What's new

Game Thread Oct 25, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Kings

Added to Calendar: 10-25-23

I thought the knuckleball was the one pitch (if properly thrown) you could not get a read on.
IDK enough to really know. Changeup didn't feel gimmicky enough so I went Knuckleball. I think zone is one of those things that once the team busts it then it needs to be put away for a minute... unless you have great disruptive wings that cause issues up top I don't think its a meat and potatoes defense.

The all time leader in steals and assists played for Sloan. As did d-will, who was superb at the point.

D-Will never got over that Jerry took so long to make him starter. Hope Hardy doesn't do the same with Keyonte.

Did Hardy do a post-game interview and what did he say?
He was his usual glass 3/4s full self. Said there was plenty to review while watching film.

He also defended the zone. Said the stats showed it was effective.

Last edited:
Hardy had some really interesting facial expressions and body language last night. He looked very uncomfortable and annoyed about everything going on.
At one point he looked very close to bursting into tears. He is facially expressive.

Sloan would likely love some of the young players we have… don’t see any nonsense or ego with Key or Taylor. He played young guys at times… just had to be all business with no BS.

Williams started 47 of his 80 games his rookie season. It didn't take that long.
That was a weird thing.

D-Will was actually starting games by mid-November, like 10 games into the season. Then at some point midseason he got dog-housed for a couple months - barely averaging 20 minutes a game, before resuming starting again for the last stretch of the season.

That was a weird thing.

D-Will was actually starting games by mid-November, like 10 games into the season. Then at some point midseason he got dog-housed for a couple months - barely averaging 20 minutes a game, before resuming starting again for the last stretch of the season.
IIRC, during that first runs of starts he was actually the 2-guard.

I forgot to comment about this when it happened live, so I'm gonna talk about it now. We were down 7-0 and it's looking bleak. But then THT hits a moonball 3, gets the rebound, and.......throws a backwards pass between his legs to no one for a turnover. This man is straight comedy. I understand why Cy is a big fan lololol.

I forgot to comment about this when it happened live, so I'm gonna talk about it now. We were down 7-0 and it's looking bleak. But then THT hits a moonball 3, gets the rebound, and.......throws a backwards pass between his legs to no one for a turnover. This man is straight comedy. I understand why Cy is a big fan lololol.
Oh it was commented on live. Perfect encapsulation of the THT experience. Hits a normal set shot then throws a pass that would get me laughed at by the guys I play pickup with… completely unnecessarily… you can make a drop off pass so much easier. I didn’t even care when he over dribbled and slipped like 2-3 plays later… that happens… it’s the completely WTF moments that make me face palm.

D-Will never got over that Jerry took so long to make him starter. Hope Hardy doesn't do the same with Keyonte.
I don't think he ever got over that Jerry started Milt Palacio in front of him.

Which to be fair, I don't blame him Deron for that.

I don't think he ever got over that Jerry started Milt Palacio in front of him.

Which to be fair, I don't blame him Deron for that.
My favorite thing about Milt Palacio was how he had literally one game where he made a clutch shot and then Bolerjack decided to nickname him Captain Crunch, despite Polacio never being particularly clutch again.