What's new

Not a rumor... trading 3rd & 12th for DET's 8th??

PrinceJL

Would you guys trade our 2 1st rounders to Detriot for Monroe ('10 7th), their 8th (Jimmer), & potential to swap 1st in '12??

I see this scenario if KOC believes that Harris is better than Knight/Kemba's upside. We acquire Monroe, who would be perfect in the high-post, thus make Jefferson expendable for maybe a Granger??

This is still a young & experienced team..
Harris / Jimmer
Hayward / Bell
(Granger) / CJ
Favors / Millsap
Monroe / Memo

Not sure Detroit does this.
Monroe has shown enough last season to believe he will be really good.
Why give up a rookie who has shown he can be a good player for another couple of unknown prospects?

Man, it's an interesting thought, but I don't know if our 3rd and 12th picks are worth Monroe and the 8th. Seems like it's too favored towards the Jazz. I just don't see the Pistons giving up such a solid future player.

Man, it's an interesting thought, but I don't know if our 3rd and 12th picks are worth Monroe and the 8th. Seems like it's too favored towards the Jazz. I just don't see the Pistons giving up such a solid future player.

You're kidding right? How can 7th & 8th pick be worth more in value to 3rd & 12th?

Here's a similar idea.
Would you give up Hayward and the #3 for Monroe and Detroits #8?

How can 7th & 8th pick be worth more in value to 3rd & 12th?

I'll put mine in bold to make my point as well, because apparently non-bold won't get across how stupid you feel someone is being.

Because Monroe (assuming that's what you meant by the "7th") is more proven than the unknown draftees in a weak draft So, no I'm not kidding....right.

Besides, comparing this draft to last year isn't really accurate. It's like saying this year's 9th overall pick will be as good as Hayward. I doubt it.

I agree with you MattMan.
Monroe could turn out to be better than the #3 and #12 of Jazz.
So Detroit would take a big risk making this trade.

I'll put mine in bold to make my point as well, because apparently non-bold won't get across how stupid you feel someone is being.

Because Monroe (assuming that's what you meant by the "7th") is more proven than the unknown draftees in a weak draft So, no I'm not kidding....right.

Besides, comparing this draft to last year isn't really accurate. It's like saying this year's 9th overall pick will be as good as Hayward. I doubt it.

Give me your 3rd & 12th, and I'll trade you 7th & 8th in any draft.

How about this?
Hayward and the #3 for Cavs #1 and #4?

Hell no. We are trading Hayward for a pg that only played 11 games, or a pf who thinks he is a sf, or a center that plays no defense...well, actually, he doesn't play at all, or a pg that took their team deep in the tourney but had high turnovers and low shooting % (Knight or Walker). No thank you. I will keep Hayward, because I know what he is, and take a chance with one of those guys instead of two.

Could you imagine this as far as risk goes:

pg - Irving - only played 11 games
sg - ?
sf - Williams - may not be a sf, but a small pf
pf - Favors - has a ton of potential, but who knows?

That is a ton of potential, but a ton of risk. I don't know if any gm would put their neck that much on the line. That being said, if those players turned out...then maybe I would come back and when jazzfanz crashes again, claim I wanted to do this trade.

Give me your 3rd & 12th, and I'll trade you 7th & 8th in any draft.
If they're all unknowns. The difference is Monroe has prven himself somewhat after 1 season. he's gone from ? to solid pick.

Same with Hayward. There's no way I would trade him for this year's 1st. Irving, Kanter and DWIll all have
too much risk. I think we know Hayward can be a starter. That's more than can be said about any of the projected lottery picks this year.

The 7th Pick in last year's draft would of probably went top 3 in this draft. Greg Monroe is a beast. Anyone in their right minds would trade 3 and 12 for a proven big man and 8.
n
This statement about comparing the two drafts on equal footing is debateably true, but your second statement is certainly true: "including hindsight in last years draft is worth more than drafting 3rd and blind in this years draft."

I would trade for Greg Monroe. I would like PKM to add his two cents to this. Is Kanter GOING TO BE better than Monroe IS? Monroe averaged 9.5pts/7.5rebs over rookie year (14.74 EFF) (And he was 13/10 over March/April - an upward trend)

The 7th Pick in last year's draft would of probably went top 3 in this draft. Greg Monroe is a beast. Anyone in their right minds would trade 3 and 12 for a proven big man and 8.

Hey just a question - do you give people Negative Rep just because you don't agree with their opinion?

Put forward a proper argument and let's debate it in here on merit before just willy nilly give out Negative Rep for no good reason.

If you really think Monroe is better than Kanter then let's hear your reasoning - I for one would be interested in hearing your opinions.

That's what these forums are for - discussions.

Hey just a question - do you give people Negative Rep just because you don't agree with their opinion?

Put forward a proper argument and let's debate it in here on merit before just willy nilly give out Negative Rep for no good reason.

If you really think Monroe is better than Kanter then let's hear your reasoning - I for one would be interested in hearing your opinions.

That's what these forums are for - discussions.

You want to know why Monroe is better than Kanter? Because he has played in the NBA. Everyone thought Kwame Brown (1st Overall Pick) was the next KG. No he wasn't. Monroe's last 20 games or so have been great, 12 points and 9-10 rebounds is great in only 27-30 minutes of action especially when he's only a rookie. He was averaging near 2 steals a game also.