What's new

NON-JAZZ NBA PLAYOFF thread

I’m not crowning the Suns yet... this playoffs has been wild.
**** it.
I'm crowning them. It's their year. Bucks and Atlanta going to go 7 games while the suns rest. Bucks will win game 7 in triple overtime despite the fact that Giannis is out for the year. Then in game 1 of the finals tucker will get injured.
Suns sweep

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

wtf.gif

He tried to grab that first guys junk.

Seeing the Suns making it to the nba final just makes me even more disappointed and angry at the Jazz aka Frauds. They had very good opportunity this year and they blew it as usual. I applaud the Suns though, they eliminated two LA teams in the playoffs.

It's sure as hell something Utah wouldn't damn accomplish had they tried. I'm rooting for the Suns to win it all. They stepped up big time and delivered when other teams got in their way. Big props and respect!

Seeing the Suns making it to the nba final just makes me even more disappointed and angry at the Jazz aka Frauds. They had very good opportunity this year and they blew it as usual. I applaud the Suns though, they eliminated two LA teams in the playoffs.

It's sure as hell something Utah wouldn't damn accomplish had they tried. I'm rooting for the Suns to win it all. They stepped up big time and delivered when other teams got in their way. Big props and respect!
We were frauds. Feels therapeutic saying it.

The Suns are gonna win a title before we do. Pretty crazy. They probably were robbed of one when Horry decided to kill Nash. Then they went through some dark days. But they’ve bounced back and have built one nice team. Hell, 2 years ago they were garbage. They’ve improved. We… improved our record but haven’t done much in the playoffs since Mitchell blew up the Thunder in the first round his rookie year.

Sadly, I think the Blazers are a good comparison. We’re competitive but not really a threat to win anything.
That's what is depressing really... we all witnessed Don's incredible rookie year and have floundered his rookie contract so that the likes of Niang, Sefalisha, O'Neale, and Rubio could be starters. Lindsay should've been canned after that 2nd rockets loss. What a disgrace.

Putting aside the fact that this was only the second time in his career he's missed a series due to injury, the original context was the moronic assertion that Conley "choked" against the Clippers.
If going 1 for 8 and 2 for 13 isn't choking, I don't know what else to tell you. You think Lebron or Kawhi weren't called "chokers" when their teams lost and they were playing hurt? Go watch some videos of SAS roasting those guys on ESPN why don't you? How much did DL pay to have Conley on the team again?

But of course give as many excuses to Conley as you can, i'm sure he will appreciate it when he sign somewhere else this summer.

If going 1 for 8 and 2 for 13 isn't choking, I don't know what else to tell you. You think Lebron or Kawhi weren't called "chokers" when their teams lost and they were playing hurt? Go watch some videos of SAS roasting those guys on ESPN why don't you? How much did DL pay to have Conley on the team again?

But of course give as many excuses to Conley as you can, i'm sure he will appreciate it when he sign somewhere else this summer.
He could've also just not played and not put his long-term health at risk right before becoming a free agent.

Our fans suck.

For real. Basically all the best teams had injuries. So if our team was even half-legitimate, we could have won this year.

I will say though that winning the finals this year won't be considered that much of an achievement due to all of the injuries.

For real. Basically all the best teams had injuries. So if our team was even half-legitimate, we could have won this year.

I will say though that winning the finals this year won't be considered that much of an achievement due to all of the injuries.
On the contrary... Given the circumstances, you could say what the Suns did this year was much more impressive than what the Lakers did in winning their championship last year.

Durant literally joined the team with the best regular season record in the history of the game the very next season after they slaughtered his team in the playoffs and rode their coattails to a championship. So with his unearned rings, who is the better forward, Durant or Malone?

A ring's a ring, when it comes right down to it.

Malone will go down as maybe the best player to never get a ring. Ho-hum. While Durant is a champion finals MVP, nevermind that the dubs would have likely won whether he had been there or not.

So I would have happily taken the ring this year and celebrated it as if we had beaten the bulls and dubs in their primes back to back.

