What's new

Game Thread Nov 06, 2023 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Bulls

Added to Calendar: 11-06-23

If they are serious about winning they will make a move. You are correct that is the next transaction window but getting too far behind would be a mistake. If they don’t try to do something (desperate or not) then they really aren’t serious about making the playoffs this year.
The Jazz arent going to make minor moves unless it's a freebee. There's no single move on the margins that would drastically change this team.

The Jazz arent going to make minor moves unless it's a freebee. There's no single move on the margins that would drastically change this team.
Okay... these are two things but they are two things that are unrelated to the topic. Not sure if you consider making a move for Brogdon or Tyus Jones "moves on the margin" but looking at the differential between the starting lineup with Kessler and the starting lineup with KO... I think there are some medium moves that could help a lot. Those moves don't always happen this time of year but there is nothing that says they can't.

There is a saying (I think Locke used it this AM) that you can't win much of anything the first 25 but you can lose something in the first 25. Its a platitude but essentially if we end up 8-17 the first 25 we may as well pack it up. It will get late early in the Western Conference.

Okay... these are two things but they are two things that are unrelated to the topic. Not sure if you consider making a move for Brogdon or Tyus Jones "moves on the margin" but looking at the differential between the starting lineup with Kessler and the starting lineup with KO... I think there are some medium moves that could help a lot. Those moves don't always happen this time of year but there is nothing that says they can't.

There is a saying (I think Locke used it this AM) that you can't win much of anything the first 25 but you can lose something in the first 25. Its a platitude but essentially if we end up 8-17 the first 25 we may as well pack it up. It will get late early in the Western Conference.
I would consider Jones a move on the margins and Brogdon a bigger move outside the margins.

Jazz allowed 123 points in just 95 Minnesota possessions on Saturday.“We’ve got way too many moments where we’re not doing a good job on the ball. We’re not doing a very good job with secondary defenders. The activity has been pretty lackluster in general,”coach Will Hardy said.

Somebody tell Kessler he don’t need to always go for the block. He can hold his ground too and just make it uncomfortable for the offensive player

We come out with nice ball movement, everything going well, then JC gets greedy.