What's new

Obama Government Shutdown?

Yet the vast majority of you folks were silent in criticism over 8 years. It was only when a black democrat was elected that finally the constitution, vacation days, and the debt mattered

You don't know what the vast majority of anyone was doing. Nice to see you resort to racism. That's original.

You don't know what the vast majority of anyone was doing. Nice to see you resort to racism. That's original.

How am I resorting to racism by including an obvious influence in the politics of our country? Stop being so petty. Grow up and realize that racism is alive and well. Of course, you already got your *** kicked in that thread too as I remember. It absolutely has influence in this country. I'm not however resorting to it because I feel like it's the only factor here. Hence, why I said a black democrat.

You can't deny that for 8 years big government was endorsed, illegal wars wages, constitution trampled upon, and deficits soared while critics of this president were silent.

Again, integrity.

That's all I ask for. Call it the way it is and stop playing political games.

And you cannot deny that utahns are merely doing the same. Had Matheson led a charge to shut down the government while Bush was President and trying to pass Medicare part D, that he wouldn't have been crucified. So why is lee being so worshipped?

Low information voters. Lee is white, mormon, and republican

How can Democracy survive when people merely pay attention to that?

How am I resorting to racism by including an obvious influence in the politics of our country? Stop being so petty. Grow up and realize that racism is alive and well. Of course, you already got your *** kicked in that thread too as I remember. It absolutely has influence in this country. I'm not however resorting to it because I feel like it's the only factor here. Hence, why I said a black democrat.

You can't deny that for 8 years big government was endorsed, illegal wars wages, constitution trampled upon, and deficits soared while critics of this president were silent.

Again, integrity.

If you want integrity than show some. Racism is alive and well but maybe you should open up your eyes and realize that you don't know crap about the other side and stop using racism as a crutch. Taking you off ignore was the biggest mistake I've made on here. You have no interest or desire for actual debate. You are no better than those you rail against. Pathetic

I said good day!

How many times was Bush asked to show his birth certificate?
If he grew up in the Philippines under a different name, it may have happened. I'm not saying it's right but this is still a xenophobic society.(most of your posts confirm it)
How many times was his religion analyzed?
Bill Maher did this a lot
How many times was his wife mocked?
I could show you a pick of Mrs. "Bush" but I would get infractered
Was he ever imitated by the Speaker of the House?
He was sure lambasted by the mayor of SLC
Was Bush or Reagan ever called out for using Air Force One or going on vacation?
Yes Bush was criticized constantly for going on vacation(partly because he constantly was on vacation)
Why wasn't Bush criticized for putting his shoes up on the table in the Oval Office?
He had a shoe thrown at him. It was awesome.
How many times have Democrats cried about "the takers" and "47 percent" while ignoring the biggest takers, big business?
Nope they demonize corporations and then do them favors for campaign contributions.
Why do we continually endorse a completely failed economic policy?
You'll have to be more specific.
Why do we bash food stamp people while ignore the CEO who just cut his labor force to give himself triple his previous salary?
Republicans don't hate the poor they just believe that the government is inefficient and that charities would do a better job.
Just look at how retarded you conservatives have been about the debt? Where the **** were you guys while your "maverick" pissed away trillion after trillion in tax cuts, Medicare Part D, bailouts, and wars?
Yeah that was hypocrisy of the highest degree, but GwBush didn't have the lowest approval rating ever without many republicans thinking that he sucked.
The mere fact that Mike Lee was elected shows how retarded we are here.
This is the result of gerrymandered districts. I wrote a letter did you?
How many times have the Dems shut down the government?
Really it's not that big of a deal. and it takes 2 to tango.
Comparing the two is like comparing the Lakers to the Clippers. Have fun with that. Then again, I'm not surprised. You were the one originally blaming the democrats here. Until kicky kicked your ***.
I think it's more like comparing Mayo and miracle whip. You probably have a preference but it doesn't really change the sandwich all that much.

Best analogy ever.