You are back with the hate, ugh? It does not dissipate even though he arguably was our best player in the first round. He played on one leg the last game against LA. It sucks but it's the gamble you take when trading for an aging star and going for a chip (see CP3 who always get injured but this season he has not lost a game). DL screwed the moves around the margins (Favors, Dok, Thomas, having no realiable insurance at pg, etc) while burning assets, that's where we lost a chance to the chip.

On the other hand, criticizing Lebron and Kawhi or other player when playing seriously injured is just plain stupid (and because SAS say it is right? Okay....)

These playoffs suck. The only team with no serious injury to their star player is the Suns. In any case, congrats to them.

Last edited:
On the contrary... Given the circumstances, you could say what the Suns did this year was much more impressive than what the Lakers did in winning their championship last year.
I respect what the Suns have done, but c'mon now. The Suns added Paul, Crowder and Craig to a team that had the best record after returning from COVID last year. They were the west 2 seed. And they have gotten to play....

The Lakers without AD
The Nuggets without Murray
The Clippers without Kawhi
And they'll play the Bucks without Giannis or the Hawks with banged up Trae and Capella

Oh, and due to these fortunate matchups, they have had the most rest and best health of any team during this condensed season/postseason.

If they win the title, I will applaud them. But for me, this will be like the Toronto title that comes with a little bit of an asterisk.

It does not dissipate even though he arguably was our best player in the first round. He played on one leg the last game against LA.
Are you talking about Conley? If so, c'mon man. I enjoy your posts. Always have. But to say that Conley is ever more than our 3rd best player in any scenario is freaking insulting to Don and Rudy.

Conley had a couple good games last year vs Denver but didn't come through when we needed him over that 3 game losing stretch.

Conley had a few good games vs Memphis this year. When we closed out Memphis, we didn't need him that last game when he supposedly re-aggravated his hammy. And of course he was absent in the Clippers series even when he did play that one game.

Conley disappointed us all because what matters is what you do in the playoffs. For $70 million over two years, 2 first rounders, Crowder, Grayson and Korver, he simply let us down.

Are you talking about Conley? If so, c'mon man. I enjoy your posts. Always have. But to say that Conley is ever more than our 3rd best player in any scenario is freaking insulting to Don and Rudy.

Conley had a couple good games last year vs Denver but didn't come through when we needed him over that 3 game losing stretch.

Conley had a couple good games vs Memphis this year. When we closed out Memphis, we didn't need him that last game when he supposedly re-aggravated his hammy. And of course he was absent in the Clippers series even when he did play that one game.

Conley disappointed us all because what matters is what you do in the playoffs. For $70 million over two years, 2 first rounders, Crowder, Grayson and Korver, he simply let us down.
Hi Lopo. I think we had this conversation before. Against Denver he averaged 20ppg. Even in game 7, when he shoot poorly, he played excellent defense on Murray and provided good playmaking. I didn't say he is the best player, but against Memphis he was arguably the most important one (of course with Rudy and Don). You said he only played two good games: not true. Even when he scored 11pts in game 5, he came big in the 4Q: remember the clutch steal followed by the dagger 3.

He ran the offense to perfection, elevating the team's offense (and other players) to another level. His defense was pretty good too. It should be pretty clear to everyone that our team is better with him on the floor. He was clearly missed against the Clips, who double teamed/trapped Don all series.

Regarding the price? All those are expendable, albeit good, role players and very late firsts. Conley was an all-star. A trade involves risks. I'll take it again. We are in the finals if we select Baine or pick up Craig. I don't really care about guys like Allen, Korver or Crowder.

Last edited:
Hi Lopo. I think we had this conversation before. Against Denver he averaged 20ppg. Even in game 7, when he shoot poorly, he played excellent defense on Murray and provided good playmaking. I didn't say he is the best player, but against Memphis he was arguably the most important one (of course with Rudy and Don). He ran the offense to perfection, elevating the team's offense (and other players) to another level. His defense was pretty good too. It should be pretty clear to everyone that our team is better with him on the floor. He was clearly missed against the Clips, who double teamed/trapped Don all series.

