What's new

News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

Clippers are the #1 favorites now. They have two DEFENSIVE powerhouse players as their foundation - that can also get buckets in a big way. That Kawhi-PG pick and roll, is going to be unstoppable. I think Mike Conley and Donovan are the only ones who have a chance of disrupting it, with Gobert at their backs. This season is going to be epic.

Clippers are the #1 favorites now. They have two DEFENSIVE powerhouse players as their foundation - that can also get buckets in a big way. That Kawhi-PG pick and roll, is going to be unstoppable. I think Mike Conley and Donovan are the only ones who have a chance of disrupting it, with Gobert at their backs. This season is going to be epic.
Conley and Mitchell are on the wrong side of a mismatch if they’re guarding PG and Kawhi. You switch the PnR is how that’s guarded.

Clippers are certainly top-3 in the west, but they are no super team.

Conley and Mitchell are on the wrong side of a mismatch if they’re guarding PG and Kawhi. You switch the PnR is how that’s guarded.

Clippers are certainly top-3 in the west, but they are no super team.
but they do have significant advantage over us. our best matchup against them is Gobert and he can't really hurt anyone offensively... let's not even discuss the chances of Bojan/Ingles' matchup against Kawhi/George...

This is not a starter to starter comparison, but those who will get the most minutes and close out games.

Gobert > Zubac
Bogdanovic < Kawhi
Ingles ≤ PG13 (Joe definitely won this matchup last time in the playoffs, and PG definitely won it last regular season)
Donovan > P. Beverly
M. Conley > Lou Williams

We win 3 of the primary matchups, and we have a deeper, more talented, and more veteran bench. I could see this series going 7 games, but I could also see the Jazz having home court, and we know that Quin has outcoached Doc Rivers before.

Kawhi and PG13 might be the closest thing to MJ/Pippen we've seen since the duo themselves on the defensive end, and they're more than capable offensive players with one being the Finals MVP and the other being on the same level as Giannis and Harden until his shoulder injury. Throw in Pat Bev to hound guards and Lou Will who's a more than capable scorer, Shamet as the sniper, Harrell as their energy big guy to do all the hustle work, Harkless and McGruder as solid wing rotation players... jesus that's a stacked team. I also think they're going to be the team that snags up Cousins too, plus Doc as a coach who did an outstanding job last year with the Clippers team.

They're going to be really ****ing good, and I think they pose a matchup problem for the Jazz too because of how elite Bev/Kawhi/PG are on the defensive end.

This is not a starter to starter comparison, but those who will get the most minutes and close out games.

Gobert > Zubac
Bogdanovic < Kawhi
Ingles ≤ PG13 (Joe definitely won this matchup last time in the playoffs, and PG definitely won it last regular season)
Donovan > P. Beverly
M. Conley > Lou Williams

We win 3 of the primary matchups, and we have a deeper, more talented, and more veteran bench. I could see this series going 7 games, but I could also see the Jazz having home court, and we know that Quin has outcoached Doc Rivers before.

Mitchell needs to take another step. He needs to match or outplay PG.

The Clippers are now the favorites to win the title? lol Yeah, keep sleeping on the Jazz ya fools. Kawhi and PG13, yeah whatever... we still got this! #Takenote!

OKC got SGA (future all-star), Gallinari and loads of draft picks. Bitter-sweet for their fans but they still could make the playoffs and now they're set up like the Celtics from when they made the Nets trade.

Even if Kawhi doesn't miss 20+ games due to injury we'll still have a better record and more depth.

OKC got SGA (future all-star), Gallinari and loads of draft picks. Bitter-sweet for their fans but they still could make the playoffs and now they're set up like the Celtics from when they made the Nets trade.

Even if Kawhi doesn't miss 20+ games due to injury we'll still have a better record and more depth.
There are 7 teams that could make a case for the first seed this year. I’m not sure that the eighth seed goes to OKC. The Spurs still exist, the Mavs are coming up, as are the Kings.

There are 7 teams that could make a case for the first seed this year. I’m not sure that the eighth seed goes to OKC. The Spurs still exist, the Mavs are coming up, as are the Kings.

I said 'could', not would; though I wouldn't count them out. They still have a nice roster with a lot of depth:

C: Steven Adams*, Nerlens Noel
PF: Jerami Grant*, Mike Muscala, Patrick Patterson
SF: Danilo Gallinari*, Darius Bazley, Abdel Nader, Deonte Burton
SG: Andre Roberson, Dennis Schroeder, Terrance Ferguson, Hamidou Diallo
PG: Russell Westbrook*, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

Although we're obviously a better team, like us, OKC can withstand injuries (especially with their backcourt).

I said 'could', not would; though I wouldn't count them out. They still have a nice roster with a lot of depth:

C: Steven Adams*, Nerlens Noel
PF: Jerami Grant*, Mike Muscala, Patrick Patterson
SF: Danilo Gallinari*, Darius Bazley, Abdel Nader, Deonte Burton
SG: Andre Roberson, Dennis Schroeder, Terrance Ferguson, Hamidou Diallo
PG: Russell Westbrook*, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

Although we're obviously a better team, like us, OKC can withstand injuries (especially with their backcourt).

That might be the worst shooting team in the league.

I hope Westbrook, Wall, and Boogie all go to the Knicks.