What's new

NFL Talk

Manning to The Jets makes sense. I've always said The Jets were a win now team being run by a QB who was at best a maybe (and now appears to be a never-will-be)

How The Jets work though this in terms of payroll is a major question. I'm not an expert on NFL Cap rules, but The Jets have a **** ton of money dedicated to a lot of veteran players. Mangold and Ferguson are two of the highest paid OL in the NFL. Sanchez alone made 14mil last year. Who you cut/trade to make room for Manning without gutting your team would be a challenge.

Manning to The Jets makes sense. I've always said The Jets were a win now team being run by a QB who was at best a maybe (and now appears to be a never-will-be)

How The Jets work though this in terms of payroll is a major question. I'm not an expert on NFL Cap rules, but The Jets have a **** ton of money dedicated to a lot of veteran players. Mangold and Ferguson are two of the highest paid OL in the NFL. Sanchez alone made 14mil last year. Who you cut/trade to make room for Manning without gutting your team would be a challenge.

Manning there two or three years ago would make sense. Now? No, not in my opinion. They're no longer win now. Their offensive line needs major work and with a guy like Manning coming off a neck injury, that's not good. Burress is a free agent. Their running backs are average at best. Their defense has major questions along the line as well as at olb, where they get no pass rush from unless it's from some blitz package. Their safeties blow and killed them all year this year and, well, in short, Manning would only seemingly (for all we know, he may never heal and play again) help and not get them over the hump by any means. In my opinion anyway.

Manning there two or three years ago would make sense. Now? No, not in my opinion. They're no longer win now. Their offensive line needs major work and with a guy like Manning coming off a neck injury, that's not good. Burress is a free agent. Their running backs are average at best. Their defense has major questions along the line as well as at olb, where they get no pass rush from unless it's from some blitz package. Their safeties blow and killed them all year this year and, well, in short, Manning would only seemingly (for all we know, he may never heal and play again) help and not get them over the hump by any means. In my opinion anyway.

I like some of your points about the weaknesses of the Jets, but I think a lot of Manning's protection has to do with the offense he runs. His not being sacked (un-sackibility?), imo, is more of a product of the timing routes and audibles called.

It's all speculation at this point, but according to reports Santonio Holmes and the Jets locker room are unhappy with Sanchez. Were Peyton to roll in there I think that would make any team's offense blissfully happy. Also, while Shonn Greene is no kind of franchise running back, again, in the Manning system you don't need to be. Addai, Brown, and co are 3rd stringers on any other team.

In reality I doubt this ever happens.

Ryan has talked Sanchez up so much and Tannenbaum (The Jets GM) backed the Brinks Truck into Sanchez's driveway with his ridiculous contract. If they back-pedaled now and brought in Manning and that resulted in anything less than a Super Bowl appearance, it would probably cost both of them their jobs.

Only watched the last 6 minutes of the game, but Brady appeared inaccurate and his receivers had even worse hands. I laughed. Still no Superbowls since being caught cheating.

Time for the hoodie to start drafting/signing some defensive players. It's kinda hard to believe that at the start of this decade they had one of the league's most dominate defenses and a conservative offense.

Congrats to the G-men. And for those who doubt Eli, LOL, you people are morons. The dude punked the Packers, dumped the niners, and completed crucial throw after crucial throw against the Pats.

One last thing, how was Victor Cruz overlooked? He's the Paul Millsap of the NFL.

Time for the hoodie to start drafting/signing some defensive players. It's kinda hard to believe that at the start of this decade they had one of the league's most dominate defenses and a conservative offense.

Congrats to the G-men. And for those who doubt Eli, LOL, you people are morons. The dude punked the Packers, dumped the niners, and completed crucial throw after crucial throw against the Pats.

One last thing, how was Victor Cruz overlooked? He's the Paul Millsap of the NFL.

1). Defense didn't appear to be the problem. They held the Giants to 21 points, only 19 coming from offensive plays. That should be enough for a Tom Brady led offense to win a game.

2). There are tons of undrafted FA or super late picks in the NFL that end up being great players. Tom Brady, Marques Colston, Victor Cruz,etc.