What's new

News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

I'm starting to wonder about Jabari Paker. I know he hasn't lived up to the hype, but if we're taking on Mudiay as a reclamation project, why not Parker? Give him 15 minutes per night to start and see if he can play in a system.

He's a big wing who can create his own look and go off for 25 points, especially if he's a 3rd or 4th option. Right now, the alternative is Niang. It's not a high bar to reach.

Sleeping on the Lakers, DMC, The Warriors, or most of the teams in the WC would be a mistake. The conference is a minefield.

That being said, there isn’t a team in the league that I feel the Jazz don’t have a strong chance against. The Jazz have plenty of oomf on offense, spacing, and versatility. Potentially, anyway.

The Lakers ******** suck okay. Period. End of story.

I'm starting to wonder about Jabari Paker. I know he hasn't lived up to the hype, but if we're taking on Mudiay as a reclamation project, why not Parker? Give him 15 minutes per night to start and see if he can play in a system.

He's a big wing who can create his own look and go off for 25 points, especially if he's a 3rd or 4th option. Right now, the alternative is Niang. It's not a high bar to reach.

Not a fan at all of Parker, but even so, he’s not coming here for a minimum contract.

Not a fan at all of Parker, but even so, he’s not coming here for a minimum contract.
I agree, but money is drying up. I guess some teams still have their MLE available. Jabari must think he's better than any offer that's been out there. But he needs to play defense if he wants a big contract.

“Give him 15 minutes to start”? Why should we give him anything? We have better options. And he should have to earn any second he would get on the court. I have no problem bringing him in on the VM but he should be told very clearly he is guaranteed zero playing time, needs to bust his *** to get into better shape, and needs to bust his *** on d to even have a chance to sniff court time. If he doesn’t like hearing that, adios muchacho. No contract.

I agree, but money is drying up. I guess some teams still have their MLE available. Jabari must think he's better than any offer that's been out there. But he needs to play defense if he wants a big contract.

That’s his problem. Jabari’s always thought he’s better than what he’s received. Wake up call, Jabari. This isn’t high school any more. You’re not special. And no one gives a **** about what you did when you were 17.

Agreed.
I figure jazz finish top 4 in the West with a decent shot at #1.

Agree. Jazz have hitters now, not just shooters. They also have a great combination of shooting/size. Conley is in a whole different tier than Rubio was in every positive facet of the game. Jazz will not win fewer than 60 unless Conley or Rudy go down for significant time. Won't take much time for fans to realize just how good of bargains Davis, Mudiay, and Green are/were. I believe Mudiay will be here a long time.

We still have not completed the Favors and Bogdanovic transactions... I wonder if they are trying to do something extracurricular...

Toronto and OKC might be having a yard sale. Jazz need to trade Favors, then take Bogdanovic into cap space.....I think.

Because Parker said he doesnt care about playing defense. Like on the record said it.

Because Parker said he doesnt care about playing defense. Like on the record said it.
Even worse.

"I don't get paid to play defense."

Keep him as far away from Utah as possible. I don't even want him in the audience watching games.

For fun I looked up the quote, he actually said

"They don't pay players to play defense." Then went on to say it never matters if you play defense or not they are always going to score their average.

We need to make sure Parker never comes to Utah. Would be the worst fit and worst acquisition we have ever made.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sb...defense-interview-bulls-bucks-nba-free-agency

Even worse.

"I don't get paid to play defense."

Keep him as far away from Utah as possible. I don't even want him in the audience watching games.

For fun I looked up the quote, he actually said

"They don't pay players to play defense." Then went on to say it never matters if you play defense or not they are always going to score their average.

We need to make sure Parker never comes to Utah. Would be the worst fit and worst acquisition we have ever made.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sb...defense-interview-bulls-bucks-nba-free-agency

He’s not coming here on the minimum so don’t worry.

Wizards are trying to squeeze Parker. They have 8 million left before they hit the Luxury tax but they have a couple players they want to sign. At most they will offer him is 4.7 million. Maybe the Jazz can do a sign and trade with the Wiz?

And look players say stupid stuff in public all the time. He cracked under Boylen but maybe Quinn has the skill and finese to help him. He would be awesome as a second unit scorer.

Wizards are trying to squeeze Parker. They have 8 million left before they hit the Luxury tax but they have a couple players they want to sign. At most they will offer him is 4.7 million. Maybe the Jazz can do a sign and trade with the Wiz?

And look players say stupid stuff in public all the time. He cracked under Boylen but maybe Quinn has the skill and finese to help him. He would be awesome as a second unit scorer.
Plus his catch and shoot 3 pointers is 46%. He would be deadly playing in a system.

Plus his catch and shoot 3 pointers is 46%. He would be deadly playing in a system.
Yeah maybe he can outshoot the opposing players as he lets them run layup drills. Stupid.