What's new

Game Thread Oct 14, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Mavericks (Preseason)

Added to Calendar: 10-14-22

Turnovers seemed to be the problem for us but understandable given that they have only recently been thrown together.
Doke on the sidelines looks like he ate too many cookies.

Turnovers seemed to be the problem for us but understandable given that they have only recently been thrown together.
That Dok pick was as close to a death knell for our championship run as one could get. Man what a bad pick. It’ll never not piss me off

Possibly but about mid February last year I had a hard time watching the s* show of a team we had so it's not a huge loss. I'd rather watch a team try than a team that you could tell hated everything about their lives(slight exaggeration).
Yes. I remember thinking the exact thing last year. The lack of chemistry, effort on defense, and stupid shot selection made last year’s team pretty unwatchable too. But at least we had a watchable Court and cool jerseys. I wish we could fast forward to the part when we have a good team again, good Court and jerseys, and a big boy tv deal.

Still, he was involved at some level. Had a nice little interview with Boler and Thurl in which they talked about his first team practice and tha physical and mental side of recovery. Boler even said something to the effect “can’t wait to see you on court”. Bolmaro and Johnson look like “dead man walking” and I’d be willing to bet $5 on it if a free drink was involved, at this point.

As has been mentioned, the refreshing part is that there seems to be chemistry and a lot of hustle. Even though he has absolutely no offensive game, I really like Vanderbilt. He is the type of gritty, hustle guy that this team has needed in the past. It's a shame, but Vando and even Olynyk are the kinds of players that were desperately needed in past years.
Also, Markkanen is a stud and should definitely be a part of the future. He actually looked a little bit like Wemby out there if you squinted hard enough.
Kessler is another guy that actually looks quite good and should be a part of the future squad. Finally, I haven't seen enough of him but Ochai may be a part of the future.