What's new

Game Thread Nov 08, 2023 05:00PM MT: Jazz at Pacers

Added to Calendar: 11-08-23

It's legitimate. THt sets up Lauri better than anyone on the team. With Keyonte starting we got a more passive backcourt that left JC dominante the shots taken.

Lauri had 24/9 on 50% from the field and 3/5 from 3. It was hardly his worse game. I bet Keyonte had more potential assists tonight than THT has had in a game all year.

Lauri had 24/9 on 50% from the field and 3/5 from 3. It was hardly his worse game. I bet Keyonte had more potential assists tonight than THT has had in a game all year.
I doubt that.

Lauri was efficient, but he needed more shots. We still have an epidemic of over penetrating guards.

Keyonte/Ochai starting is fine, but if they are both extremely passive like they were today it will just mean Clarkson is shooting a ton of shots

I doubt that.

Lauri was efficient, but he needed more shots. We still have an epidemic of over penetrating guards.

Keyonte/Ochai starting is fine, but if they are both extremely passive like they were today it will just mean Clarkson is shooting a ton of shots

Clarkson played well tonight though. I think he was feeling it and took more shots than normal.

I would like to see more keyonte moving forward. He need to take more shots. Clakrson did most of the heavy lifting
He's trying to be a play organizer and PG. He will eventually learn the balance, but the emphasis is on organization currently

I only caught part of the game but Agbaji should not be considered a long term starter on this team. Sorry. He's fine to provide a bit of shooting and defense in a bench role but they need to find a bigger 2 way wing with some playmaking ability to eventually put in this lineup.

I only caught part of the game but Agbaji should not be considered a long term starter on this team. Sorry. He's fine to provide a bit of shooting and defense in a bench role but they need to find a bigger 2 way wing with some playmaking ability to eventually put in this lineup.
Ochai has perfect size. He's pretty huge. We just need someone who is better. His size is a strength

Was on the Pacers feed when Ochai blocked the transition layup. Indiana announcer was cackling about how it’s an obvious “hack” and he put him in the stands… said it was ridiculous to challenge… then of course got real quiet when it was changed.

Sexton needs to go. Multiple times Lauri visibly got frustrated with him not passing the ball and worse not even looking up. He just gets his stupid serious eye look and the rest of the team might as well walk back he is driving.

THT had his usual ups and downs. But he was okay and I'm okay with him getting 15-20 off the bench that is his role.

Dunn was decent again he needs more minutes.

Keynote had some rookie moments but overall it was a solid start as a starter. He needs to be a little more aggressive.

Simone was pretty solid off the bench and had great hustle.

We sorely missed Kessler. We got beat up inside.

Collins was pretty good this game again. He was worth the addition.

That was a bad game from Ochai he made some bad mistakes and didn't add much else. His defense and rebounding was okay I guess.

Clarkson was better but he still was pretty bad. He had awful turnovers and not very efficient but it was an improvement and that meant we played closer this game. He is trying to do too much. But I guess we need it. You can't really have Clarkson and Sexton on the same team.

We need to feed Lauri more. We also need to get the ball to miss matches especially bigs who have sealed off small guys, but we can't.

Decent game though I think we will still get rolling at some point but we really need roster balancing trade/s sooner than later. We can't just wait for a big trade.

Clarkson went into iso mode again with 6 turnovers, and although he got a lot of points, he wasn't efficient (except he was perfect from the free throw line tonight). He had 26 shot attempts compared to Lauri's 16 shot attempts. Not ideal when Lauri is one of the most efficient in the league and Clarkson is below average. Iso balling and turnovers means lost games.

Key is playing not to get benched… it’s not a horrible strategy but he passed up about 5-6 opportunities to pull-up for a three.

Also not a good sign that Jarace Walker can’t even get minutes over journeymen like Nesmith and Smith… top ten picks that can’t get minutes are auto busts.

Clarkson went into iso mode again with 6 turnovers, and although he got a lot of points, he wasn't efficient (except he was perfect from the free throw line tonight). He had 26 shot attempts compared to Lauri's 16 shot attempts. Not ideal when Lauri is one of the most efficient in the league and Clarkson is below average. Iso balling and turnovers means lost games.
At least shots went in tonight but yeah… that dude loves to dribble.

Its been a pet peeve of mine for a while. Its kind of on the coach. It hardly ever works out. Just work to get a good one.
Problem with that is often you will work to get a good one and not get one as good as the quick one anyway. I like the 2 for 1.

I don't mind it. Sexton can shoot. The Jazz half court offense isn't some highly efficient machine. We are as likely to turnover than find a better shot
Just saw this. Ya, i agree.