So, Imagine that the company you work for held a poll, and asked everyone if they thought it would be a good idea to put a soda machine in the break room. The poll came back, and the majority of your colleagues said "Yes", indicating that they would like a soda machine. Some said no, but the majority said yes. So, a week later, there's a soda machine. Now imagine that Bill in accounting voted against the soda machine. He has a strong hatred for caffeinated soft drinks, thinks they are bad you you, whatever. He campaigns throughout the office to get the machine removed. Well, management decides "OK, we'll ask again" and again, the majority of people say "Yes, lets keep the soda machine." Bill continues to campaign, and management continues to ask the employees, and every time, the answer is in favor of the soda machine. This happens, lets say... 35 times. Eventually, Bill says "OK, I'M NOT PROCESSING PAYROLL ANYMORE UNTIL THE SODA MACHINE IS REMOVED", so nobody will get paid unless management removes the machine. What should we do???

Answer: Fire Bill and get someone who will do the ****ing job.

Bonus: Bill tells everyone that he was willing to "Negotiate", to come to a solution where everyone got their payroll checks, but only so long as that negotiation capitulated to his demand to remove the soda machine.

Bill is a ****ing jackass.

Yet the vast majority of you folks were silent in criticism over 8 years. It was only when a black democrat was elected that finally the constitution, vacation days, and the debt mattered
********. Many Republicans(libertarian leaning)were pissed when Bush bailed out the banks. Hence, the tea party movement.

Again, integrity.

And you cannot deny that utahns are merely doing the same. Had Matheson led a charge to shut down the government while Bush was President and trying to pass Medicare part D, that he wouldn't have been crucified. So why is lee being so worshipped?

Low information voters. Lee is white, mormon, and republican

How can Democracy survive when people merely pay attention to that?

Back in the 2008 election, I am fairly certain that "low information voters" is, in part, what won Obama the White House. The good majority of the population that voted for him did so because he was black and would become the first black president - and because he was a democrat, rather than a republican.

To summarize: it is not just the white, republicans in Utah (or even just republicans in general) that are guilty of being low information voters. Let's not be hypocrites here.

To the extent the crisis is caused by Boehner being unable to tell the 40 tea partiers in his caucus to shut up without losing his job, the Democrats can actually solve this problem and give Boehner a way out.

It would require a creative solution but I think if the Dems stated that they would vote for Boehner for speaker in the event that the GOP caucus moved to vacate his chair then Boehner would probably be untouchable by Tea Party threats. That would also give Boehner significant incentive to behave differently because his internal constituency would have changed dramatically. Dems would have an incentive to keep him there and willing to work with them since they can't win a straight party-line vote othwerwise on the speaker seat.

I suspect that would actually solve the whole problem.

Nah, they all want the Tea Party to crash and burn. This nation has been a policy making mess ever since the rise of Boehner and his blackmailing Tea Party. A few more days of this shutdown and this nation will be so pissed off at them that Obamacare will be set in stone and they'll be heading out of town.

I work with several of your typical conservative, Utah Mormon, family in the armed forces but not getting paid republicans, and they've had enough of this pointless TP nonsense.

Where there's smoke there's fire.

How many times was Bush asked to show his birth certificate?
If he grew up in the Philippines under a different name, it may have happened. I'm not saying it's right but this is still a xenophobic society.(most of your posts confirm it)
How many times was his religion analyzed?
Bill Maher did this a lot
How many times was his wife mocked?
I could show you a pick of Mrs. "Bush" but I would get infractered
Was he ever imitated by the Speaker of the House?
He was sure lambasted by the mayor of SLC
Was Bush or Reagan ever called out for using Air Force One or going on vacation?
Yes Bush was criticized constantly for going on vacation(partly because he constantly was on vacation)
Why wasn't Bush criticized for putting his shoes up on the table in the Oval Office?
He had a shoe thrown at him. It was awesome.
How many times have Democrats cried about "the takers" and "47 percent" while ignoring the biggest takers, big business?
Nope they demonize corporations and then do them favors for campaign contributions.
Why do we continually endorse a completely failed economic policy?
You'll have to be more specific.
Why do we bash food stamp people while ignore the CEO who just cut his labor force to give himself triple his previous salary?
Republicans don't hate the poor they just believe that the government is inefficient and that charities would do a better job.
Just look at how retarded you conservatives have been about the debt? Where the **** were you guys while your "maverick" pissed away trillion after trillion in tax cuts, Medicare Part D, bailouts, and wars?
Yeah that was hypocrisy of the highest degree, but GwBush didn't have the lowest approval rating ever without many republicans thinking that he sucked.
The mere fact that Mike Lee was elected shows how retarded we are here.
This is the result of gerrymandered districts. I wrote a letter did you?
How many times have the Dems shut down the government?
Really it's not that big of a deal. and it takes 2 to tango.
Comparing the two is like comparing the Lakers to the Clippers. Have fun with that. Then again, I'm not surprised. You were the one originally blaming the democrats here. Until kicky kicked your ***.
I think it's more like comparing Mayo and miracle whip. You probably have a preference but it doesn't really change the sandwich all that much.

Did you notice littleelvis is back around? ;)

Nah, they all want the Tea Party to crash and burn. This nation has been a policy making mess ever since the rise of Boehner and his blackmailing Tea Party. A few more days of this shutdown and this nation will be so pissed off at them that Obamacare will be set in stone and they'll be heading out of town.

I work with several of your typical conservative, Utah Mormon, family in the armed forces but not getting paid republicans, and they've had enough of this pointless TP nonsense.

Where there's smoke there's fire.

typical conservatives don't work for the government. your sample selection is as biased as you are. . . . .

conservative republicans who are serious about returning us to a more original intent version of the American Experiment. . . who really think less government is a better way to go, along with less nannystate cradle society. . . . let me restate that. . . who think people can do better for themselves on their own account if allowed the freedom to just do so. . . . have been the object of the RINO reactionaries since 2010. Well longer than that. . . . since forever in fact. . . . Mainstream republicans love bashing them just as much any dems do.

The truth is, the Bush league Republicans are in the sack for Nannystate just as much as any Dems are. Neither set gives a damn about human rights or liberty.

This round of the traditional hissy fit is a fight for the Republican Party. I say the Republican Party has long belonged to the banker elitists. . . ever since Abraham Lincoln in fact. The Dems have no reason to compromise when it's really not even their battle. . . . just let the Republicans do themselves in. . . .

The next thing people will do is sack the Dem party. As long as the elites have both parties in their pockets one way or another, it's time people stopped supporting either one.

I think he's saying you're LE8 of days of yore. . . . hey hey. . . . those pics of sltrib staffers in their Hitler gear were classic. . . . did you know who owns the sltrib. . . . that's right. . . the same folks who bankrolled Hitler by sending Prescott Bush with a satchel filled with $20M to fund the false flag Reichstag fire and solidify Hitler's power. . . .

Rockefeller and Bush financial investments in the Nazi war machine continued throughout the war. Fancy that. Start a war, and own the businesses that make the bullets for both sides. What a racket.

Even Obama is their boy.

conservative republicans who are serious about returning us to a more original intent version of the American Experiment. . . .

This is the biggest problem of the conservative movement. Absolutely no ideas for the future, except the return to the past. Oh, and the ludicrous notion that a bunch of middle-aged, white, male slave-owners 250 years ago had some sort of font of knowledge and wisdom unavailable to anyone today.

If you want integrity than show some. Racism is alive and well but maybe you should open up your eyes and realize that you don't know crap about the other side and stop using racism as a crutch. Taking you off ignore was the biggest mistake I've made on here. You have no interest or desire for actual debate. You are no better than those you rail against. Pathetic

I said good day!

Ok.... So racism isn't a crutch.

Sooooo there were legit concerns that the President was born in Kenya? Why?

This is the biggest problem of the conservative movement. Absolutely no ideas for the future, except the return to the past. Oh, and the ludicrous notion that a bunch of middle-aged, white, male slave-owners 250 years ago had some sort of font of knowledge and wisdom unavailable to anyone today.

This is the stupidest comment in JazzFanz history. . . . take one stone-cold truth in the first sentence, and combine it with an absolutely arrogant slur in the second, and then utilize agism, racism, and a half-truth with an uncomprehending prejudice against people who lived long ago, and conclude with an absolute falsehood.

Well, I suppose I shouldn't expect a Canadian to be particularly fond of the former colonies or their leaders who set up a competitive response to the British Empire that lasted. . . . well. . . . through two wars where Canadian's assisted the British against the States. But what has the Canadian school system come to, with teachers like you?

The British followed up on the failed wars with an economic strategy of building up connections with American-based businesses and banks, and then gave financial support to both Abolitionists and Secessionists in the States in a deliberate program to apply Machiavellian principles to divide the States. In the aftermath, the bankers and financial interests launched a massive take-over of America through the age of the Robber Barons, the various cartels like railroads, mining, coal, steel. . . .and oil. . . and while the principals were American natives, they indeed had British investment and banking behind them, and they did indeed return the United States to the kind of government we had when the British Far East Trading Company could manipulate the British government in their own interests.

