What's new

Game Thread Oct 11, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Spurs (Preseason)

Added to Calendar: 10-11-22

It's kind of nuts that a lottery pick rookie didn't even get on the floor in a preseason game, especially considering two of our rotation players didn't play. Thanks, coach Hardy.

It's kind of nuts that a lottery pick rookie didn't even get on the floor in a preseason game, especially considering two of our rotation players didn't play. Thanks, coach Hardy.
That’s the cost of playing Gay and NAW.

Kessler was pretty damn good. I’m pretty impressed with his hands and ability to look like he knows what the **** is going on out there. Not just the rolling and leaking out but he sealed the shot blocker on a drive Andrew Bogut style… that’s a vet move right there… impressive.

Doke getting cut.

THT was actually good… except shooting. JB was pretty good tonight. Looks like he just playing basketball again instead of overthinking things.

Vando finishes less than @Saint Cy of JFC ‘s lovers… He plays hard and gets his hands on the ball a lot but I think his energy glue guy routine on this tanking team is a bit of a waste.

Man, if we’re gonna suck playing vets, I’ll just box score watch this year I think and not re-up my league pass. I want to watch us suck with young players we can at least pretend to be excited about. I want to watch the Kesslers, THTs, Agbajis, and Butlers and really have little interest watching us suck with old dudes.

Literally what is even the ****ing point of Rudy Gay in Utah? He ain’t rehabbing his non-existent trade value. Just cut him and buy him out.

Kessler was pretty damn good. I’m pretty impressed with his hands and ability to look like he knows what the **** is going on out there. Not just the rolling and leaking out but he sealed the shot blocker on a drive Andrew Bogut style… that’s a vet move right there… impressive.

Doke getting cut.

Yeah, I definitely think Dok is getting cut, and Johnson is probably the other guy getting cut. If they do something really stupid and keep Zeller around then Bolmaro is likely gone as well.

Yeah, I definitely think Dok is getting cut, and Johnson is probably the other guy getting cut. If they do something really stupid and keep Zeller around then Bolmaro is likely gone as well.

See if Gay is out for rest later this week against Dallas so Stanley Johnson can play. Johnson is the guy you'd put on Luka.

Last edited:
I am torn on the last cut. Gay is a tank GOAT apparently… Stanley has such a good attitude and is a guy with some trade value imo. Bolmaro doesn’t do much for me.

I am torn on the last cut. Gay is a tank GOAT apparently… Stanley has such a good attitude and is a guy with some trade value imo. Bolmaro doesn’t do much for me.

My choice would definitely be Gay. In spite of his tank commander potential, I don't think I can stand to watch him play while some of the young guys ride the pine all season long. Seeing what a big part of the rotation he's been in the two preseason games he's played in, I'm very skeptical it will actually happen.

Kessler has made Dok and Zeller expendable. Those two are gone which means we need to make one more cut. Butler, I think, lived to play another day.

He'll get plenty of time in the regular season. He's probably still trying to learn the rotations. Our other rookie is getting plenty of time because it looks like he knows the plays.

He's already improved. If Jensen can develop him like he did Rudy, he's going to be a legend. Too bad Kessler plays the same position as Wemby, who we're definitely getting.

Wemby is fine playing power forward. I so want the Kessler, Wemby, Lauri frontline.