What's new

NFL Discussion Thread - 2013

Just read on ESPN that next year the AFC West and NFC West play each other during the regular season next year. Nice to see the two best divisions play each other. Also mentions that the Rams are an up and coming team and will more than liekly make the playoffs. Some damn good games to be had between Denver, Seattle, S.F., K.C., Arizona, St. Louis and San Diego. Hahahaha Oakland. They are so hosed. Awesome.

Just read on ESPN that next year the AFC West and NFC West play each other during the regular season next year. Nice to see the two best divisions play each other. Also mentions that the Rams are an up and coming team and will more than liekly make the playoffs. Some damn good games to be had between Denver, Seattle, S.F., K.C., Arizona, St. Louis and San Diego. Hahahaha Oakland. They are so hosed. Awesome.

Now we can finally find out who the better team out of Denver and Seattle is!!

Now we can finally find out who the better team out of Denver and Seattle is!!

No, it's OK. They played a game once, nothing else should ever be done. They probably don't even need to play each other ever again.

No, it's OK. They played a game once, nothing else should ever be done. They probably don't even need to play each other ever again.

Well-- when the game is determining who is crowned world champs, one team clearly can step up to the plate and seize the opportunity.

Well-- when the game is determining who is crowned world champs, one team clearly can step up to the plate and seize the opportunity.

I agree. Seattle played a hell of a game and Denver didn't. Good for Seattle. they are the champs as they should be after that game. Normally UGLI has good points and argues them in a dumb/funny way which is part of his charm. This time he simply has a stupid point. Seattle is not 43-8 better than Denver. They simply are not. It was one game. Using that as diffinative proof is stupid. Like pointing to one game between San Antonio and Miami and saying whoever won that one game is clearly better. For that one game sure. But in general? It simply is not that cut and dry. If he wants to call that homerism then thats fine. Homerism it is.

I agree. Seattle played a hell of a game and Denver didn't. Good for Seattle. they are the champs as they should be after that game. Normally UGLI has good points and argues them in a dumb/funny way which is part of his charm. This time he simply has a stupid point. Seattle is not 43-8 better than Denver. They simply are not. It was one game. Using that as diffinative proof is stupid. Like pointing to one game between San Antonio and Miami and saying whoever won that one game is clearly better. For that one game sure. But in general? It simply is not that cut and dry. If he wants to call that homerism then thats fine. Homerism it is.

Actually, yeah it is definitely that cut and dry. Like, they tried to cut it and dry it more but it was already in tiny dried up pieces that could not withstand more cutting and drying. This process was performed on television in front of 100 million+ people and also a live studio audience. It was very well documented.

I'm going to leave you alone about this, but just know my head has exploded repeatedly throughout these conversations.

Actually, yeah it is definitely that cut and dry. Like, they tried to cut it and dry it more but it was already in tiny dried up pieces that could not withstand more cutting and drying. This process was performed on television in front of 100 million+ people and also a live studio audience. It was very well documented.

I'm going to leave you alone about this, but just know my head has exploded repeatedly throughout these conversations.

It does that over everything. It isn't that cut and dry but fine.

So what do each of you hope your team will do in the offseason?

For Denver O:

Manning appears to be coming back (according to extremely early interviews but we will see) Try to resign Decker (WR) but not if it breaks the bank. Go after Anquan Boldin if Decker moves on. Sign Moreno for cheap or let him go and move up Montee Ball (RB) into his place. Get Chris Clark (LT) back from injury and resign Zane Beadles (LG). Resign Trindon Holiday (KR).

Denver D:

Get Von Miller and Derek Wolfe healthy. Resign Shaun Phillips (DE), Rodgers-Cromartie (CB), Ihenacho (S), Harris (CB - if healthy) and reshape Bailey's contract for less that 10 million or let him go. Look at bringing in a free agent that is good at stop runs around the outside (Denver is great at stopping runs up the middle) and CBs.. Let Woodyard (LB) and Adams (S) go.

Draft:

Go after a S, CB, LB, QB perhaps a RB. Perhaps a new pass rusher to compliment Miller since Phillips is old.

Financially: Clear cap space with players like Bailey (CB), Tamme (TE), Dressen (TE) and Kuper (G). Gives them room to fill in holes and address some depth issues (RB, S).

So what do each of you hope your team will do in the offseason?

For Denver O:

Manning appears to be coming back (according to extremely early interviews but we will see) Try to resign Decker (WR) but not if it breaks the bank. Go after Anquan Boldin if Decker moves on. Sign Moreno for cheap or let him go and move up Montee Ball (RB) into his place. Get Chris Clark (LT) back from injury and resign Zane Beadles (LG). Resign Trindon Holiday (KR).

Denver D:

Get Von Miller and Derek Wolfe healthy. Resign Shaun Phillips (DE), Rodgers-Cromartie (CB), Ihenacho (S), Harris (CB - if healthy) and reshape Bailey's contract for less that 10 million or let him go. Look at bringing in a free agent that is good at stop runs around the outside (Denver is great at stopping runs up the middle) and CBs.. Let Woodyard (LB) and Adams (S) go.

Draft:

Go after a S, CB, LB, QB perhaps a RB. Perhaps a new pass rusher to compliment Miller since Phillips is old.

Financially: Clear cap space with players like Bailey (CB), Tamme (TE), Dressen (TE) and Kuper (G). Gives them room to fill in holes and address some depth issues (RB, S).

Priority #1: Make sure fax machine is working properly.

I agree. Seattle played a hell of a game and Denver didn't. Good for Seattle. they are the champs as they should be after that game. Normally UGLI has good points and argues them in a dumb/funny way which is part of his charm. This time he simply has a stupid point. Seattle is not 43-8 better than Denver. They simply are not. It was one game.

....I got news for ya...if Denver played Seattle 10 times on a neutral field....the Bronco's wouldn't win 1 game! They simply don't have the horses to beat the SeaHawks! IF they played a game in Denver, they could probably keep a couple of them close....but I still doubt seriously they could beat them! Denver had 2 weeks to prepare for this game...and still didn't show up! Football is different that basketball. You can pull an upset one game in basketball (have a fabulous shooting night, the other team has a bad shooting night) but in football, after 2 weeks of preperation, when you get your butt handed to you the way the Broncos did....you've got to go back to the drawing board and get at least a half dozen more guys with more talent, speed and brains!

Can't believe I didn't post during the superbowl while my hawks were slappin dat denver donkey *** all over metlife stadium. Really means so much to me, since I was born in Seattle, been a hawks fan my whole life. I've never tasted a championship before from my favorite professional sports teams (seahawks/jazz) and can honestly say that it was one of the best feelings ever. I hope the Jazz win one some day, but the parity in the NBA is so minuscule compared to the NFL. I think that's one of the reasons I enjoy the NFL more. It's A) more of a team sport than basketball, and B) ANYONE can win any given week (except if it's the Broncos offense going up against the best defense the NFL has seen since the '84 bears) .. Shout out the the Superbowl MVP, Peyton Man... erm.. Malcolm Smith. #LOB