A few religious zealots were responsible for organizing the "No Sugar In My Tea" campaign that ended the British slave trade. . . . and yes it was the British who imported most of the slaves to America. . . . but the abolition of slavery was achieved by British "Tea-Partiers", and the same principles and strategies could have ended slavery in America as well, if not for British meddling.

Today, the "Council of Foreign Relations" is to a significant extent actually the British management agency wherein the British elitists have succeeded in re-establishing influence in the United States. Cecil Rhodes, the racist white supremacist, conceived the idea of the Anglo-American world dominance strategy which is in place today.

The ideals of human rights, absolute notions of the human creature deserving fundamental liberties. . . . actually came from England because the Brit nobles were pretty brutal against the ordinary people. . . . enough so that people fought the Lords to a standstill and forced the nobles to recognize some fundamental rights. . . . The Magna Carta is one of the source streams of the principles which Americans took up and defended against the British elitists once again. The American colonies were singled out for specific denials of rights once held sacred in British law. . . .and that is why Americans rebelled.

And yep, a lot of people, Tories, didn't care to fight. A significant number of colonists and most of Indian tribes that traded with the British actually joined the British in the effort to suppress the American patriots. . . and a significant number of them went to Canada, both during the war and afterwards. . . .

The ideals of human liberty and government responsive to the ordinary people is still a better idea than fascism. And always will be.

What the politicians of the United States are faced with today is a rebirth of freedom driven by excessive government intrusion into personal lives, obliteration of basic human rights, and encroaching fascism displacing everything that once was good about the United States. This will be the wave of the future. Fascism is the past. . . communism is the past. . . . false flag "progressive" is the past.

There is no good reason why people should accept abuse from overseers and overlords. We will not be slaves again, sir.

Hey, I resemble that remark. And I'll have you know that I only drool on myself part of the day. Jerk.
Huh? Maybe I need to spell my little joke out for you. LogGrad referred to retarded llama's who drool all over themselves all day. I said that I resemble that remark... instead of resent that remark. Have you noticed my avatar? Get it?

BTW, I am not Frank. I barely have the time to use one account, let alone multiple accounts. No alts here.

This is the stupidest comment in JazzFanz history. . . . take one stone-cold truth in the first sentence, and combine it with an absolutely arrogant slur in the second, and then utilize agism, racism, and a half-truth with an uncomprehending prejudice against people who lived long ago, and conclude with an absolute falsehood.

Well, I suppose I shouldn't expect a Canadian to be particularly fond of the former colonies or their leaders who set up a competitive response to the British Empire that lasted. . . . well. . . . through two wars where Canadian's assisted the British against the States. But what has the Canadian school system come to, with teachers like you?

The British followed up on the failed wars with an economic strategy of building up connections with American-based businesses and banks, and then gave financial support to both Abolitionists and Secessionists in the States in a deliberate program to apply Machiavellian principles to divide the States. In the aftermath, the bankers and financial interests launched a massive take-over of America through the age of the Robber Barons, the various cartels like railroads, mining, coal, steel. . . .and oil. . . and while the principals were American natives, they indeed had British investment and banking behind them, and they did indeed return the United States to the kind of government we had when the British Far East Trading Company could manipulate the British government in their own interests.

A few religious zealots were responsible for organizing the "No Sugar In My Tea" campaign that ended the British slave trade. . . . and yes it was the British who imported most of the slaves to America. . . . but the abolition of slavery was achieved by British "Tea-Partiers", and the same principles and strategies could have ended slavery in America as well, if not for British meddling.

Today, the "Council of Foreign Relations" is to a significant extent actually the British management agency wherein the British elitists have succeeded in re-establishing influence in the United States. Cecil Rhodes, the racist white supremacist, conceived the idea of the Anglo-American world dominance strategy which is in place today.

The ideals of human rights, absolute notions of the human creature deserving fundamental liberties. . . . actually came from England because the Brit nobles were pretty brutal against the ordinary people. . . . enough so that people fought the Lords to a standstill and forced the nobles to recognize some fundamental rights. . . . The Magna Carta is one of the source streams of the principles which Americans took up and defended against the British elitists once again. The American colonies were singled out for specific denials of rights once held sacred in British law. . . .and that is why Americans rebelled.

