What's new

Nice Article on Hayward

Interesting read - thanks for the post. Hayward is one of the more intriguing draft picks we have had in the past few years - a lot of discussion, disappointment, fear, excitement, curiosity, hope - the full range.

On a side note: who wins 3 on 3? Boozer, Korver, Matthews vs. Jefferson, Hayward, Bell?

Last edited:
I remember I was gonna post that article but something they said in there pissed me off I forget what lol

On a side note: who wins 3 on 3? Boozer, Korver, Matthews vs. Jefferson, Hayward, Bell?

Boozer struggles against players that have length on him (KG, Pau, etc). AJ + 5 pts
Korver can't handle the ball for ****. Hayward can. PUSH
Matthews has size on Bell.

Hmm. Let's go to the tape:
kyle-korver.jpg

RajaBell.jpg

The clear answer to this. Is there is absolutly no chance in hell Boozer can defend Jefferson down low

Interesting read - thanks for the post. Hayward is one of the more interesting draft picks we have had in the past few years - a lot of discussion, disappointment, fear, excitement, curiosity, hope - the full range.

Would Boozer be able to stop Jefferson even once? Bell would shut down Matthews. I'd give Korver the edge over Hayward for now. But give Flash a couple months of NBA experience and I think that completely reverses itself.

No, on second thought, I'd call it a draw. Korver needs to come off a screen or get the ball kicked out to him in the corner. Hayward showed in the OSL that he has some skills in taking the ball to the hoop. I think he could get around Kyle.

Hayward showed in the OSL that he has some skills in taking the ball to the hoop. I think he could get around Kyle.
Hayward could get around Kyle at will, then one of two things would happen:

Boozer would rotate and meet him at the basket and either block his shot or go enforcer-style and put him on the floor.
OR...
Hayward would score repeatedly. Boozer would point at Al Jefferson (even if he was standing 40 feet from the basket) and say "I had my guy."

.....Heyward and Bell are smarter than Korver and Mathews.....Jefferson would dominate Boozer in the post. On a "make it"...."take it" pick up game? Heyward boys 21......Boozer clowns 12.

hayward could get around kyle at will, then one of two things would happen:

Boozer would rotate and meet him at the basket and either block his shot or go enforcer-style and put him on the floor.
Or...
Hayward would score repeatedly. Boozer would point at al jefferson (even if he was standing 40 feet from the basket) and say "i had my guy."

exactly!!!

Interesting read - thanks for the post. Hayward is one of the more intriguing draft picks we have had in the past few years - a lot of discussion, disappointment, fear, excitement, curiosity, hope - the full range.

I would see Boozer and Jefferson as a wash as they both could score easily. Bell could shutdown Matthews but neither would be scoring a lot. So it would come down to the fact the Hayward can run a pick and roll with Jefferson effectively. Korver and Matthews don't hand the ball well enough to create.

OR...
Hayward would score repeatedly. Boozer would point at Al Jefferson (even if he was standing 40 feet from the basket) and say "I had my guy."

Thanks for the laugh.
Monte, I think I'll go with Door #2.

Boozer may not be able to shut down AL, but he also won't have any problem scoring down low on him. Korver at this point beats hayward especially if they are playing 3 on 3. Matthews beats bell because he's younger moves better and Bell is 40 with a wrist injury.

OR...

I dont think you give Boozer enough credit. I think he would also yell at Hayward--like ahhhhhhhhhhh!!! and hope the sound vibrations would make him cough up the ball.

Boozer struggles against players that have length on him (KG, Pau, etc). AJ + 5 pts
Korver can't handle the ball for ****. Hayward can. PUSH
Matthews has size on Bell.

Hmm. Let's go to the tape:
kyle-korver.jpg

RajaBell.jpg
It still irks me that people post this picture implying that Korver is soft. One thing I'd never question about Korver is his toughness.

People are now smoking kool-aid. If Bell is 1/2 the defender people on this board think he is we will be lucky. Raja is not what he was during his first tour of duty in Utah folks. Matthews is a better defender than Raja, he finishes better and he is more versatile. Right now I take Korver over Gordie hands down. The only advantage we have 3 on 3 is AJ.

It still irks me that people post this picture implying that Korver is soft. One thing I'd never question about Korver is his toughness.

You're right. He wasn't soft.

He was a shooter that was sometimes out of defensive position, hence the photos.

korver-plays-defense-2.jpg

And he was kind of a *****.

You're right. He wasn't soft.

He was a shooter that was sometimes out of defensive position, hence the photos.

korver-plays-defense-2.jpg

And he was kind of a *****.

I bet you didn't think he was a bitch when he took that charge on Billups in Game 2.

Apparently you didn't call him a bitch, but I think I'm close.

Smart play by Korver not to give Finley 3 FTs. Not sure about the McCants one since it's closer to the rim but he did what's right - never fouling a jumpshooter.