION], are you sure you can't help him out? Hate to lose someone of Stifle's longevity over something like this.

Why do you say that?

Come on man you can't be serious. About getting beaten by a pop up I mean. But if you already wanted to quit and was looking for a reason, I cannot say much. But as for being annoying issue, I think in this place, you always get people who don't like you very much at all and always conflict you in an annoying way, maybe you are like this too to some other people, and probably I am too, but I wouldn't call you annoying at all. You are one of the characteristic posters that has determined this board for what it is so I would suggest you shouldn't take it personal when you do not receive enough praise in here to feed your ego.

[MENTION=345]Stifle Tower[/MENTION], have you cleared out all the old notifications? Maybe you need to get rid of the ones you got before this was disabled?

Appears to have been fixed. Now I don't have to close the pop-up after each click. Appreciate it. Still not sure why I was the only one with the problem. Maybe I need a new laptop!

Is your current brand of laptop a Tandy?