What's new

Game Thread Oct 24, 2022 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Rockets

Added to Calendar: 10-24-22

THT has been one of our best perimeter defenders, possibly our best, but for some reason this board likes to constantly **** talk him.
He's been ok on defense, I wouldn't consider him great. He gets lost at times and also reaches in/fouls too much. He is unique in his ability to defend both on the perimeter and in the paint, making him one of our most versatile defenders, although I wouldn't call him great at either.

THT has been one of our best perimeter defenders, possibly our best, but for some reason this board likes to constantly **** talk him.
His build reminds me a bit of Grant Williams. He's all about that base. Dat booty! His defense looks above average. But he makes very bobbleheaded plays on offense. It sometimes looks like he has no clue what he is doing when he drives. He leaves his feet with no where to go. He doesn't layup the ball, he throws it at the rim and prays. He doesn't look like a point guard but he brings the ball up consistently. I expect many Shaqt'n the fool moments from THT.

He is a project, no doubt and may pan out. If not, no biggie. I think the sentiment here is about his offense and the fact that there are other players that we would like to see. Release the OCH!!!

THT's arms are just so freaky long. That helps him tremendously to cause havoc on the defensive end.

With that said Houston and the Pels (before Ingram went out of the game) are the archetypes of where this league is heading. Both are full of length and athleticism.

Hopefully Jazz can draft a few of these lengthy, skilled types in the next few drafts as that is something this team is missing and will need to compete moving forward. Someone like NAW looks the part on paper but the reality is another story.

He's been ok on defense, I wouldn't consider him great. He gets lost at times and also reaches in/fouls too much. He is unique in his ability to defend both on the perimeter and in the paint, making him one of our most versatile defenders, although I wouldn't call him great at either.
He's got a DBPM of 2.6 through 4 games (best on the team). I know advanced stats arent really useful across small sample sizes, but it agres with my eye test that his D has been very very good.

When simone came in i was like who is number 16? He looked huge to me. How tall is he? His shot sure looks pure

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I think its his shot selection and out of control style and his general physical appearance. I like him though. Makes me laugh every game.

It was a low quality game, but that was to be expected with the B2B and overtime games. It was nice to see Simone get some time and play well, opposite for NAW. At this point I would just waive him and sign the G-League PG of choice. He's 24 and not worth investing in IMO. Thought Kessler looked a little uncomfortable against small ball tonight.

When simone came in i was like who is number 16? He looked huge to me. How tall is he? His shot sure looks pure

Yeah, he looked a lot bigger than I expected and had a great confident shot. He does look a little lost at times on both ends though. More than once he passed the ball and couldnt figure out where to go and fouls way too much. I hope he figures some of that out quick and can just play without thinking too much.