What's new

Game Thread Nov 25, 2023 07:30PM MT: Jazz vs. Pelicans

Added to Calendar: 11-25-23

He is quietly (or loudly since its been brought up a fair bit) becoming what we all hope he will be. A lockdown defender and 3 ball shooter. His defense is already great, just need his shot to really come around. Actually I just googled. 37.2% from three aint bad.
Hopefully hardy continues to give him big time minutes. He is also really good at keeping the ball moving and making quick decisions. Even getting a little better off the dribble (like his and one 3 point play last night)
Agreed although I will say Hardy started Tecchi over Agbaji last night because Simone had more length to defend Ingram. The lack of playmaking will always be an issue but Ochai does well moving the ball/moving off the ball within Hardy's offense. Definitely a rotation player but I still don't have him as a lock to start on a future playoff team.

Ya he is a tough one to figure out. I have a hard time gauging how good he is and what type of contract he is worth. Physically and skillset wise he seems like a star player but he just seems to be on a lower level to me.
Just looked up Brandon Ingram to see what his profile and stats have to say.
26 years old (perfect), 6 foot 8 with good length and positional versatility (perfect), 25 points (50% from the field), 4.6 rebounds (should be a bit better imo), 5.3 assists (pretty good).
Under contract for this season and next season for 33 and 36 million.
After looking that up I still dont know how i feel about him or if I would want him on the jazz. Im guessing his next contract will probably be more than I would want to pay him.

One thing is for sure, he smokes all the weed. He looks high as **** in his profile picture on basketball reference lol.

The only downside with this win is it makes it harder to see Clarkson come back and dominate possessions with his drives to nowhere with ultra contested shots. No to mention his turnovers. Hopefully Hardy keeps beating this share the ball idea into everyone's head.

Watching the replay as I didnt catch it live, man, I forgot how miserable Walker was at post moves for a minute while he was out. Just watched him put up some weird flip shot over Cody Zeller in the final minute of the 3rd quarter like he was trying to shoot over an elite shot blocker.

The only downside with this win is it makes it harder to see Clarkson come back and dominate possessions with his drives to nowhere with ultra contested shots. No to mention his turnovers. Hopefully Hardy keeps beating this share the ball idea into everyone's head.
Uhh, the Jazz played awful without Clarkson. The offense was just objectively worse in that new Orleans game. Jazz just got lucky with a rest advantage against a team with even more injuries than them.

Reading through the thread I was expecting a better game, but I thought the Jazz played pretty poorly

Uhh, the Jazz played awful without Clarkson. The offense was just objectively worse in that new Orleans game. Jazz just got lucky with a rest advantage against a team with even more injuries than them.

Reading through the thread I was expecting a better game, but I thought the Jazz played pretty poorly
We weren’t good… but got some shots to fall at the right time.

I'd argue that if Clarkson plays, and has a rare good night we still win. Otherwise we lose easily.
I agree on the rest advantage. You could literally see them run out of gas.
There was great ball movement, just not great shot making.

I'd argue that if Clarkson plays, and has a rare good night we still win. Otherwise we lose easily.
Definitely did not see great ball movement

Ya the ball movement was nice to see.

Some of Keyonte's turnovers last night were a little concerning for me. In some cases he just threw the ball to the other team and in others he just couldn't handle ball pressure. It felt like he was processing the game a little slow.

I'm not super concerned, he's still getting up to NBA speed. I would just be less concerned if his turnovers were a result of him trying to do too much vs just looking overwhelmed by the NBA.

I’ve come to the conclusion that everyone but the first and second year players need to go and fill out the roster with GLeague scrubs from the bottom of the barrel the jazz should just swallow their pride and be more shameless like me.

No idea what game you watched. 23 assist to 23 turnovers
I watched the game where the ball moved. I never said we shot well, and you don't get assists on misses, but outside of Sexton and your boy tht on a few occasions, the ball moved well. I prefer it to iso after iso after iso. Especially in the crowded paint.
I'll just leave there as your pages long disputes with people get redundant as hell. I don't care to indulge you with that.

No idea what game you watched. 23 assist to 23 turnovers
You may want to re-evaluate your own eyeball test when everyone else sees it differently....

Facts:
Vs Pels: 309 passes made in 100 possessions for 3.09 passes per possession

That was our second highest amount of total passes (highest was our first game vs Memphis with 310) and highest passes per possession count (vs Memphis we had 107 possessions)

For reference:
Previous two games: 538 passes in 202 possessions for 2.66 passes per possession
Season average 280.6 passes in 102.25 possessions for 2.74 passes per possession

And we got to that 309 despite giving them a lot of early turnovers which means the passes per possession count where we didnt turn it over was actually much higher (no such tracking stat available though).