What's new

New years resolution for the Jazz?

What New Year direction (resolution) should the Jazz take?

• Other choice not mentioned (please explain with a post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's a little crazy, because it seems so flippant, but I would like to reserve some judgement until the next few games. If we can play competitively against the next three teams, then I think we might have a good enough core to build on. If we go back to getting blown out, then it might be time to do a complete reset.

It wouldn’t be a full tank if we sold stuff off and consolidated but it would be a clear move to “development” over maximizing wins. It also depends on how far they go with it.
They have already made clear development over wins moves ....

They aren't going to do anything all one way .

Outside of playing Keyonte I’m not sure they have. Moving JC and KO and relying on Key and Taylor much more would be a clear step towards picking a lane imo. Maybe not fully off the fence but I don’t consider that straddling the fence.

IDK man, kessler, ochai, brice, and taylor aren't playing enough to be able to clearly say that imo. And if sexton, tht, and dunn would have played like they have been lately to start the year then i doubt key would be playing much at all. i think he got minutes simply due to his competition sucking it up.

IDK man, kessler, ochai, brice, and taylor aren't playing enough to be able to clearly say that imo. And if sexton, tht, and dunn would have played like they have been lately to start the year then i doubt key would be playing much at all. i think he got minutes simply due to his competition sucking it up.
Like I said, they are on the fence. They arent making exclusively win now or development moves, they are doing both, which is my point. They can still ride the fence and make moves on the margins to consolidate or add assets. Doesnt have to be a major trade like selling Lauri to be a bottom 5 team or trading for LaVine to win more games now.

And Keyonte, Ochai, and Kessler are all getting plenty of minutes to develop.

Like I said, they are on the fence. They arent making exclusively win now or development moves, they are doing both, which is my point. They can still ride the fence and make moves on the margins to consolidate or add assets. Doesnt have to be a major trade like selling Lauri to be a bottom 5 team or trading for LaVine to win more games now.

And Keyonte, Ochai, and Kessler are all getting plenty of minutes to develop.
I agree they are on the fence. You said they have made it clear that they are getting off the fence and going to the side of development over wins in the post I quoted.
I wish they pick a side and go with it.
Two years in a row that I have no idea what the plan is and it doesn't seem like the jazz have any idea either.
Which might be a plan itself. Be patient and gather more data before making a decision. I'm fine with i guess. Better than making a quick, wrong decision.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Last edited: