What's new

Now for some realistic optimism

Gordon kind of showed his lack of clutch when he missed that momentum-swinging wide open 3. That is the shot the super-stars just knock down. He missed, and missed badly. Realistically it is probably just the law of averages, but it sure seems we don't have "that guy" on this team.

Log, I like you, but this is stupid.

Being too hard on hayward he played well in game 1, was a beast on the boards, hit threes both games. I agree though gobert is probably our MVP though its close. Air Gordon is my favorite player in the nba along with Curry

OK...focusing on the optimism part:

In Jazz 1st round playoff history:
When the Jazz are returning home for game 3 (w/ series tied at 1-1) they are 6-1.
When the Jazz win the first game of the series (without homecourt advantage) they have a perfect 3-0 series record.
When the Jazz have split the first two games (without homecourt advantage), they have 5-2 series record.
The Clippers have never won a playoff game in Utah: 0-5

OK...focusing on the optimism part:

In Jazz 1st round playoff history:
When the Jazz are returning home for game 3 (w/ series tied at 1-1) they are 6-1.
When the Jazz win the first game of the series (without homecourt advantage) they have a perfect 3-0 series record.
When the Jazz have split the first two games (without homecourt advantage), they have 5-2 series record.
The Clippers have never won a playoff game in Utah: 0-5
**** optimism...

Hayward is averaging 26.3 PPG, 8.3 RPG and 3 APG through three games of this series.

He's also shooting 46.6% from three on 5 attempts a game.

Yeah, he's definitely the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Hayward is averaging 26.3 PPG, 8.3 RPG and 3 APG through three games of this series.

He's also shooting 46.6% from three on 5 attempts a game.

Yeah, he's definitely the problem.
Great post. Was going to jump in to say something about Hayward's series so far, but you said it better. My biggest disappointment is that this team did not prepare themselves to keep above water in the event of a Gobert injury. Having anything better than a gimpy Favors or an ineffective Withey at center and the Jazz likely sweep this series.

I was hopeful that they'd make a move at the 4/5 spots just to shore them up as much as possible heading into the playoffs.