Regarding the price? All those are expendable, albeit good, role players and very late firsts. Conley was an all-star. A trade involves risks. I'll take it again. We are in the finals if we select Baine or pick up Craig. I don't really care about guys like Allen, Korver or Crowder.
I don't think Mike Conley played well against Denver at all. After he exploded in Game 3, when the entire team played well, he didn't play consistently well the remaining 4 games. He had a solid performance Game 6, but it wasn't enough. When Denver put Monte Morris in the starting lineup, Conley struggled.

As for Game 7, Don's 3rd quarter was one of the most amazing quarters of NBA basketball I have ever seen. He literally carried us offensively while shutting down Murray on the other end. It was a spectacle many don't talk about enough. In the 4th, he was able to still defend, but he faded offensively because he was exhausted. That's when Conley disappointed the most. That was his moment, and he failed.

Conley had a good series vs Memphis, but it still took Don coming back from injury to get us the wins necessary to advance. Conley is only an All Star because he got to play with Rudy and Don. What would Jrue have done? Or Chris Paul? Mike Conley is a good dude and a good player, but he flat out disappointed our franchise when we needed him most.

I respect what the Suns have done, but c'mon now. The Suns added Paul, Crowder and Craig to a team that had the best record after returning from COVID last year. They were the west 2 seed. And they have gotten to play....

The Lakers without AD
The Nuggets without Murray
The Clippers without Kawhi
And they'll play the Bucks without Giannis or the Hawks with banged up Trae and Capella

Oh, and due to these fortunate matchups, they have had the most rest and best health of any team during this condensed season/postseason.

If they win the title, I will applaud them. But for me, this will be like the Toronto title that comes with a little bit of an asterisk.
So... look closely at the Lakers Title Run in the bubble...

That run was littered with injuries to other teams and players opting out. The Lakers also shot WAY above their averages, and they got a 3 month break in between.

Miami's best players aside from Butler fell apart in Game 1 of the Finals due to injuries.

People putting an asterisk on the Suns this year should be putting an asterisk by the Lakers title last year.

I don't think Mike Conley played well against Denver at all. After he exploded in Game 3, when the entire team played well, he didn't play consistently well the remaining 4 games. He had a solid performance Game 6, but it wasn't enough. When Denver put Monte Morris in the starting lineup, Conley struggled.

As for Game 7, Don's 3rd quarter was one of the most amazing quarters of NBA basketball I have ever seen. He literally carried us offensively while shutting down Murray on the other end. It was a spectacle many don't talk about enough. In the 4th, he was able to still defend, but he faded offensively because he was exhausted. That's when Conley disappointed the most. That was his moment, and he failed.

Conley had a good series vs Memphis, but it still took Don coming back from injury to get us the wins necessary to advance. Conley is only an All Star because he got to play with Rudy and Don. What would Jrue have done? Or Chris Paul? Mike Conley is a good dude and a good player, but he flat out disappointed our franchise when we needed him most.
Well, I think we both see bastkeball with different glasses. Both Don and Conley took turns in defending Murray after Royce was burned all series long. Both did a great job. Conley didn't shoot well in game 7 but he dished some pretty good assists in the 4Q. I'm always looking at more than scoring. We lost that series because of perimeter defense, which wasn't addressed by the FO this offseason (and they deserve all the blame for it).

Conley has been an all-star caliber player for most of his career, before Rudy or Don. Give him credit when due. After struggling in the first season, he adapted his game nicely this one, finding the sweet spot between playmaking, playing off the ball. He learned how to play with Rudy, get himself free and shoot 3s off the dribble. His playmaking was superb all season long, including the playoffs. I hope he comes back at a discount.

That's what is depressing really... we all witnessed Don's incredible rookie year and have floundered his rookie contract so that the likes of Niang, Sefalisha, O'Neale, and Rubio could be starters. Lindsay should've been canned after that 2nd rockets loss. What a disgrace.
Niang and sefalosha were starters?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app