What's new

NFL 2015 Season Discussion Thread

OK so whatever happened to that promising African American Redskins QB that I saw in the news a few years back?

Is he still playing??
He is always getting hurt and has a beef with his coach iirc

I like Miami dolphins but I'm not a huge passionate fan of any nfl team.
Dolphins are my favorite nfl team though

Yeah same here.. I guess it's because I don't play it hence I can't really relate to any players or teams in particular.

I guess if I really have to pick 1 I would pick a pass first team (I hate it when teams run, passing is much more fun to watch for me) with a decent defensive unit.

Not sure what teams currently fit those criteria at the moment? Fish? Ellis? Any thoughts?

Seattle, Detroit, Indy, Philly are all 0-2. What the hell is going on?

Denver D has been amazing. Ware and Miller have the 1st and 4th most QB hurries in the league. Unfortunately Kubiak is trying to make Peyton something he is not at 39 years old and has given him swiss cheese as an offensive line.

Any Rams fans here? Hate to be the bearer of bad news, Sounds like a done deal though. Their days are numbered in St. Louis.

Any Rams fans here? Hate to be the bearer of bad news, Sounds like a done deal though. Their days are numbered in St. Louis..
Explain

He is always getting hurt and has a beef with his coach iirc
He's also a rich man's Tim Tebow. He can run, but has terrible accuracy and limited field vision.

As for the St. Louis move, do they really receive so little support? I think the NFL should tell owners to make their teams competitive for several years and THEN come back and request a move if they're still facing financial hardship.

At least the Raiders are getting screwed. There was a proposal to have the Raiders and Chargers sharee a stadium in Carson. Chalk one up for Goodell for blocking that idea.

He's also a rich man's Tim Tebow. He can run, but has terrible accuracy and limited field vision.

He was a very good passer in college and in his rookie year.
Tebow was never a good passer.

Poor comparison

As a Bronco fan I didn't like the Chargers/Raiders idea. I like my rivalries and the Raiders one is a massive one for the Broncos/Raiders.

Back again, from the you cant make this **** up dept. - RG3's dad just got sentenced to jail time for driving 115mph on I-64 in Virginia.

First time watching this Redskins QB ... wow he misses a lot of open man, bad throws, etc, etc.

Amazing how badly having a bad QB can hurt you.

First time watching this Redskins QB ... wow he misses a lot of open man, bad throws, etc, etc.

Amazing how badly having a bad QB can hurt you.

Tony Jones at the Tribune tweeted last night that RG3 and Cousins have the same number of career interceptions. Problem is that RG3 has thrown 600 more passes.

He was a very good passer in college and in his rookie year.
Tebow was never a good passer.

Poor comparison

To be fair, Tebow has the third highest passer rating ever in college football over their career. Sam Bradford is #1 - 175. Mariota - 171. Tebow - 170. That has to mean he has some skills as a passer.

He just sucks as an NFL passer.

If I am a college coach, I'm not sure there is any player I take over Tebow...maybe Mariota. Maybe. Tebow did win it all in the SEC. That is impressive.

To be fair, Tebow has the third highest passer rating ever in college football over their career. Sam Bradford is #1 - 175. Mariota - 171. Tebow - 170. That has to mean he has some skills as a passer.

He just sucks as an NFL passer.

If I am a college coach, I'm not sure there is any player I take over Tebow...maybe Mariota. Maybe. Tebow did win it all in the SEC. That is impressive.
How many attempts did Tebow have compared to those others you named?

I looked it up.
He had allot less attempts, yards, and touchdowns than those other guys and I still would say that he was not a very good passer in college he just had really good players around him and played for a great coach who used him perfectly. (Run him allot and throw short easy passes to his skill players and have them get yards after the catch)

You are correct that when he did pass the ball he was efficient though (high completion percentage, good td/int ratio)

Skol !!!

900x506

Not sure if y'all saw this absurd mascot-related story. He tried to ask the Vikings for $20,000 per game..

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-o...wants-a-10-year-16m-contract-team-not-budging

I guess because everyone's supporting different teams it's gonna be hard to get a discussion going here unless there is a head-to-head match up...