What's new

Game Thread Oct 20, 2021 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Thunder

Added to Calendar: 10-20-21

I mean….we can call it whatever. Going from the the 1st or 2nd option to the 4th or 5th option and barely touching the ball is a big difference in my opinion.

If he plays the way he did last year in SAS he will end up hurting the offense. There’s a reason why his efficiency was woefully below league average last season despite a career year shooting from 3. Scoring the tough buckets and creating his own shot was very much part of his role for SAS.

Like you said, many have done this transition before and even if it is a much different role it might be just what he needs to keep his career. He’s already trending this way and if SAS wasn’t so terrible maybe he might have already made the drop to a 15 usage guy.

I have less worry about the role shift than I do about the age/injury situation…especially considering that most people seem to be banking on a big defensive upgrade. 35 is really getting up there. Unless it’s LeBron I have them in the “we’ll have to wait and see” category.

It's going to be really interesting to see if Gay and Clarkson can co-exist. I don't think Joe or Whiteside are going to get many shots when on the floor with those two guys.

Lol @ Jazzfanz being Jazzfanz. We always need to have someone to beat up on, and Whiteside is an easy target. I'll say it again, there'sa reason Gobert is a 3x DPOY. Not too many bigs can cover th3 floor like he does. Whiteside plays better defense than Al Jefferdad, and we started him for 3 seasons.
Are people just randomly beating up on Hassan? Or are they responding to people who are handing out ridiculous praise after a mediocre performance against a bad team?

It's going to be really interesting to see if Gay and Clarkson can co-exist. I don't think Joe or Whiteside are going to get many shots when on the floor with those two guys.
I can see no reason why we can't have a Jingles/Whiteside Pick and Roll. Especially against bench players. Who do you double off of since it is likely Mitchell will be out there with Clarkson and Gay as well?

I can see no reason why we can't have a Jingles/Whiteside Pick and Roll. Especially against bench players. Who do you double off of since it is likely Mitchell will be out there with Clarkson and Gay as well?

I wasn't suggesting Ingles and Whiteside won't get any shots at all or that we won't run any plays for them. They're shot attempts are bound to be down though if they're playing the majority of their minutes with guy's who shoot the ball as much as JC and Gay do.

4517801f-bf4f-486d-8aba-7cecbf5d3961-jpeg.11293

I looked it up. This is from the official site of the NBA. Uhh, this counts. You can cry all you want, but the Jazz are 0-1 and the Knicks are 5-0.

You really want to play us this year? You'd better hope Typhoid Rudy comes down with something and shuts the world down again. You don't want to meet us. We are 5-0 to start the season. We laugh at 0-1 losers like the Jazz.

I looked it up. This is from the official site of the NBA. Uhh, this counts. You can cry all you want, but the Jazz are 0-1 and the Knicks are 5-0.

You really want to play us this year? You'd better hope Typhoid Rudy comes down with something and shuts the world down again. You don't want to meet us. We are 5-0 to start the season. We laugh at 0-1 losers like the Jazz.
Ah..now we know you work part-time at nba.com managing the results. Knix will win the 'chip!

$500