What's new

Game Thread Nov 04, 2023 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Wolves

Added to Calendar: 11-04-23

The rhythm and good vibes of last year are in a funk and we have a lot of guys that feed off of that. We also have a lot of youth that feeds off it as well.

Sent from my SM-G996U using JazzFanz mobile app

This team makes me miss Rudy Gay.

I said this same thing a bit earlier in the Discord chat. I am also serious. This team needs any veteran leadership that we lost in him and Mike. Rebuild without correct kinda veterans is going to fail. We need them sooner or later.

Tough game. Wacthing it at least to me felt inevitable that Wolves were gonna run away at some point. I think we hit a lot more 3s than we should have had in the 1st half based on quality of looks, which is what helped keep it close. But in the 2nd half reality came back to bite us and we missed those shots.
  • Ant played like he had an open layup line all game
  • No one from our side could really handle KAT once he got the ball (we tried at least Collins, Lauri and KO on him)
  • THT, KO, Kessler, Clarkson and Sexton all had rough games
  • Collins also had a rough game defensively, especially vs KAT
  • Lauri was not at his best either outside of that 1st quarter barrage that kept us in the game
  • George and Ochai were positives to me, and I would say this was Ochai's best of the season thus far. Good for him.
Credit to Minny defense for being super stout. They play awesome man to man and help. When they hit that 3 point barrage stretch in the 3rd I knew it was game over.

Minny defense is elite right now. Rudy is a big part of it but others as well. If they can maintain this level, they will be very good. Game was over in the 3rd after KAT got hot and score a cpl of 3 and FT. IT's not a shame to loose against Minny when they are at this level. Next 2 or 3 games will be pivoting games for me. They are winnable.

This was some ugly ****. Either get a real pg or promote Key. Either tank or actually try for the play in. Stop pretending THT or Sexton can start at pg. move JC back to the bench if he can’t figure out how to be efficient. This offseason wasn’t great.

Went to a friend's house last night and he didn't have kjzz so I pulled up the game on my phone but only watched a little. Probably like 10 minutes of gameplay.
Picked a good one to miss it looks like

Belated takes:

- Will Hardy's coaching is broken. Half the time I have no idea what he's thinking. His rotations are bizarre, he uses the zone for no reason at all, he gives big minutes to guys who play the exact type of basketball he (apparently) hates.

- Kelly Olynyk is shooting well over 40% from the perimeter. Every wide open shot he passes up is a crime. Dude needs to get his **** together. If he doesn't take that shot, it'll probably go to THT, and nobody wants that... except the other team and THT himself. In other news: Olynyk had a real stinker of a game. This was one of those where he seems to be half asleep or on drugs. But that's all part of the KO experience.

- I'm seriously afraid that Keyonte will start picking up bad habits from our unholy 3-headed combo guard monster. That's reason alone to dump at least two of these guys.

- Another sighting of Facilitator Lauri. He was hitting guys in great spots but their shots mostly weren't dropping. IMO this is encouraging and shows that LM can in fact create with the ball in his hands if he keeps things straightforward.

- If I'm a #1 option like Lauri and get that many last second hand grenades lobbed at me by guys who have spent the preceding 23 seconds pounding the air out of the ball, I'm letting the guilty parties hear about it.

- Walker, my man... just dunk the ball. Please. I get that you like doing those pretty reverse layups, but you're a 7 footer. It's time to let that stuff go.