What's new

New years resolution for the Jazz?

What New Year direction (resolution) should the Jazz take?

• Other choice not mentioned (please explain with a post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chargers Jazz Angels

With the New Year approaching and the Jazz being Dr Jeckle and Mr Hyde, what direction do you want to see the Jazz take in the New Year?

- Remember if the Jazz pick falls outside of the top 10 the pick goes to OKC

- JC becomes tradable in the first part of January if I remember correctly.

- Jazz are not that far out of the play in games

- there are some interesting names on the trade market

I mean if we can get a real difference maker (luka or something) then I would go that route.
I dont think we can though so i voted for trade away some vets and get younger.

KO is most likely gone after this season and is only getting older. Kessler should be playing as much as possible. KO is the most obvious who should be traded.

Then we should be playing Ochai more as well and we simply have too many guards. Cant give minutes to Dunn, Ochai, Clarkson, sexton, keyonte and THT so we need to make a trade or two with this group. We obviously aren't looking to trade keyonte and probably not ochai. So I would shop sexton (who has been playing great so his trade value might be high), clarkson, and tht and see what we can get. THT is expiring as well so that needs to be factored in.

I would like to trade collins as well and get some minutes for Hendrix but I dont think the market is great for him.

Kessler should get more than 24 minutes per game. Ochai should get more than 21. Trades need to be made to tighten up the rotation.

Last night the jazz were healthy. And Hardy went with a 10 man rotation. Kessler got 18 minutes. Ochai got 19. Ochai was 4-6 shooting, played great defense and was a +18. Kessler had 11 points 7 rebounds and 4 blocks in his 18 minutes. These guys should be getting more court time. Dunn 19 minutes, collins 18 minutes, simone 23 minutes, george 24 minutes. THT DNPCD. Hard for guys to get in a rythm with sporadic and inconsistent minutes/rotations. Hard for the players to build chemistry with each other.

The injuries were kind of nice (as long as Lauri was healthy) simply to get guys consistency together.

bring another Allstar caliber player and pair him with Lauri. I think it will unlock things. Dont want another John collins project.

I mean if we can get a real difference maker (luka or something) then I would go that route.
I dont think we can though so i voted for trade away some vets and get younger.

KO is most likely gone after this season and is only getting older. Kessler should be playing as much as possible. KO is the most obvious who should be traded.

Then we should be playing Ochai more as well and we simply have too many guards. Cant give minutes to Dunn, Ochai, Clarkson, sexton, keyonte and THT so we need to make a trade or two with this group. We obviously aren't looking to trade keyonte and probably not ochai. So I would shop sexton (who has been playing great so his trade value might be high), clarkson, and tht and see what we can get. THT is expiring as well so that needs to be factored in.

I would like to trade collins as well and get some minutes for Hendrix but I dont think the market is great for him.

Kessler should get more than 24 minutes per game. Ochai should get more than 21. Trades need to be made to tighten up the rotation.

Last night the jazz were healthy. And Hardy went with a 10 man rotation. Kessler got 18 minutes. Ochai got 19. Ochai was 4-6 shooting, played great defense and was a +18. Kessler had 11 points 7 rebounds and 4 blocks in his 18 minutes. These guys should be getting more court time. Dunn 19 minutes, collins 18 minutes, simone 23 minutes, george 24 minutes. THT DNPCD. Hard for guys to get in a rythm with sporadic and inconsistent minutes/rotations. Hard for the players to build chemistry with each other.

The injuries were kind of nice (as long as Lauri was healthy) simply to get guys consistency together.
Well said.

I think we need to hold our breath for a bit longer before making final calls, but one thing is for sure: the consolidation of score-first guards needs to happen ASAP.

All other moves should wait until our super tough East road tour (@BOS, @PHI, @MIL) has concluded, which will be a good measuring stick of we are any better now than at the start of have we just been kicking some empty tomato cans.

Trade either Sexton or Clarkson and Olynyk.

Just makes the most sense to me. Clarkson/Olynyk can probably get you a handful of 2nd rounders and maybe an interesting young talent.

Got to free up some minutes for younger guys. Got to get rid of the Kelly Olynyk safety blanket.

I can see how CLarkson still fits the team. I think he's going to be a good 6th man scorer at this end of his deal, and he's on a good deal, but you got to trade KO. The team just relies on him too much and I dont think he has many years left. H

Trade either Sexton or Clarkson and Olynyk.

Just makes the most sense to me. Clarkson/Olynyk can probably get you a handful of 2nd rounders and maybe an interesting young talent.

Got to free up some minutes for younger guys. Got to get rid of the Kelly Olynyk safety blanket.

I can see how CLarkson still fits the team. I think he's going to be a good 6th man scorer at this end of his deal, and he's on a good deal, but you got to trade KO. The team just relies on him too much and I dont think he has many years left. H

We should trade the guy who is out of the rotation and has an expiring contract (THT).

We should trade the guy who is out of the rotation and has an expiring contract (THT).
Find it hard to believe THT is out of the rotation when he played his best game before his injury. He was probably just a late scratch. He was the last player out of the tunnel for warm ups. They probably just decided he didnt have it.

I dreamt last night that the Jazz traded for Dejonte Murray and OG Anunoby. It was a dream so I have no idea how they did it but oh well it was a dream. that is what I get for reading Jazzfanz before sleep.

Wow, Murray has a long contract but is close to Clarkson now. Would save Atlanta a ton of money over the next couple of years. Sexton is also close but I am a huge Sexton fan. Would love to see him in the former Clarkson role of 6th man flame thrower type.

OG's contract is similar and he is expiring so should not cost too much other than maybe a couple of firsts.

Interesting there is a way for both of these trades to happen. The question is how good would it make the Jazz

Murray, George, Dunn
Ogbaji, Sexton
Anunoby, Hendricks
Markkanen, Collins
Kessler, Yurtseven

there’s only 3 players on trade rumors. Lauri, Clarkson and KO. My guess is the moment we trade jc and KO for picks/ expiring players then Lauri will be next.