What's new

NFL Talk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqi1F_cAmno

About 85 pages ago I said I'd be thrilled with 9 wins.

And I got it.

New York Football Giants baby.

Serious question, think the niners beat the pats? It took the Gmen some pretty sweet passes from Eli, a few nice grabs by Nicks (large hands), and one incredible grab by Cruz to dump the Pats. Think Alexis Smith and co put up enough points to beat T. Brady?

Serious question, think the niners beat the pats? It took the Gmen some pretty sweet passes from Eli, a few nice grabs by Nicks (large hands), and one incredible grab by Cruz to dump the Pats. Think Alexis Smith and co put up enough points to beat T. Brady?

I think the Niners, Saints, and Packers could have beaten the Patriots to be honest.

I think the Niners, Saints, and Packers could have beaten the Patriots to be honest.

I wonder???

On one hand, I thought the Niners were scary good.

On the other hand, the Pats looked pretty decent against the ground game. It was against the passing game that they showed vulnerability. Victor Cruz and Hakeen Nicks just went off.

Maybe Davis could have made some plays down field?

I think the Packers and Saints could have beaten NE.... They probably would have been more shoot-out games ending something like 35-21 or 35-28...

I think Frank Gore could have shredded the Patriots defense, that combined with their defense (especially only having to deal with an injured Gronk) would have been able to keep Brady off the field enough to get a win.

Probably correct. Which is why the Super Bowl was almost anti-climatic for me. The Giants had already beaten two teams that are better than The Pats just to get to SB. Even when The Giants were down I really felt it was only a matter of time before they would get the lead back

While The Pats had won 10 in a row, I think that's why a lot of folks were wondering why The Giants were underdogs in this game.

Only watched the last 6 minutes of the game, but Brady appeared inaccurate and his receivers had even worse hands. I laughed. Still no Superbowls since being caught cheating.

Still worth noting that they had not won a playoff game until this year since that time, either. And while they competed to the end with a great Giants team, it's not as though their playoff run was that impressive; blew out a Cinderalla team (Cinderella because everyone knew all along that they sucked) and won the next game by the grace of Billy Cundiff.

I love watching the Patcheatriots lose. Love it, love it, love it. Almost as much as watching the Broncos lose.

And Eli has made me a believer, I think. Whatever he does from here on out, he's had an incredible run and I can't imagine how he could become worse (although having Nicks, Manningham, and Cruz helps a whole lot).

Green is an above-average back at absolute worst. He's very, very good.

You obviously either don't watch football or know little about the Jets. Greene (not Green) averaged 4.2 per carry this year which is very average. He was 13th in the league in rushing, which also is very average, and that number looks even worse when you consider how many teams utilize two (or even three) backs and how many guys below him here (i.e., Peterson, McFadden, Forte, etc.) lost a ton of time due to injury. The guy is very average (or below average) and there are about 15-20 backs that I and I think most NFL GM's would rather ahead of him.

He's clueless and a crybaby. Truth hurt, Numerica? If I said Eli wasn't an elite qb and then he pretty much made me look like an idiot and prove me otherwise and someone called me out on it, I know I wouldn't bitch rep someone. Whatever makes you feel better. Moran.

Ben Jarvis Greene Ellis has never fumbled HIS ENTIRE CAREER. I think that stat along combined with "average" rushing numbers puts him at above-average.

Time for the hoodie to start drafting/signing some defensive players. It's kinda hard to believe that at the start of this decade they had one of the league's most dominate defenses and a conservative offense.

Congrats to the G-men. And for those who doubt Eli, LOL, you people are morons. The dude punked the Packers, dumped the niners, and completed crucial throw after crucial throw against the Pats.

One last thing, how was Victor Cruz overlooked? He's the Paul Millsap of the NFL.

Time to start? The Pats have drafted about 10 defensive players in the first three rounds of the draft over the last four or five years and virtually none have panned out too great.

Ben Jarvis Greene Ellis has never fumbled HIS ENTIRE CAREER. I think that stat along combined with "average" rushing numbers puts him at above-average.
Yeah I'd call Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis a solid back. Hard runner, great short-yardage guy but doesn't break long runs (zero 20+ yd runs this season) and is never on the field on 3rd-downs. For what the Pats ask of him, he gets the job done. I think Wes and Numberica were referring to Shonn Greene though - and he's pretty good but unless you're an elite back - you're only as good as your offensive line and the Jets offensive line isn't very good.

It was against the passing game that they showed vulnerability. Victor Cruz and Hakeen Nicks just went off.
Huge Giants fan, I thought NE did an outstanding job on Cruz - of course the doubled him by keeping a safety over the top on virtually every play which singled up Nicks on the other side, but they took away Cruz's big plays and his YAC which forced New York to methodically drive down the field, where we often stalled around the 40.

Serious question, isn't it all academic at this point?