What's new

NFL Kickoff - Vikings @ Saints

prodigy

NFL Kickoff

That Favre guy is back yet again and he's taking on the NFL champs New Orleans Saints for NFL kickoff on Thursday night. Thoughts?

Last edited:
No way Saints lose in that stadium right after hanging up their banner. That place goes absolutely insane.

Exactly. The SB winner has won 10 straight, the Vikes and Favre looked awful in the pre-season, no Rice or Taylor (highly underrated 3rd down, short yardage back).

Saints 31 Vikes 16

All-Day rushes for 130 yards and two touchdowns. Vikings win by two TD's

Haha this is great. I've always loved our little back-and-forth rivalry on this site over the Vikes and Pack because we're typically homeristic but with at least SOME objectivity but this is just ridiculous. I know how good of a team the Vikings CAN be with Favre in there, I saw that first hand in the form of two losses last year. I also have a hard time giving them no chance at all like the previous posters. They have a CHANCE to win (although it will be difficult not only for the losses that Serp stated above, but because Favre will not be as good this year as he was last) but claiming that they will win by two TD's is absolutely idiotic. Normally our rivalry is all in good fun, but this prediction is just a joke. Sorry buddy.

Haha this is great. I've always loved our little back-and-forth rivalry on this site over the Vikes and Pack because we're typically homeristic but with at least SOME objectivity but this is just ridiculous. I know how good of a team the Vikings CAN be with Favre in there, I saw that first hand in the form of two losses last year. I also have a hard time giving them no chance at all like the previous posters. They have a CHANCE to win (although it will be difficult not only for the losses that Serp stated above, but because Favre will not be as good this year as he was last) but claiming that they will win by two TD's is absolutely idiotic. Normally our rivalry is all in good fun, but this prediction is just a joke. Sorry buddy.

Despite a timely Favre pick and 3 fumbles by AP the Vikes damn near had that game won. I know, I know, almost only counts in blah, blah, blah...but still what do you want from me? I am a Vikings fan. Just as I would expect, and be disappointed if, it were the Packers and you did not pick them. The two TD's part I just pulled out of my ***. However, I think the Vikes have been force fed that bitter pill all off-season and will come out hostile. Allen, Williams, and the rest of the Purple People Eaters D have had to listen to how the Saints D beat Favre up for the last 8 months. AP said he re-watched the game after the loss to remember the feeling and has been working on the fumblitis all off-season, tell me that's not motivation to run it down their throats and control the clock. I think AP has a monster year this year, I think the Vikes come out fired up, and I think that all Super Bowl winners 10-0 in opening games means is that they are due to lose one. Go Vikings.

P.S. and yes, Thank God it's football season.

Exactly. The SB winner has won 10 straight, the Vikes and Favre looked awful in the pre-season, no Rice or Taylor (highly underrated 3rd down, short yardage back).

Saints 31 Vikes 16

I don't pay too much attention to the pre-season hype. I watch it because I'm football starved. It's a nice small window to gauge role players and rookies on an individual basis. By the way, I agree about Taylor. Losing him to a conference rival hurt more then the Sidney Rice injury.

Glad that Shiancoe is on my fantasy team. I knew he would have a big year since Rice is out.

I'm convinced that Brett Favre is a Lizard-Alien person. That's the only feasible explanation for his ability to pull off all the **** he does and remain an elite QB at age of an seasoned old man, but relatively young Lizard-alien guy.

Was working so I didn't get to watch it. Listened to the whole thing. Sounds like the Vikings O needs to step up. Sounds like their D played inspired. Sounds like Shiancoe will have a Pro-Bowl season...and yes I'm eating my crow right now.