What's new

News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

Going to be interesting to hear all the rumors come July 1st. Donovan seems to be friends with just about everyone in the league. We've never had anyone like that. Over the next few years, maybe we'll be very surprised a time or two.

Technically, once his contract is guaranteed, other teams can’t contact him about how awesome it would be to play for them, right?

Or is your comment about the inevitability of tampering?

Mostly, I agree with your later comment that guaranteeing his contract makes him basically (at least, in terms of permission) untouchable.

They are better with Kemba than with Kyrie. Boston gets extremely fortunate here.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

But they will be worse overall... Al Horford was super important for them.

I hate that them getting Kemba... he seems like a nice guy... I’ve always enjoyed watching him... if he becomes a Celtic, then I hope he chokes in his sleep and dies.

Good for Boston I guess, but they need to focus on featuring Brown/Tatum if they’re going to contend. I’m not sure Kemba makes them any better.

Kyrie is better offensively than Kemba but not by a lot. But Kemba is better on defense and is a better teammate/leader.

I think replacing Kyrie with Kemba is an upgrade.

Losing Horford hurts though but he is on the decline and ill have to see who they pick up to replace him. Favors would be such a good fit on their team and I would hate to see it. But I think they could be good again if they get Kemba and makes some good moves.

Kemba/Tatum/Brown/Hayward/Favors is a good lineup if Hayward gets back to 75% of the player he was before the injury.

Kyrie is better offensively than Kemba but not by a lot. But Kemba is better on defense and is a better teammate/leader.

I think replacing Kyrie with Kemba is an upgrade.

Losing Horford hurts though but he is on the decline and ill have to see who they pick up to replace him. Favors would be such a good fit on their team and I would hate to see it. But I think they could be good again if they get Kemba and makes some good moves.

Kemba/Tatum/Brown/Hayward/Favors is a good lineup if Hayward gets back to 75% of the player he was before the injury.

What makes you think kemba is better on defense?

Kyrie is bigger, younger, more efficient offensively by a pretty significant margin, and is objectively a better defender, again by a significant margin.

Kyrie sucks as the #1 option. His teams in Cleveland sucked. The Celtics did better without him than with him. There is a chance Kemba is going to let Tatum emerge as the future of Boston as he supports him. That would never happen with Kyrie.

Not everything is about talent. Heart, leadership, and teamwork are very valuable. That's why we chose Conley.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app