What's new

Game Thread Nov 21, 2022 08:30PM MT: Jazz at Los Angeles Clippers

Added to Calendar: 11-21-22

The charge call was the right call you guys.

I think the rule is stupid as hell, but that IS the rule.

View: https://twitter.com/andyblarsen/status/1594931374582304769

Fine but they dont ever call it that way.
To get a charging call in real life and not on paper you USUALLY have to be set and waiting for the offensive player to crash into you. Refs usually side with the offensive player and the defensive player had to go to great lengths to get the call. OR the offensive player has to extend thier arm out greatly or something.

The call might be right according to what is written on paper in a rule book but the call was wromg in comparison to how its typically called.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

So you’re telling me as long as someone is in legal guarding position and they get bumped it’s an offensive foul?
The rule is, if they're in legal guarding position and receive significant enough contact to displace them from said legal guarding position, it's an offensive foul.

It's a stupid rule, and this was a textbook example of why it's stupid. He didn't establish legal guarding position until it was too late for THT to veer away. Just a dumbass rule.

Fine but they dont ever call it that way.
To get a charging call in real life and not on paper you USUALLY have to be set and waiting for the offensive player to crash into you. Refs usually side with the offensive player and the defensive player had to go to great lengths to get the call. OR the offensive player has to extend thier arm out greatly or something.

The call might be right according to what is written on paper in a rule book but the call was wromg in comparison to how its typically called.

I agree fish, but the thing is, the Clippers challenged it.

Once it's challenged, they have to apply what the rulebook says, not what they would "usually call".

The rule is, if they're in legal guarding position and receive significant enough contact to displace them from said legal guarding position, it's an offensive foul.

It's a stupid rule, and this was a textbook example of why it's stupid. He didn't establish legal guarding position until it was too late for THT to veer away. Just a dumbass rule.

Yeah, that’s just completely idiotic. By definition any offensive push off to create space should be an offensive foul then.

. He didn't establish legal guarding position until it was too late for THT to veer away.
And that is why they never call a foul in that scenario.
All of a sudden in this one game in this instance they are going to go by “the rule book” instead of the actual way they always call the play?
Thats ********. Call should have stood and I bet it would almost every time. I was shocked they changed the call regardless of what a rule book says. I have watched a lot of basketball and have seen plays just like that one get reviewed and never overturned.

In key times of the end of every game , every defender should jump in front of the ball handler at the last second if they move towards the basket. Refs call a foul on the defender. Defensive team coach challenges it. Call is overturned to an offensive foul and you get a stop.

Im surprised teams dont call this defensive play call more at the end of close games.

I'm encouraged with how we bounced back after a tough start and adjusting to being without Mike. We need to rest him on b2b's when he gets back and learn how to execute without him in case we have to down the road.

I think it's pretty clear Sexton is going to miss Mike the most. Mike/Sexton duo lets Sexton play to his strengths and when stuff needs to be ran properly we have the safety blanket in Conley.

Now Sexton has to actually run stuff and it's painful to watch.

In key times of the end of every game , every defender should jump in front of the ball handler at the last second if they move towards the basket. Refs call a foul on the defender. Defensive team coach challenges it. Call is overturned to an offensive foul and you get a stop.

Im surprised teams dont call this defensive play call more at the end of close games.

I think you are correct that if there is even a sliver of doubt they give it to the home team in those occasions.