What's new

""No Gay Marriage" -- God" -- Religious nutjobs

Found this little wonder today:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/20/illinois-tornadoes-gay-marriage-_n_4309957.html

Robert Ritchie, Executive Director of America Needs Fatima, a project of the right-wing American Society for the Defense of Tradition, Family, and Property, has linked the deadly tornadoes to Illnois' approval of same-sex marriage earlier this month.

That's right, in 2013 people are still using forces of nature to try and strengthen their own opinions. We've come so far as a people...

In 1997 I was a Freshman in high school taking LDS Seminary. My then Seminary teacher once told us that although Utah has been projected to have a "huge" Earthquake anytime now, we haven't. And we haven't because the amount of Earthquakes an area has is directly related to the amount of sinning being done.

Anyone else have observations of religious folks telling tall tales like this?

I confess to thinking it was strange, when as an LDS missionary in the Philippines, I'd see novenas in the corners of living rooms or see devout but otherwise sensible pretty girls using a rosary. I guess that feeling isn't a lot different from ElRoacho thinking Bible Thumpers are strange.

explanations of human tragedies being the consequence of sin are staples of religious reasoning that rank right up there with global warming alarmists who, standing on a global temp spike that generally precedes the onset of a new ice age, are predicting that the oceans will rise fifty or two hundred feet as ice melts. . . . while at the same time claiming that the ice has already melted as proof of their argument. . . . and "scientists" who find no reticence in extrapolating evolutionary principles back to the big bang and forward to a world of totally managed populations of every species. . . .

religion has no monopoly on stupid.

... explanations of human tragedies being the consequence of sin are staples of religious reasoning that rank right up there with global warming alarmists who, standing on a global temp spike that generally precedes the onset of a new ice age, ...

There is so much wrong with this post, but on a completely different topic. Another day, perhaps.

I can start.

Global warming is a myth and a quasi-religious movement. Earth climate is set primarily by the solar cycle, and man's affect is negligible at best. Al Gore is a hack.