What's new

News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

That’s a big number. And in a Conley trade we’d be giving salary back. Are we sure we wouldn’t have anything left over to use if we got him?

This stuff confuses the hell out of me.

If the Jazz pick up Favors' option, that takes $17M or so off the top, so cut that number in half as a starting point.

Regarding the DLo vs. Conley debate, whatever happens, DLo is going to have several teams going after him. He's going to get max-level offers. Even if the Jazz like DLo, and even if they think they could get him, they may not want to pay him max dollars. Despite being an All Star, teams might consider him a borderline max player.

Boston burning down... I might consider this a successful offseason no matter what the Jazz do. There was a rumor Stevens lost the team when he started force feeding Hayward... Andy Bailey mentioned it on a pod so I have no sources... that said I want to believe it so I will.

Did yall see this:

https://nypost.com/2019/06/18/how-frank-ntilikina-is-spending-potential-final-days-with-knicks/

Would you take Ntilikina for the 23rd pick? He's likely better than anyone we pickup in the draft. He's young, we would have his rights for 2 more years and then he's restricted. He has the same build as Exum but he hasn't been injured. He is only 20 years old as well. He is still pretty affordable and doesn't break bank. He doesn't fit in New York where he was expected to be a super star. Now, he isn't that great of a shooter but I think we could do a lot worse with our draft pick.

Regarding the DLo vs. Conley debate, whatever happens, DLo is going to have several teams going after him. He's going to get max-level offers. Even if the Jazz like DLo, and even if they think they could get him, they may not want to pay him max dollars. Despite being an All Star, teams might consider him a borderline max player.
Jazz would gladly max him out. Especially since its the lowest of max contracts money wise. Teams throw those low max contracts around pretty freely. Look at Haywards first max contract.

Did yall see this:

https://nypost.com/2019/06/18/how-frank-ntilikina-is-spending-potential-final-days-with-knicks/

Would you take Ntilikina for the 23rd pick? He's likely better than anyone we pickup in the draft. He's young, we would have his rights for 2 more years and then he's restricted. He has the same build as Exum but he hasn't been injured. He is only 20 years old as well. He is still pretty affordable and doesn't break bank. He doesn't fit in New York where he was expected to be a super star. Now, he isn't that great of a shooter but I think we could do a lot worse with our draft pick.

May as well resign Rubio, he’s a bad shooter, but is hella good at running an offense, and can sometimes actually score points and positive influence on a game.

Conley is making max money and the jazz seem ok with paying him max.
They better not balk at paying Russell max money (and I don't think they would)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Conley is making max money and the jazz seem ok with paying him max.
They better not balk at paying Russell max money (and I don't think they would)

The Jazz probably like Conley more than DLo. That's the point. Conley has historically been the better player. If you max out DLo, you're expecting him to keep improving his game, since he's young.

The Jazz probably like Conley more than DLo. That's the point. Conley has historically been the better player. If you max out DLo, you're expecting him to keep improving his game, since he's young.
Sure, they still wouldn't have any problem giving Russell the max. Especially since it's not that big of max anyway

Did yall see this:

I think he's okay. He's a combo-guard who got thrown into the deep end on bad Knick teams. I think a team would ideally play him as a third guard, but if he plays with real talent and floor spacing, he could be effective. He's a good athlete and has good length. He's a decent defender. I'm not sure about his shooting so far.

Here are some red flags with DLo: marijuana charge, the Lakers made him the no 2 pick and gave up on him, the Nets are not seeing him as the savior either. Is he a good NBA player? Absolutely but the dude has some warts. Worth max money? I don't know.

Conley has historically been the better player? Well, yeah but hell, they were comparable last year when they both had career years. At age 22, Russell was a ton better than Conley at 22. The absolute disregard for any kind of improvement blows my mind. Conley now is better than Russell. Conley in two years might be worse than Russell. Conley in 4-5 years will definitely be worse than Russell.

Not every old player is LeBron James. Look at Lowry - he had good moments, but his regression is obvious. Many good games and moments but also many bad games and moments. If we got Conley, I think we would be getting more of a Lowry or Chris Paul than a consistent beast every night. So yeah, better than Rubio but not some guy who is going to carry us night in night out.

Here are some red flags with DLo: marijuana charge, the Lakers made him the no 2 pick and gave up on him, the Nets are not seeing him as the savior either. Is he a good NBA player? Absolutely but the dude has some warts. Worth max money? I don't know.
Marijuana?!!!! Oh no! I can't believe an NBA player touched the devil's lettuce.

Lol, Lakers giving up on young talent.

He's worth Max money to pretty much every team in the NBA.

Did yall see this:

I mentioned this in another thread. I'm really high on Frank Nkilitina. He's a good buddy with Mitchell and he's only 20. He's got a 7 foot wingspan. He's French so Gobert could help him in addition to Mitchell.

I wouldn't trade #23, but I would trade two 2nd round picks and not send any contracts back. NY is interested in shedding his $5 million contract.

Conley has historically been the better player? Well, yeah but hell, they were comparable last year when they both had career years. At age 22, Russell was a ton better than Conley at 22. The absolute disregard for any kind of improvement blows my mind. Conley now is better than Russell. Conley in two years might be worse than Russell. Conley in 4-5 years will definitely be worse than Russell.

Not every old player is LeBron James. Look at Lowry - he had good moments, but his regression is obvious. Many good games and moments but also many bad games and moments. If we got Conley, I think we would be getting more of a Lowry or Chris Paul than a consistent beast every night. So yeah, better than Rubio but not some guy who is going to carry us night in night out.

If we get Conley, it's only for the 2 years on his current deal. I don't think the Jazz are looking beyond the next two years, during which Gobert is on his current deal and Mitchell is still on rookie-scale.

Did yall see this:

I'd rather have Caruso who would be better and cheaper.