What's new

Non jazz 2019 playoff discussion.

Lulz at the idea that Gobert is the best center in the game or close to it.

He's certainly one of them. You'd never know watching him play against Houston though. Clint Capella continues to drink his milkshake.

I'd rather have Anthony Davis, but Gobert isn't a bad option either.

He's certainly one of them. You'd never know watching him play against Houston though. Clint Capella continues to drink his milkshake.

I'd rather have Anthony Davis, but Gobert isn't a bad option either.

Meh. He’s a ****ing zero on offense. I don’t give a **** what advanced analytics say. He gets some alley oops and offensive put backs. Color me unimpressed.

If we fail to acquare an allstar player, we should over pay a player like harris or potential 20+ ppg scorer. better to overpay than not spending anything

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Meh. He’s a ****ing zero on offense. I don’t give a **** what advanced analytics say. He gets some alley oops and offensive put backs. Color me unimpressed.
You are free to not give a **** about advanced analytics but they tell the truth.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

@Wes Mantooth
I know you don't care about stats but:
This playoff series
Capela points per game:11.5
Gobert points per game: 16.5
Capela rebounds per game: 11.0
Gobert rebounds per game: 12.0
Capela free throws: 0.5 for 1.5 per game (33%)
Gobert free throws:5.5 for 6.5 (85%)
Capela shooting percentage: 64.7%
Gobert shooting percentage: 68.8%
They play about the same minutes per game. (31 for capela and 32 for gobert)

The capela vs gobert matchup isn't what is killing the jazz.

Gobert averaging 16.5 and 12 on 69% shooting is not bad at all.

@Wes Mantooth
I know you don't care about stats but:
This playoff series
Capela points per game:11.5
Gobert points per game: 16.5
Capela rebounds per game: 11.0
Gobert rebounds per game: 12.0
Capela free throws: 0.5 for 1.5 per game (33%)
Gobert free throws:5.5 for 6.5 (85%)
Capela shooting percentage: 64.7%
Gobert shooting percentage: 68.8%
They play about the same minutes per game. (31 for capela and 32 for gobert)

The capela vs gobert matchup isn't what is killing the jazz.

Gobert averaging 16.5 and 12 on 69% shooting is not bad at all.

While I mostly agree, Goberts dominance on defense is what makes him the player that he is. I have yet to see or really feel that dominance or "Gobert effect". On the other hand I do think Capella is having a effect on our God awful offensive display.

Here are some raw stats for all the starting centers in the playoffs

Al horford is averaging 7 points and 10 rebounds on 38% from the field and 25% from three

Myles Turner is averaging 6.5 points and 5.5 rebounds per game on 38.5% from the field and 28.6% from three.

Enes kanter is averaging 13 and 11.5 on 50% from the field and zero percent from three.

Marc gasol is averaging 11 and 4.5 in 57 percent and 55 percent

Nikola vucevic is averaging 8.5 and 7 on 28.6% from the field and 25% from three

Steven Adams is averaging 16.5 and 9 on 68% from the field

Joel embiid is averaging 22.5 and 12.5 per game on 48% from the field and zero percent from three

Jarret Allen is averaging 8.7 and 5.7 on 61.5% shooting

Nikola jokic is averaging 17.7 and 11.7 on 50% from the field and 42% from three (and 9.7 assists!)

Jakob puetl is averaging 7 and 7 on 60% from the field and zero percent from 3.

Andrew bogut is averaging 4.7 and 8 on 75% from the field

Iviva zubac is averaging 6.7 and 7 on 56% from the field

Andre Drummond is averaging 15 and 14 on 50% from the field and zero percent from 3.

Brook Lopez is averaging 11 and 4.5 on 47% from the field and 37% from 3

Boogie is averaging 5.5 and 5.5 on 31% from the field and 33% from 3.

Gobert 16.5 and 12 on 69% shooting.

So out of 17 centers in these playoffs, if you account for defense as well, I would say that gobert is top 3. Embiid (who I already thought is better) would be 1st imo, jokic (who Rudy owns when they play each other) would be 2nd, and gobert 3rd.

Not too shabby.

Ding ding ding! Meanwhile Utah has a second year guard and a PG who can't shoot. I guarantee you if Gobert was on the Rockets no one would be taking about his shortcomings.

If Rudy was on the Warriors they would never lose! I said that a few years back and stand by it!

Rudy is clearly one of the great "what if he was on another team?" players in the league, because he's that good at what he does..