What's new

Not a rumor... trading 3rd & 12th for DET's 8th??

You want to know why Monroe is better than Kanter? Because he has played in the NBA. Everyone thought Kwame Brown (1st Overall Pick) was the next KG. No he wasn't. Monroe's last 20 games or so have been great, 12 points and 9-10 rebounds is great in only 27-30 minutes of action especially when he's only a rookie.

There's no question Greg Monroe has put up solid numbers over the past year. He will IMO continue to be a solid PF/C in the NBA.

Having said that, I would pick Kanter because he appears have more upside with his offensive arsenal.

He has the size and length to be a big in the NBA. On top of that he can score inside, he can stretch the floor with a 3pt range, and can get to the line and make foul shots.

Monroe is a safe pick IMO - we already have someone similar in Favors.

But if you want a potential game winner of a player, that rare someone who can hit that shot with 5 seconds left in the game? I'd have to go with Kanter.

There's no question Greg Monroe has put up solid numbers over the past year. He will IMO continue to be a solid PF/C in the NBA.

Having said that, I would pick Kanter because he appears have more upside with his offensive arsenal.

He has the size and length to be a big in the NBA. On top of that he can score inside, he can stretch the floor with a 3pt range, and can get to the line and make foul shots.

Monroe is a safe pick IMO - we already have someone similar in Favors.

But if you want a potential game winner of a player, that rare someone who can hit that shot with 5 seconds left in the game? I'd have to go with Kanter.

I agree that Kanter has a much better offense game than Monroe. Ulimately, if you look at the NBA combine results Monroe and Kanter are extremely similar players physically but they have vastly different playing styles. I think Kanter has the potential to be a better player than Monroe but at this time, you have to say Monroe is better than Kanter until Kanter proves himself.

This would be tough to call either way. Its trading a couple of maybe's for a couple of maybe's. I personally would be content either way. You cant really start this post with "Not a Rumor", anything is a rumor until it is done and set in stone. Even if we do trade our picks down, theres no real telling who we are going to draft. The Jazz will be targeting on two players this draft as with all teams, but making a move like this doesnt guarantee who you are going to get. If they did do this, it could work out, or backfire. Every team has really got their work cut out for them in this draft. You could see a projected 8, 9, or 10 move to a 4, 5, or 6. Or vise versa. Im excited for our draft and for the building of the team. It will be interesting to see how teams panned out with their decisions come november-december.