What's new

NON-JAZZ NBA PLAYOFF thread

I will say I am glad for Phoenix’s fans. They’ve put up with so, so many bad years and they’ve always been one of the better fan bases. And if it can’t be our small market team, I’m glad it’s their small market team.

I sure like what I saw from ty Lue in these playoffs.
Injuries really thinned his roster out but he got guys up for games and made some nice adjustments. Many of the clippers guys were worn down. Morris looked really really tired. Rightfully so. Small ball looks tiring.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I will say I am glad for Phoenix’s fans. They’ve put up with so, so many bad years and they’ve always been one of the better fan bases. And if it can’t be our small market team, I’m glad it’s their small market team.
Ya other than the jazz losing and all the injuries everywhere the playoffs have been great simply looking at what teams went the farthest

Anybody criticizing Conley when he was playing on a busted hammy should just stop talking now.
Maybe he should stretch before and after games so he doesn’t miss so many games? Or take a pay cut so we can improve this team? His contract is the biggest anchor around this franchise’s neck since AK47. The sooner we can get out of it, the better. Honestly, I wish we hadn’t traded for him. We could’ve gotten a lot more with the asserts we had.

Anthony Davis
LeBron James
Joel Embiid
Kyrie Irving
James Harden
Kawhi Leonard
Trae Young
Giannis

Just giving you a list of other players you can criticize for choking in this year's playoffs, by your definition of it.
You seriously comparing Conley to these guys? For real? What has Conley ever achieved in his career to be put in the conversation as those MVPs, FMVPs and all NBA level superstars? At least we've saw healthy versions of Kawhi, Lebron and AD bringing their teams the chip. What has Conley achieved in his playoffs career?

You seriously comparing Conley to these guys? For real? What has Conley ever achieved in his career to be put in the conversation as those MVPs, FMVPs and all NBA level superstars? At least we've saw healthy versions of Kawhi, Lebron and AD bringing their teams the chip. What has Conley achieved in his playoffs career?
The point, which evidently flew straight over your head, is that it's moronic to criticize a player for getting injured in a season like this one.

The point, which evidently flew straight over your head, is that it's moronic to criticize a player for getting injured in a season like this one.
It’s the same injury that took him out of games last year too. Sooooo… not sure if your point really makes sense when we’re just dealing with what seems to be a regular occurrence with him. This season wasn’t actually unique for Conley it wasn’t an outlier; it’s the norm. In fact, he played more games this year than last year.
C0E95122-5955-46C7-9966-C2874A95F3D9.jpeg

I think I speak for most here on this board, but it sure would be nice if we had a PG who wouldn’t miss 1/3rd of the year to injury. I’d go with a lesser player but who’ll actually be there for when we need him.

Last edited:
It's quite remarkable. All that pain is going to be worth it when they win the NBA title.

Meanwhile, in Utah, we're so painfully mediocre when the playoffs roll around that everything always just kinda comes to an end before the conference finals.

We're a fantastic regular season team and a **** playoff team. It's been this story now for almost 40 years.

The Suns are gonna win a title before we do. Pretty crazy. They probably were robbed of one when Horry decided to kill Nash. Then they went through some dark days. But they’ve bounced back and have built one nice team. Hell, 2 years ago they were garbage. They’ve improved. We… improved our record but haven’t done much in the playoffs since Mitchell blew up the Thunder in the first round his rookie year.

Sadly, I think the Blazers are a good comparison. We’re competitive but not really a threat to win anything.

I think he has played very good tonight.
These playoffs will probably be remembered as the Torrey Craig playoffs.
Jk.
Really though, I think he has been very good tonight.
Maybe the food poisoning cam Johnson got was a blessing in disguise. Monty wouldn't be playing Craig this much otherwise.

That’s kinda what he does... only three points but you saw him just grinding and hustling... it’s why I wanted him over Niang. He can not make any shots and still have a positive effect on a game... we have too many guys that can’t do that.

He was also free... sigh.

It’s the same injury that took him out of games last year too. Sooooo… not sure if your point really makes sense when we’re just dealing with what seems to be a regular occurrence with him. This season wasn’t actually unique for Conley; it’s the norm.
Putting aside the fact that this was only the second time in his career he's missed a series due to injury, the original context was the moronic assertion that Conley "choked" against the Clippers.