What's new

Game Thread Oct 10, 2023 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Clippers (Preseason)

Added to Calendar: 10-10-23

I'm running out the door right now but here are a few small concerning facts:

1. He complained about his role in Atlanta sitting in the corner

2. Despite trying for several seasons they were never able to incorporate Collins in a lineup with either Okongwu or Capela. They even brought in Dejounte Murray to help run the offense but Collins still didn't fit. He did have a wrecked finger last season so will give him a small pass but Atlanta was a better team when Collins was off the floor.

3. Right now I would say it will take more than 2 preseason games to say whether he fits next to Kessler when there are 3 full seasons of empirical evidence from his Atlanta days pointing to the exact opposite.
So John Collins in Nate McMillans offense is the same as John Collins in Will Hardys offense, because both have non-spacing bigs?

McMillans offense was simple, uncreative, static and pointless af with PnR and iso being the bulk of their "scheme".

Atlanta fans moaned about this for ages. Right now they are salivating over 1 preseason game because of how Snyder has transformed their offense.

So John Collins in Nate McMillans offense is the same as John Collins in Will Hardys offense, because both have non-spacing bigs?

McMillans offense was simple, uncreative, static and pointless af with PnR and iso being the bulk of their "scheme".

Atlanta fans moaned about this for ages. Right now they are salivating over 1 preseason game because of how Snyder has transformed their offense.
My man, you like this offense?

Too early to tell this season. 2 preseason games against the same opponent in hawaii and seattle is not a good sample size imo. Last season, with mostly the same roster, the offense was quite good.

Not the preseason version thus far. But its still better than last preseasons version.

I did like the regular season offense we had last year when Conley was injured and Sexton+Clarkson started. My only major gripes then were Beasley being a black hole, Clarksons occasional overdribbles and defenders sagging off Vando.

Our defense at that time on the other hand... not a fan of that yeah.

Kinda disappointed that I didn’t get to see the boys tonight. I’d just re-upped on my League Pass looking forward to watching it all day and 7:00 finally arrives and instead of the game I get the message that the game is blacked out in my area. I’m used to that here in Vegas for the LA teams but Ballys West aren’t playing any preseason Clippers for some reason.

Anyway long story short, just checked the Box Score, happy for THT. Seems like one of the guys we better start thinking about extending.
Get a VPN and login on your laptop or add a VPN to your smart tv and watch on the NBA app. Thankfully I only have to do that when they play Portland.

I think Simone is the kind of player that needs to get a couple possessions of driving to the basket on order to get in rhythm and hit his outside shots. I just don't think he's the kind of player that can come in cold off the bench and hit a bunch of open 3s.

Unfortunately for him, that is the role he will be required to play in the NBA, which is why he will have a much better career playing in Europe.

Every good team have a men to run the show. We had a great start last year because Mike was the commander. They stop it for the semi tanking strategy. If this year the tempo is set up with THT-JC, we will have some crazy and funny games to watch but overall we will be a 35-40 win team....for me it's time to make a trade. Too many ''not good enough'' PG ( except Keyonte that will improve ). Can we get a good PG at that stage? not so sure.