What's new

Not to beat the dead horse but...

Utesnjazz

Guys this Injury thing is driving me crazy as I am sure it is most of you as well. Specifically Favors what the hell is going on with this guy? So he's been suffering from a bone contusion in his knee (from what I understand). Are the any medical peeps out there that know how serious this is? Is it Something that happens with structurally unsound knees? Or is it just a pain thing that you can play with. Obviously we need favors if we want a chance against the clippers. I am beginning to question our training staff. I mean seriously they either don't know what they are doing, or they are withholding injury information (which makes players look bad). I am just pissed how this franchise has handled Favors. It's like before this year started everyone wanted to hand over the reigns to Lyles. Which is fine, but if that's the case move favors while he has high trade value.We could have traded him last year and would have gotten quite a few assets for him. But instead we will likely get nothing for him as he is so often injured.

Whatever happens this year if he comes back 100 healthy next season he's a gem. We'd be so sorry if we traded him at a low. Like you say we don't know the specifics, but as long as it's not permanent Favors is a big time strong forward in this league, still young even.

If he had a 3pt shot he'd be one of the top 4s in the game, but with a solid mid range jumper I say we keep him around.

What happened to Favors?

Do you want the official reports,the company line, the apologist view point, the critical observer, the conspiracy theory, or the fans rants?

Official Report- He has a bruised knee.
Company Line- It is better to have him fully healthy for the playoffs.
Apologists- the knee was septic with gangrene, Favors is a super human for playing so long on it.
Critical Observer- The Jazz training staff does not know how to treat bruises.
Conspiracy Theory - Favors got caught smoking the wacky weed again, the "injury" will keep him out 20 games.
Fans- He could play if he wanted to, so clearly he doesn't want to play.

Whatever happens this year if he comes back 100 healthy next season he's a gem. We'd be so sorry if we traded him at a low. Like you say we don't know the specifics, but as long as it's not permanent Favors is a big time strong forward in this league, still young even.
Okay, but when was the last time he was 100% healthy (hint: it's at least a few years)? If your argument is based on what-ifs, it's not a very strong one.

I don't know wtf happened, but he played with zero lift in every game this season, has himself stated that he feels like he's playing on one leg, hasn't defended as well as usual, hasn't finished as well, *and* his jumpshot has been off.

The only silver lining has been the offensive emergence of Rudy. This really is a nightmare situation, because Derrick provides such a wrinkle of versatility for this squad. He's the key to a matchup with the Clippers or the Spurs. Each series is a toss-up without him.

If we matched up with the Rockets, JJ would have held down the fort at the 4 with ease. As it stands, it might be Gordon who has to guard Blake.

I don't know wtf happened, but he played with zero lift in every game this season, has himself stated that he feels like he's playing on one leg, hasn't defended as well as usual, hasn't finished as well, *and* his jumpshot has been off.

The only silver lining has been the offensive emergence of Rudy. This really is a nightmare situation, because Derrick provides such a wrinkle of versatility for this squad. He's the key to a matchup with the Clippers or the Spurs. Each series is a toss-up without him.

If we matched up with the Rockets, JJ would have held down the fort at the 4 with ease. As it stands, it might be Gordon who has to guard Blake.

Yeah that's the thing is when you watch him he looks like he's lost all his jumping ability. To me it looks like he has degenerate knee problems. And the jazz keep saying it's a bruised knee.

Is Favors, Hill and Hood out just to make sure they are ready for the playoffs? If the playoffs were starting tonight, would they still be out?

Is Favors, Hill and Hood out just to make sure they are ready for the playoffs? If the playoffs were starting tonight, would they still be out?
I think they would play now if we were in the playoffs already. No one really knows though.

Favors runs funny - it's something I noticed immediately the first time I saw him play at Georgia Tech.

It's almost like he's running on his tippy toes.

I can't help but wonder if this is causing the problem; but you'd think people who do this for a living (e.g. The Jazz training/medical staff) would recognize this as a problem.

Favors runs funny - it's something I noticed immediately the first time I saw him play at Georgia Tech.

It's almost like he's running on his tippy toes.

I can't help but wonder if this is causing the problem; but you'd think people who do this for a living (e.g. The Jazz training/medical staff) would recognize this as a problem.
To me it looks like he runs like he has back pain all the time. When my back is hurting I run like favors does.

To me it looks like he runs like he has back pain all the time. When my back is hurting I run like favors does.

All of this... he's always had a hunched over and slightly awkward gait. These issues may have something to do with it... I also think our training staff is not great. We need to look at what Miami and some other groups are doing... he has to drop weight imo... get super lean even if it costs some strength and muscle mass.

I think fundamentally the league has passed Favors by too... he's the new tweener imo... not big enough to cause havoc on defense... not nimble enough to chase around the draymond green types... and really doesn't hurt you much to have a smaller guy on him. He needs to function as a center roll man on offense.

I just don't see us as a good fit anymore would be nice to evaluate it when he's healthy but LT I think the writing is on the wall.

Last year's injuries weren't that much better. It's probably time to reevaluate the P3 findings/analysis.

They've had some wins... but i wonder overall if they need to look at decreasing the force and torque these guys are putting on the bodies.

It has been said that he will be integrated into the team last few games. I expect some minute restriction. Tony Jones said that he is %100 coming back before yhe playoffs.

Very few big men in NBA history have come back from such a litany of injuries to have any kind of impact on the game. Heck few players in general. I do not hold out much hope we will ever get the Favors back that we had before. Nagging leg injuries in big men tend to get worse as they age. Unfortunately that is probably the reality of it.

Very few big men in NBA history have come back from such a litany of injuries to have any kind of impact on the game. Heck few players in general. I do not hold out much hope we will ever get the Favors back that we had before. Nagging leg injuries in big men tend to get worse as they age. Unfortunately that is probably the reality of it.

Litany of injuries? He hasnt even had a major surgery once in his career.

Derrick Favors is not dead .. he's just been hibernating .. Next year he'll awaken and become a beast again ....

Litany of injuries? He hasnt even had a major surgery once in his career.

Litany means many does not speak to severity. But they have been severe enough he's missed most of the season.

It's like before this year started everyone wanted to hand over the reigns to Lyles. Which is fine, but if that's the case move favors while he has high trade value.We could have traded him last year and would have gotten quite a few assets for him. But instead we will likely get nothing for him as he is so often injured.

NO! Not everyone wanted to hand over the reigns to Lyles. And no it's not fine. Trading Favors last year would have been dumb if Lyles is the replacement. I think that has to be absolutely clear by now. Utah's best hope to compete at this point is to hope Favors can give us something in the playoffs.