And yep, a lot of people, Tories, didn't care to fight. A significant number of colonists and most of Indian tribes that traded with the British actually joined the British in the effort to suppress the American patriots. . . and a significant number of them went to Canada, both during the war and afterwards. . . .

The ideals of human liberty and government responsive to the ordinary people is still a better idea than fascism. And always will be.

What the politicians of the United States are faced with today is a rebirth of freedom driven by excessive government intrusion into personal lives, obliteration of basic human rights, and encroaching fascism displacing everything that once was good about the United States. This will be the wave of the future. Fascism is the past. . . communism is the past. . . . false flag "progressive" is the past.

There is no good reason why people should accept abuse from overseers and overlords. We will not be slaves again, sir.

Are you high? Seriously. What does any of this drivel(thank you very much, I have a degree in history) have to do with what I asked. Why should anyone follow a blueprint for running a country devised by a small elite 250 years ago, based on contemporary issues and contemporary economics? What special knowledge did Washington, Jefferson or Franklin have that has not been superseded since?

Are you high? Seriously. What does any of this drivel(thank you very much, I have a degree in history) have to do with what I asked. Why should anyone follow a blueprint for running a country devised by a small elite 250 years ago, based on contemporary issues and contemporary economics? What special knowledge did Washington, Jefferson or Franklin have that has not been superseded since?

They had common sense and basic honesty, and they were not a small elite. yes they were well-educated and knew some of the history of earlier experiments in better government. . . . which historically failed for one reason or another. Every society we know anything about has had some highs and lows.

A lot of people liked freedom, disliked fascism. . . . oh say about seventy years ago. Prescott Bush and some British royalty liked Hitler, at first at least. Hitler was popular with some of the American cartelists then. . . . Americans had been trimming the sails of our cartelists and had laws on the books and being enforced to break up monopolies. . . . so the cartelists found a more favorable place to invest, in Germany. . . . Today our cartelists have once again taken their production to places that are less susceptible to public sentiments. . . . and David Rockefeller is proud of his work in establishing the modern fascism you love.

Yep, you might have a degree in history, and you might like the British version of it, but you believe in something that is a throwback to feudalism. That's not progress.

It would take some people committed to the view that human beings bear innate rights that take precedence over a lot of managerial perogatives to improve upon the orignal intent of the Constitution of the United States, but I'm sure it could be done better today. . . . just not by people who sneer down their British noses at everyone else.

Since we have been invaded and conquered since progressive socialism of the British brand prevailed over real education about a hundred years ago, it will just take people a little courage to realize why they are being herded around from day to day, branded for some little peon niche in society, and told what health care they may or may not have. . . . but the fact is, this trend in history has run its course, and people are figuring it out in spite of all the propaganda and lies we're being fed in the mainstream media.

It might get worse before it gets better. . . . . Sam Adams when discussing the use of the illegal Writs of Assistance in the Colonies, hundreds of years after they were discredited and declared illegal under British Law, stated that he wished the Brit overlords would heap on a few more insults to the rights of Americans, degrading them further into servitude, if that is what it would take to wake them up to the necessity of standing up for their rights.

Today's government "shutdown" dog and pony show might just annoy a lot of complacent citizens who haven't understood the issues yet, but the people who do care are more committed than ever, and their numbers will be increasing in the long run.

Obama has evaded the whole budget process for allocating our resources for almost five years, and we are going broke. People are losing full-time jobs, trying to arrange their lives to make up for it with two or three part-time jobs. . . . and hating it. Fewer people believe the mainstream propaganda today than ever I've seen. . . . historically it is a sea change. . . . there were not even as many concerned and committed citizens when the colonies rebelled.

People today do indeed know better than they ever knew before, and have seen more abuse from governments than any backwoodsman in the colonies ever dreamt of. . . . but we do still have a Constitution that is supposed to be the law of the land, and it is something that will improve upon the depotism of today's elitists, and will protect the common man to some degree if we respect it and uphold it. That is the very least we should require of our politicians.

Last edited:

You have a degree in history yet you somehow think that these men all subscribed to the same economic theories. Furthermore Mr. Historybuff we don't exactly follow their blueprint. The Constitution is a "plastic" document that has been Amended to keep up with our modern sensibilities.

Just because someone lived a long time ago does not make their theories invalid. Socrates had his debates in The Republic over 2000 years ago and I think the thoughts expressed therein about the role and design of a just government are still valid to consider today.