What's new

Notes from the bench.

Had floor seats for Nets-Jazz about six years ago. I think there was about two rows of chairs and then MsSerp and I were in the first row of immovable seats right behind them. AWESOME EXPERIENCE. Especially since it was free through her work.

I've had the chance to go to a couple of Clippers vs. Jazz games at the Staples Center and sit in a luxury box (courtesy of an attorney friend). Was nice, but I'd prefer floor seats.

I sat row 7 versus the Sixers. I'll post a few pictures soon. Thanks for posting your observations.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

I've had the chance to go to a couple of Clippers vs. Jazz games at the Staples Center and sit in a luxury box (courtesy of an attorney friend). Was nice, but I'd prefer floor seats.

Agreed. I sat at the 50 yard line in a box for a couple arena football games out here in Trenton, NJ over a decade ago. It was a cool experience, just not the up close and intimate one that feels sort of special. That reminds me, Troy Vincent was in the box next to us (he owned the box through his company--I remember it said something like TV Construction or something) and I could see him 25 feet away when I was sitting in the front row of the box. I didn't say anything though. I never was that type of fan.

Agreed. I sat at the 50 yard line in a box for a couple arena football games out here in Trenton, NJ over a decade ago. It was a cool experience, just not the up close and intimate one that feels sort of special. That reminds me, Troy Vincent was in the box next to us (he owned the box through his company--I remember it said something like TV Construction or something) and I could see him 25 feet away when I was sitting in the front row of the box. I didn't say anything though. I never was that type of fan.
Troy vincent miami db?

When I was in college back in the 90's a girl who knew I was a big Jazz fan asked me out and told me she was taking me to a Jazz game. "Hell Yes!" said I. We get to the arena (I drove) and started to look for parking. She tells me that we have reserved parking and directs me there, I'm thinking, "Wow, I might be sitting lower bowl!" Turns out they were her Uncle's tickets and he is out of town. We get to the arena and instead of heading up the stairs, we start moving down. I'm all thinking maybe ten or twenty rows up. It turns out I am sitting first row on the floor, underneath the basket, next to that crazy Doctor guy. Dude whoops out a duffel bag, because that kind of thing was OK back then, and offers me a flag to wave on free throws and one of those smaller megaphone things. I'm still in shock. At the first free throw, he starts talking to the players and tells me to do it too. SO at some point I'm trash talking Matt Gieger (he is even uglier up close) telling him how Karl is going to destroy him. Karl smiled and Gieger smirked at me, or in retrospect probably the doctor guy, because the players probably hate that guy. It was sooooo awesome, and I know I'll probably never get to something like that again, but I lived the dream for a night at least. Also, I got the VIP buffet at half time. Dated the girl for a while, but there weren't any more tickets and we broke up.

I cannot divulge all of my secrets but I have been fairly fortunate in the Lower bowl seats department.

For this game it was my son's 4th birthday so we wanted it to be special for him. My wife talked to her friend who knows somebody and got us passes as "bench warmers" to watch the Jazz warmup. Then we went to our regular seats for the game. Right at the end of the second quarter our season ticket rep came and found us and said we have some seats available to upgrade you guys and told us they wanted to make his day special. He walked us down to the lower bowl and all the way around the arena to the portal in the corner behind the bench then handed us the tickets and head down to row 1. We seriously could not believe it. I don't know if it was my Rep or my wife's friend's hookup that got us those seats.

Prior to that I had been given row 2 seats to the clippers preseason game this year sitting across from the Dr.
My wife's uncle sent a message out on facebook asking if anyone wanted his tickets to a game and they turned out to be row 7 which we didn't know till we got there.

Those are my stories of my seating experiences. I know I am very fortunate to have sat where I have it is pretty awesome and the game is different that close.

One suggestion to anyone who wants that experience head to the open scrimmage that they do every year show up early and get in line we have sat on the 2nd-4th rows every time we have gone. I know it is not an official game but it is still pretty cool.

Had floor seats for Nets-Jazz about six years ago. I think there was about two rows of chairs and then MsSerp and I were in the first row of immovable seats right behind them. AWESOME EXPERIENCE. Especially since it was free through her work.

I hear that, I haven't paid for tickets to sporting events in years. Went to The Knick-Jazz game at MSG and sat in one of my vendor's private suites - unbelievable.

I sometimes sat about two rows behind the Clippers bench (right behind the team doctor and his family and next to Penny Marshall) because my sister's law firm had season tickets. It was fun for a game or two, but Coach Dunlevy always stood for most of the game and would always block the view/angle to the far side of the court. I thought they were great seats for the casual fan who just wanted a unique experience but not great for a fan who really wanted to see the game.

I sometimes sat about two rows behind the Clippers bench (right behind the team doctor and his family and next to Penny Marshall) because my sister's law firm had season tickets. It was fun for a game or two, but Coach Dunlevy always stood for most of the game and would always block the view/angle to the far side of the court. I thought they were great seats for the casual fan who just wanted a unique experience but not great for a fan who really wanted to see the game.

I agree with that aspect my view was blocked a lot more than my upper bowl view and I could not easily look at the massive TV.

The best seats I've ever had was sitting among the players' families. The seats aren't really that great, kind of kiddy corner from the Jazz bench so you're right on the corner of the floor about 15-20 rows up. Seriously thinking about saving up big time for floor seats to a game.

I want to do that at least once too, it's gotta change your perspective on a lot of things. For one they say that the game speeds up quite a bit, and you get to see more details, and how rough the game actually is. Remember we're sorting out 'excellent' players from 'good' ones, 'average' ones and 'bad' ones, when they're all superb athletes that would kick our *** any day of the week.

I hear that, I haven't paid for tickets to sporting events in years. Went to The Knick-Jazz game at MSG and sat in one of my vendor's private suites - unbelievable.

Yeah, her company doesn't really get those tix any more. Or maybe they just get them less and don't give em out to employees at all and save them only for clients.